main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THX 1138 'R Rating'

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by NathanAlan, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NathanAlan

NathanAlan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2004
    From what I have gathered, the current DVD release is the director's cut, and therefore has been given an 'R rating'.

I'm pretty curious about this film having never seen it myself. Can anyone say exactly what has made this film have an R rating? I think there is supposed to be nudity in it. If so, how much and what amount are we talking? Just wondering before I buy it. Thanks!

-NA

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    There is definitely nudity, though I forget how much. You most certainly see LUH's breasts. There may be bare butts involved as well (forgot) whilst she and THX get romantic.

There is also a bit where THX watches a stripper on hologram.

In both these scenes the areas are clearly visible in sufficient light.

I don't think you see, ummm, reproductive areas on anyone, though.

Rick McCallum loves nudity!

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    There is a full frontal shot of LUH, but it's from quite a distance.

It should also be noted that THX operates a (not sure how to put this)...piece of machinery while he watches the hologram. Nothing explicit is shown, but the point is gotten across. (There was no machine in the original version; perhaps this does a better job of givinh the intended impression.)

Really, there isn't any real sex in this movie. There is, however, nudity that implies it. The sexual nature of the nutidy (and the things noted above) is what gets it the R rating, I would think.

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    The Nudity makes it R.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.