Oregon THX 1138 ?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sci-Fi-Jen, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sci-Fi-Jen Jedi Padawan

Hey everyone! I am trying to locate local sci-fi groups in Portland that would be interested in receiving free passes to the advance screening of THX 1138 (info below). I?ve read through the threads and there doesn?t seem to be many so I could really use help in getting contact information for whatever is out there!
    If anyone has any ideas of how I can get tickets to people please feel free to share.
    I was also thinking if a large group regularly meets somewhere I could send tickets to one person who can distribute them at the screening. Thoughts on this?

Let me know!

On Sept. 10, Warner Bros. and Lucasfilm Ltd. will release the fully restored director?s cut of George Lucas?s first film, THX 1138. For a limited time, it can be experienced in theaters as it was originally intended, and will be playing in Portland at the Lloyd Center very soon!

THX 1138 was made in 1971, a time of extraordinary innovation, creativity and experimentation in American film. It was the debut not only of George Lucas, but also of American Zoetrope, the revolutionary independent studio founded by filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.

THX 1138 is a revelation ? it shows what is possible by a cinema-school graduate making a feature film on a low budget. An expansion of George?s award-winning student film THX 1138 4EB, it was made by artists who did not feel constrained by convention ? who wanted only to make a thought-provoking film that would be visually and aurally rich and rewarding.

From its unusual non-linear story structure to its sometimes shocking use of light, sound, color and camera techniques, THX 1138 showcases remarkable technique that we think you will find both compelling and insightful.

The newly restored THX 1138 will also be released on DVD on Sept. 14.

Everyone at Lucasfilm Ltd. and Warner Bros. are excited that this remarkable movie has a new chance to be seen and discovered, and hope you enjoy it.

2. Sci-Fi-Jen Jedi Padawan

I am going to have to assume that no one is interested in attending the screening...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.