main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THX-1138 on DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    The official site just announced THX-1138 on DVD to be released Sept. 14. One week before the trilogy. It's going to be two discs will include Lucas' original student film plus the feature has a Lucas commentery track. The website for the release is www.thx1138movie.com.
    For any of you Star Wars fans that haven't seen this movie much of what is in it is Star Wars in embryo, especially the sound effects. I've wanted this on DVD almost as bad as the trilogy, plus I've never seen this in the widescreen format ever. So this should be a fun time.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up on this! *Runs off to tell my fanforce about it*

3. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I watched the trailer for this release and I noticed all sorts of alterations, meaning digital additions like in the star wars sepecial editions. It's very interesting.

4. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    They just posted a new trailer for the THX-1138 DVD release at www.thx1138movie.com. Anyone interested in having a get together for this. I'm especially excited that we will get a George Lucas audio comentary on it.

5. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    I think it would be a good idea to at least have a club screening of THX. It's not as accessible as Star Wars, but there are a lot of themes from THX that made it into SW.

6. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    I would agree...we should probably warn everyone that you get to see ALL of Robert Duvall....

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yes, this cut is rated R, and I think if the old cut was rateed today it would be R also. Mainly because of some nudity. so if that does make you uncomfortable you may want to opt out. On the other hand I hope the film find a new audience this time around. I think it will gain some people a better appreciation of Lucas as a film maker.

8. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I think we should get together. I have never seen this flick, but would love to know what you guys are always talking about. At least Robert Duvall was younger, right? So the nudity can't be that bad.

9. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Actually, I've never seen THIS version either....I've actually only seen his student film version..which is cool...and short. We could watch both...

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Well, this DVD is less than a week away. I just paid fo rthe special two disc set over at Suncoast and can't wait. There is a real good review over at www.thedigitalbits.com

11. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    So what's the verdict on this? Are we gonna watch this as a group? If so, where and when?

12. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I am game. I am very interested in seeing this movie. I wish i could volunteer my place, but it is too small. sorry dudes

13. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I guess its just a matter of who wants to let us watch it at their place. I got my copy today and have been going through it.
    I have been really surprised at the new footage and the added special effects to this film. I think overall they help clarify a few things but I'm still in shock about changing the shell dwellers into bizarre mutant CG monkeya, but at the same time I thought it was kind of cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.