main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THX 1138 DVD / trailer / new Web site

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by AdamBertocci, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    will it be out in australia? that is my only question

2. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Woah! just saw the trailer, and saw thx footage for the very first time!

It looks NUTS!! Amazing! George has a brilliant vision! I cannot wait for this now.

Too bad it wont carry the LFltd logo intro :(

3. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000

I think it's cool that George and Francis, who started out all those years ago together, are re-releasing this vintage sci-fi classic. That's the great thing about film, it's preserved for the future.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This is great!
    The Trailer was amazing
    I cannot wait to see it for the first time.

I just hope I can get my hands on the DVD.
    They will be selling them everywhere right?
    I don't want them to just be in a few stores for a few days.
    It is the DVD everwhere? right, I think it is.

I will be sure to watch this.
    It looked great!

5. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    This release is exciting. THX-1138 was ahead of it's time. As with ANH and American Graffiti, George did a lot with a small budget. Though some call him a hack nowadays, I believe he is a true film artist now, and THX certainly shows that even at 25, he was an amazing filmmaking talent.

Can't wait for September. :)

6. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    I wonder if the media will ignore the THX release in preference to the OT release on DVD?

Why wouldn't they? Finally the legendary star wars movies are on dvd.2 of the biggest movies of all time are included in the set.Or some nothing movie that lots of people have never heard of.

7. Palpateen

Apr 26, 2000

yes, but that box art for THX is incredible, and just with Lucas's name on it, it's gonna have a lot of interest. I think the THX release will get some play, but obviously not as much as Star Wars.

8. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    The box art is so cool! Avant-garde while showing what the film is essentially about.

9. THX--1138

THX--1138 Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2004
    This film wasn't given the respect it deserved the first time around. George was new to the film industry, and the film didn't recieve much attention. It was still realized, however, that the film was ahead of its time. With its re-release, I hope the film recieves more attention and recognition.

THX--1138

10. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    where can you find out which cities it is playing in?

11. Palpateen

Apr 26, 2000

I think the official star wars site had a partial listing of the cities in it's official announcement of the THX release. Check the archives of that site and I'll bet you can find it.

12. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I think it's funny that all of the parts I liked best in the trailer are new additions. I haven't seen the film yet.

13. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well then it's funny that I think all the worst part are thew new enhancements ;-). And I did see the original.

14. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    The original holograms just look like double exposures. The new holograms look....like holograms.
    I think this is why I prefer the originals, hard to explain, but I wish he'd just left it alone.

I'm not at all bothered about Greedo shooting first, but this THX:SE just feels, inappropriate somehow.

15. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

As excited as I am about the release of Episode III and the Classic Trilogy DVD, I am pretty interested in THX1138. It's gonna surprise a lot of people who've never paid much attention.

16. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    [smartass]Yeah . . . . especially the people who were too poor to pay attention.[/smartass]

17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I wonder when those other THX trailers will come on.
    I go over to that site every now and then and it always says "pending" I would be excited to see the other trailers.

They should be coming soon I would think.

-Seldon

18. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I love THX 1138 even more than I do STAR WARS. Too bad they haven't updated the site since it went online.

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have to admit I've never been able to see THX and have always wanted to. When the trailers for the new version came out, I just about wet myself. It looks so sodding cool. I'm not sure if it's going to be playing in theatres around here, though, and I really want to see it in theatres.

Does anyone know if there will be a wider release of it or where we can find out if it's coming to our city?

-sj loves kevin spacey

20. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Does anyone know if there will be a wider release of it or where we can find out if it's coming to our city?

From what I can tell, it looks like it'll be just a limited theatrical release with the DVDs coming out shortly thereafter.

The second trailer is up now. :D

21. WitchKing73

WitchKing73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    Thanks for the "heads up" on the new (late-July) trailer. Kenny Baker, Warwick Davis and I will be having nightmares now.

A comment about the 2nd trailer;

It's true, it appears like the wide angle fx-shots and explanative nature of the first trailer have given way to a more intimate, almost claustophobic feeling one. But by no means is it any less of a mind #%*ker.

Between the 0.14 & 0.17 second marks, what in the #@*k are those vile crawly things next to our familiar, wild, bearded, dirty, little person mutant? Zoinks!!! I 'bout dropped my pipe. Though I did not believe it humanly possible, THX-1138 is getting freakier and cooler by each passing advert. I mean, really now! Did Lucasfilm think they could just sneak this past everyone with all of the Revenge of the Sith and Original Trilogy DVD hoopla these past few days? Man, that is some strange, exorcist-looking #@*t!

Attack of the Furry Gollum Clones, or maybe they're just pet Kowakian monkey-lizards . . . :)

22. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Between the 0.14 & 0.17 second marks, what in the #@*k are those vile crawly things next to our familiar, wild, bearded, dirty, little person mutant?

I noticed that as well. I was reminded of something from the Resident Evil movie.

The second trailer seems to be lacking the bombast of the first one which had the rousing chourus of Bach's St Matthew's Passion (my personal favorite piece of music ever written), but it has it's own appeal as well.

How many people out there have seen the original student film version of THX-1138? I remember seeing it on the Scifi Channel a couple years back.

23. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    That thing is certainly Gollumesque?

I've only seen a little bit of the short, looking forward to seeing the whole thing soon!

24. Clear_Water

Clear_Water Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2004
    Could someone please post a screen-cap of ""those vile crawly things"?? I wanna see!

I have trouble uploading the site so I can't view the trailer :(

25. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    Hope this works...

[image=http://img65.exs.cx/img65/8448/thxfreak01.jpg][image=http://img60.exs.cx/img60/5323/thxfreak02.jpg]
    [image=http://img60.exs.cx/img60/775/thxfreak03.jpg][image=http://img60.exs.cx/img60/9698/thxfreak04.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.