main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THX 1138 on the Big Screen in Boston

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Darth-Seldon, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Hello all,
    I'm down in Providence.
    Anyway as some of you know, the first visionary film of George Lucas is coming bac to the cinema this fall. THX 1138, with digital enhancements will be shown in select cities around the nation, and Boston is one of them.
    I'm not sure if I will drive up to see it, but I will be sure to get it on DVD.

-Seldon

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks for letting us know! I've never seen the movie, but it sounds like something fun to do in the fall. :)

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I just want to remind everyone this is not Star Wars. It's not an action film or a summer blockbuster. This movie is not for everyone, some people will find it boring.
    On the other hand, if you can get into it, it's an amazing piece of cinema.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Has anyone been to the THX 1138 website? It's pretty interesting to flip around on. I might have to check this movie out.

5. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I love the website. Definately gives you and idea of what you're in for.
    Any of you old timer RPG players remember Paranoia? It's kinda like that, but without the humor.

6. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Top of the day cycle to you!

7. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I have to say I was a little iffy when I heard GL was throwing in some new & improved Special Edition stuff.
    Having seen a few things here my fears have been put aside. The site takes some scenes from the new trailer and compares them to the original shots from the movie.
    I can't wait for this!

8. DarthDeadite

DarthDeadite Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    I've never seen the movie

In my best Christopher Lee voice "starwarschick, you dissapoint me." :p lol.

You might want to check out the original before GL makes SEN 5241 shoot first.

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    No showtimes have been posted yet but THX is scheduled to show at Lowe's on the Common starting this Friday.
    I'm planning on going Saturday.

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Update:
    Showtimes for Sat/Sun
    12:30 | 2:50 | 5:10 | 7:30 | 9:50 | 12:10

11. Vespaa1138

Vespaa1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2002
    I made the trek to Boston to see this today. First of all I LOVE the Loew's theater - very nice. The movie was great. I'd only seen it once or twice on TV and it makes a bigger impact on the big screen. (of course) A couple of things made me chuckle - its amazing how well it still holds up.

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Cool, glad you enjoyed it. Where are you from anyway? :)

Dex, did you make it to the theater this weekend to see it? If so, what did you think?

I might go see it soon, I guess it just depends on whether or not I can find anyone else interested in going with me. :p

13. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I would be interested in going to see it...

Looks interesting from the footage I saw at Dragoncon.

Justin Manning

14. Vespaa1138

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm from Maine. I didn't even bother to try to find someone to go with. My friends/family's eyes start to glaze over if I start to talk about Star Wars so I figured they really wouldn't be interested in this. I made it a totally "geek" day and visited the LOTR thing too.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Sounds like a fun day! If you're ever down this way again looking to do something "geeky" (or not) and want some company, let us know! I'm sure a few of us could easily meet up with you. Unless you think we're weird and scary. But I swear, we don't bite. :)

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep I did make it down. It's been years since the first time I saw it. Being a bit older now, I can really appreciate it more. I get more of the weird/dark humor now. It's still a very strange flick. You'll either love it or hate it.
    I have to say this is what a Special Edition should look like. There was only one part that didn't look right, but the rest of the added stuff was amazing. You wouldn't even know it wasn't supposed to be there.
    Also got one of the Opening Weekend promo posters :) It didn't seem like they had started handed them out yet, so they should still have them. Just tell them you've been to the movie and wanted a poster ;)

17. Vespaa1138

Jan 9, 2002
    I might just take you up on that someday starwarschick - Thanks!

Got a poster Dex - how cool! I never even would have thought to ask.

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I wouldn't have known eiher but they mentioned them on TOS. The ushers also have THX buttons but I couldn't convince them to give me one :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.