main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ticket Prices - Questions and Discussions

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Conventions Europe' started by DarthNightfire, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I bought one in advance so I don't have to queue.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    They are a few pounds cheaper if you buy in advance - and, as Everton said, you don't have to queue.

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    You might have to queue in order to get the fanclub member laynard mind, and queue to get in anyway. Either way, there'll be queues I'm sure of it.

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I thought the lanyard for fanclub/hyperspace members came in the post, and when you first enter you're handed the fanclub/hyperspace identification. So perhaps, there's be one queue.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  6. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I bought mine off Play.com(uk) Saves a little bit of money but every time I've looked the dispatch date for the info I need to collect my ticket is seems to be getting later and later, which is a bit worrying [face_thinking]

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You'll need to collect them from the play.com booth on the day.

8. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I know, was just saying i hope my confirmation email gets sent soon. They seem to be cutting it kinda fine is all :)

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh, right, my bad.

10. Marani

Marani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm getting crazy.

My boyfriends mom bought me a 3-days ticket as a birthday present and becaus I don't have a kreditcard.

And today she told me "tickets will only be issued to the card holder, on production of the card used to place the order." -Great- wasted 56£ and I don't have a ticket anymore...

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What did she do - order the tickets and arrange to get them picked up at ExCel? Do you know if she ordered them from the CE Europe website or was it elsewhere?

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Marani, we had the same problem and so I called the hotline of the ticket service. They told us that all we need is a paper on which your boyfriends' mother states that she ordered the tickets for you (both of your names must be written on the paper). The last four digits of the credit card should be on the paper as well as the date, place and signature of his mother. :)

If you have any concerns, I suggest to call the hotline. They help you really well. :)

Edit: Added the "place"

Edit2: I also suggest to take with you your identity card to the CE and add the reference number to the paper. :)

13. Marani

Marani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2007
    thanks a lot for your post, I'm going to call them

edit: called them. was quiet an adventure to find the correct prefix number... first I got the local philarmonic orchestra, later a guy from Danmark, ...

They finally told me to meet my boyfriends mom again and to let her write down the card number [better make a copy of the card], the reference number and let her explain everything on a piece of paper.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Does anyone know when the tickets will be coming? It's about a week and a bit til the show. I ordered throught the CE site and looked up my order on the tracker this morning. It still says 'waiting for the tickets to come into stock'. Can anyone 'in the know' ask the question?

15. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    "Tickets will be despatched as soon as possible, but may not be received until 5-7 days before the event. Please do not contact us until 5 days before the event if you have not received your tickets."

Mine still says on order too, but I tell you, if I don't have them Monday, I'm going to be ringing them all day.

Unless of course someone beats me to it and posts what's happening. ;)

16. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    I checked this morning too and it said "waiting for the tickets to come into stock" for me too, hope the come soon [face_worried]

17. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I rang them just a little bit ago. They said my tickets will be sent out within the next 72 hours. They will have to be signed for. My main worry is that I head to London on Wednesday morning next week. Hmmmm.

Not two weeks before is it?

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I knew about them having to be signed for so that's not a problem. But, like RedGold, if I don't have them by Monday I will be phoning as well.

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm not too worried. They have the details on the database, so incase something does go wrong, just remember to bring with you the e-mail confirming the order, the card used to pay with (or a signed letter from the cardholder if it's not yours) and photo ID. In the past I've been to shows that haven't issued tickets and it can be delt with. Plus I think we need to bring ID for the Membership stuff anyway.

20. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier but are Hyperspace lanyards given out at the show or will they be delivered? The reason I am asking is that I wasn't asked if I was a Hyperspace member when I booked by phone!

21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That's what Flo and I are going to do, because IIRC they can't/won't send the tickets to another country, so we have to wait until we are at the CE on Friday to get our tickets. ;)

*looks forward to this moment*

22. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    FYI! Just seen this. There IS a difference in pre-booking price and buying on the day!

Advance Bookings:
    3 Day Adult - £53.50
    3 Day Child* - £27.00
    1 Day Adult - £21.75
    1 Day Child* - £11.25

At the Venue (On Site Purchases):
    3 Day Adult - £59.00
    3 Day Child* - £32.00
    1 Day Adult - £27.00
    1 Day Child* - £17.00

Tho pre-booking incurred a service/admin charge too. So it's not so different than the £59 on the door price.

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think we'll have to collect the Fanclub/Hyperspace laynard at the show, so bring some photo ID and any form of e-mail confirmation showing that you're a member (or your membership card if you're a member of the UK OSWFC).

24. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Thanks Matt! :)

25. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm basing my info on what's been said elsewhere and past expierence, so please don't take it as gospel ;)

Hopefully things wont get to complicated though [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.