main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ticket Prices - Questions and Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DarthNightfire, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    well, I've thusfar lost my 80 dollar deposit on a hotel becuase they changed venues, and I haven't been able to get the site to load in about four days. can anyone else get into the site? I'm getting a forbidden error.

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think the website is having server issues, I'll contact them, so don't panic.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I just tried the site and got the 'forbidden' error as well. Maybe they are all off til the New year and the server hiccupped.

4. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm gonna cry soon! I want my tickets!!!

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Trust me, they won't run out any time soon ;)

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The website is back up.

7. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah I met him at West Quay in 2005 and he signed a photo, it was £20 (if I remember rightly)

8. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Got my three-day ticket on sunday.

I am now officially going!!

9. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    POay for an autograph?:eek:
    I only was on the Jedi-Con '94, but I did not have to pay anything.. I got Anthony Daniels and Dave Prowse.
    Mr. Prowse was actually selling his own pics and signing. So I got several.[face_blush]

I don't think there are many people for whose autograph i would pay.

Mr. Zahn coming, by chance?[face_batting]

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hey guys do you know if there will be possibility to get tickets for Celebration Europe at the Convention Center?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Accrding to the website they will be selling them on the day. However, the price is higher and I am sure the line will be long. Here's a price comparison:

Advance Bookings

3 Day Adult £53.50

3 Day Child* £27.00

1 Day Adult £21.75

1 Day Child* £11.25

At the Venue (On Site Purchases)

3 Day Adult £59.00

3 Day Child* £32.00

1 Day Adult £27.00

1 Day Child* £17.00

I ordered my tickets last night on the website.

12. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Ah good. Due to uncertain timetable of my exams this summer I'm unable to buy tickets earlier. It might be a last minute trip to London for me ;)

13. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    Ordered my tickets on Friday night. £49.99 off Play.Com, cheaper than on the CE website and I get to jump the queue on the day.
    Anyone else getting theirs off Play.Com?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got mine from the CE website. That way there is no 3rd party involved. Less chance of problems that way.

15. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    I don't think there will be any problems. All we have to do is take the proof of order reference and pick the tickets up at the event.

16. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I didn't even know that you can get tickets from another party. But I have to agree with LAJ. It sounds weird to buy cheaper tickets from a third party.

:)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The confirmation mail I got from the CE website said the tickets would be mailed prior to the event so no pickup needed.

18. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Here is more info on the play.com tickets:
    ? You will receive a unique order reference number, this needs to be printed off and taken to Excel on the day of the convention to collect your badge
    ? Photo identification will be required
    ? You can jump the queue to the play.com dedicated booth and collect your exclusive play.com ticket

So not only cheaper tickets but seems they will also differ from the other/regular ones, most likely by design.
    Here's the weblink:
    Play.com CE tickets

19. ryanb

ryanb Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2007
    Butt Edit: No spamvertising.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that's the History Channel in the US. We have that channel on satellite/cable here in the UK and the listing for May 20 has no sign of the show.

21. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I am certain to be able to attend on the Saturday and Sunday, but not the Friday... that depends upon work commitments. I'm not all that concerned about paying a few extra pounds for a day I may not use (two single days passes, plus delivery, would cost me £48.35 - and the 3-day pass, plus delivery, is £58.35) because I might be able to use it and that's a worthwhile risk. However, if I turn up on the Saturday morning with a 3-day pass that *wasn't* used on the Friday, will there be a problem? Do they expect you to use a 3-day pass on all three days?
    EDIT: Reason I ask is because I selected to book a 3-day pass on the CE website, and it said that I had chosen to visit on Friday, 13th July - when I might not attend on that day at all.
    Any chance someone could allay this concern?

I want to order in advance, because I don't want to queue.

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Oh, Everton... [face_love] Hearing your voice clip in JCC makes me want quite badly for you to come all three days. :p That wasn't a problem at C4 and I'm not sure if anyone will even check to see which days the badge has been used, but you can always call to ask.

Also, was the play.com ticket slightly cheaper than the one on the CE site? Rats. I already preordered my badge on the official site, but I wonder if it's possible to cancel that one and save a few pounds. They'll probably charge me some fee even if it is possible, though.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I know it's still a bit early, but has anyone gotten their tickets yet, or do we know when the main site will start sending them out? There's a 24-hour postal strike here this Friday with rumors of others to follow if the union & management don't settle things. I know my order receipt said to call if tickets hadn't been received by 5 days before the event.

24. VenHalcyon

VenHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2005
    I know for a fact that not all posties are striking on Friday - becuase my lodger is one, :D

That said the postal service is bound to be screwed for the day as a whole except a few routes.

The site said that postings were supposed to start going out in May...

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Quick question about buying tickets. Should I buy a ticket now or should I leave it until it starts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.