main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA THX 1138 ?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sci-Fi-Jen, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sci-Fi-Jen

Sci-Fi-Jen Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2004
    Hey everyone!
    I am trying to locate local sci-fi groups in Seattle that would be interested in receiving free passes to the advance screening of THX 1138 (info below).
    I?ve read through the threads and there doesn?t seem to be many so I could really use help in getting contact information for whatever is out there!
    If anyone has any ideas of how I can get tickets to people please feel free to share.
    I was also thinking if a large group regularly meets somewhere I could send tickets to one person who can distribute them at the screening. Thoughts on this?

Let me know!

On Sept. 10, Warner Bros. and Lucasfilm Ltd. will release the fully restored director?s cut of George Lucas?s first film, THX 1138. For a limited time, it can be experienced in theaters as it was originally intended, and will be playing in Seattle at the Cinerama Theatre very soon!

THX 1138 was made in 1971, a time of extraordinary innovation, creativity and experimentation in American film. It was the debut not only of George Lucas, but also of American Zoetrope, the revolutionary independent studio founded by filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.

THX 1138 is a revelation ? it shows what is possible by a cinema-school graduate making a feature film on a low budget. An expansion of George?s award-winning student film THX 1138 4EB, it was made by artists who did not feel constrained by convention ? who wanted only to make a thought-provoking film that would be visually and aurally rich and rewarding.

From its unusual non-linear story structure to its sometimes shocking use of light, sound, color and camera techniques, THX 1138 showcases remarkable technique that we think you will find both compelling and insightful.

The newly restored THX 1138 will also be released on DVD on Sept. 14.

Everyone at Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Bros. are excited that this remarkable movie has a new chance to be seen and discovered, and hope you enjoy it.

2. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    I'd be interested, and I know my husband would be too. I'd bet a few more people would be too, I can ask around at a few other places. Seattle FF doesn't have regular gatherings, but a lot of Seattle fans/people keep in pretty regular contact, so getting tickets to people shouldn't be that hard.

What day is the screening? Is it on Sept. 10th, or is that the release date and it's actually before the 10th?

Sonent

3. Sci-Fi-Jen

Aug 11, 2004
    That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. I noticed that there were meetings that were pretty informal. I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks someone will take charge of getting people together for this event.

Then I can send that person X amount of tickets and they can be in charge of distributing them.

The seats at advance screenings are never guaranteed but I know fans have no problem showing up early for things like this :)

For now I will set aside 20 tickets (each good for two people) and whoever responds first will be able to go.

We'll see how this works

4. Sci-Fi-Jen

Aug 11, 2004
    anyone else interested?

5. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    I had one other person express interest to me, and a few 'maybe's.

Are you just wanting to distribute tickets to whomever, or do you want them to go to SF fans in particular? Because I know of one more group I could mention this to, and probably get a lot of interest, but they're not a SF group specifically.

Sonnet

6. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    So, are the tickets for Sept 10?

No sense accepting tickets if I won't be around. I've got vacation AND a work trip scheduled in September.

All the Cinerama site says is "coming in Sept"

7. Sci-Fi-Jen

Aug 11, 2004
    SF fans would be great but if there is another group that would be cool as well. Just let me know where and how many tickets to send.

The screening is on the 2nd.

8. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    OK, so the 2nd is a weekday. Most of us will be at work during the day. Is the screening in the evening? If not, we'd need advance notice to arrange for the day off. The more details the better in order to determine whether anyone can actually attend this.

9. ArtooMetoo

ArtooMetoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2001
    I'm interested in attending this screening. Any news on what time of day it will be?

10. josheee

josheee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    I'd like to check this out.

I could probably use 2 pairs of tickets. Maybe more, but 4 tickets for sure. I also know "Sonnet" and her husband, so I could pick them up from them if you wanted to give mine to her as part of a bigger distribution.

The only thing keeping me from getting a few more big Sci-fi fans involved is the lack of details. They want to know where and when before they'll commit.

But I'm down as long as it's not during the workday. :)

11. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    I've had a fair number of people on other boards tell me that they're interested in this showing.

I'm willing to be the center point for distributing the passes, if you're still looking for someone. Do you need to mail them to me? I can PM you my address.

Let me know how you want to work it out.

Sonnet

12. Sci-Fi-Jen

Aug 11, 2004
    The screening will be at 7pm so everyone can plan for that.

LadySonnet: I'm new to this so PM = personal message? I will send the number of tickets requested to whatever address is provided. Let me know whose attention I need to make it out to as well.

FYI as soon as I send the tickets they can be distributed to those who have asked for them.

Hope everyone has fun!

13. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    Sci-Fi-Jen, PM does indeed = Private Message. There should be a little indicator right by your name in the bar above the thread.

I've sent you my address for the passes, along with how many I think I need. Let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

BTW to eveyone else, I'm planning on distributing the tickets right at the theater, unless you want to meet me somewhere beforehand. I'll get there a few hours early or something, and I'll let you all know how to find me. Does that sound good to everyone?

Thanks!

Sonnet

14. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    I have the passes in hand! Plus nifty temporary tattoos too!

Right now, I'm still going with the "showing up early and distributing passes at the theater" plan, but let me know if you need the tickets earlier than that. artoometoo, I've PM'ed you about that.

See you Thursday! I'll let you know what/who to look for later this week.

Sonnet

15. LadySonnet

Apr 15, 2003
    Okay! The showing is tonight, and here's the plan:

I'm aiming to get to the Cinerama at about 5pm. I'll be there with my list, so just let me know your name/username, and I'll give you the passes. So you can recognize me, today I'm wearing black jeans with a black tee with Zero (from NMBC) on it. I'll try to stand somewhere near the East side door of the theater (where lines usually start).

See you all tonight! Remember! The pass is good for two people, but the pass does not guarantee you a seat! Get there early!

Sonnet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.