main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon THX Theatres in Oregon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by loganslay, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Ok... now I know I probably will get insulted for not knowing this, but I was wondering which Theatres are THX theatres... I know I can look it up, but then again I'm here and don't wanna have to search :)

2. stormydude

stormydude Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that Regal does not have THX. I think it has something to do with almost being a Monopoly and can screw the customers. Who knows, maybe Lucas made them reinstall it for StarWars.

The only ones I know about in Portland Metro area are Cornelius and Eastport.

3. oregonjedi

oregonjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2002
    I can explain a little about the THX situation in portland... In order to put the THX logo on your theater, you have to pay each year to have your theater certified by lucasfilm THX dept. Many of the theaters in oregon were built under THX standards, and certified for many years. The thing with regal isnt so much that the theater conditions have changed at all, regal has pretty strict standards, the difference is simply that Regal is no longer paying for that THX logo every year.
    -B

4. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Well sucky... why do we have to pay 8 bux to see a movie that's not even THX... crappy ass Regal... what's the closest theatre to portland with THX then?

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Despite what you may hear, there are NO REGAL THX theatres in Oregon. Some people think that some of their theatres remain THX. They do not. Regal let all of ActIII's THX certifications expire years ago.

According to thx.com, these are it for Oregon:

Century Eastport 16
    4040 SE 82nd Avenue
    Portland, OR 97266
    THX Screen(s): 1-16

Cornelius 9
    200 North 26th
    Cornelius, OR 97113
    THX Screen(s): 4-6

Cannes Cinema Center
    1026 12th Avenue
    Seaside, OR 97138
    THX Screen(s): 1

6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The thing with regal isnt so much that the theater conditions have changed at all, regal has pretty strict standards

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Strict? Oh please. They sound like CRAP now. Evergreen Parkway's main auditorium has been missing a sub amp for over a YEAR NOW! There's no bass at all and that is certain to be where at least ONE print of AOTC is.

I saw LOTR 5 times. 4 times at 4 different Regal locations. First time, the surrounds were non existant. Second time, the right front speaker was WAY too loud and bright. Third time was NO bass. Fourth time was THX at Century 16 and guess what? It sounded amazing.

So no Regal does not have strict standards.

7. Currald

Currald Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2002
    Wow. I had no idea Regal was so bad. I'm glad I'm going to Century 16 this Thursday!

8. loganslay

loganslay Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    well I guess I'm gonna hafta go else where on thursday...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.