main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Tickets are on sale, just got mine, please post if you have yours.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Vadersnoghri, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I don't know why these people working at the theaters are having a problem figuring out the 12:01 showing.

Anytime you look or call for movie listings for a certain day, the late shows always say A.M., common sense would dictate that the midnite show is on the 15th.

Anyhow, I'll be getting my tickets tonite when i catch the latenite Spiderman.

2. WJGlory

WJGlory Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    My friend got mine for me. Its at the 12:01 showing at Gulf Point 30. My brother wants me to get tickets too, but he needs to let me know what date and what time. He's coming in from Missouri.

3. Vano

Vano Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    Hi, everyone!

I got two tickets to the midnight show to AMC Studio 30 (Dunvale) over the phone. Actually, I placed my order on Movietickets.com but it didn't go through. I guess, the server was jammed will people buying SW tickets.

I must admit, I didn't feel like going to the theater and standing in line (you do realize how ungodly hot it is already?), so I stayed up until 3 a.m. waiting for Movietickets to let me order tickets. But noooo... aparently they fixed things sometime afternoon :(

As far as I know, AMC Meyer Park 16 will also offer tickets (that's what Movietickets.com showed). The theater is actually across the street from me, but most of you are probably aware of how bad it is. I couldn't bring myself to watch SW there...

Whomever is coming to Dunvale, let's get together and have a tailgate (I wonder if Wal-Mart next to the theater will be still open...).

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Got tickets for 12:01 at AMC 30 on Dunvale! :D
    It was the closest theater to me that was having a midnight show.

5. Vadersnoghri

Vadersnoghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Well it looks like it is all coming together. I am so glad that at least we will be getting together. It looks like as of now there will be three places that we will line up for the midnight showing. Southeast- Gulf Pointe 30
    West- Dunvale
    North- Unknown (because of all the confusion with the other theater chains)

This rocks.

6. T-Willy

T-Willy Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2002
    The AMC Willowbrook 24 has a midnight screening as well. Got mine!!!

About the 15th confusion. The same thing happened with TPM 3 years ago. I asked the manager about why the date thing was all screwed up. It has to do with work and staffing shifts. Because the people working the midnight movie are working the previous night's shift. Somebody has to set the reel and sweep the theatre, etc.

The computer books time slots and gives each movie about a 30 minute lead time to make sure all the setup is completed. That's why is logged in on the 15th.

Just thought you should know.

7. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    I GOT MINE!!!!!!!!

It was really funny, I called Tinsletown (@ The Woodlands) and asked them if they knew when Star Wars tickets were going on sale and the lady said "well, actually, they are on sale right now!"

I immediately started freaking out and hung up and grabbed my six year old sister (who I was babysitting for) and we flew to Tinsletown! It was GREAT!!!!!!

Oh, they don't have a midnight showing, they have a 12:15 showing... how odd is that?

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I saw TPM at the Katy Cinemark, and they had a 12:05 showing and a 12:30 showing. Why they couldn't have both at the same time...I know not.

Yay Jaina! I'm glad you got your tickets!

9. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Thanks Queenie!!! I'm soooo excited!

10. silentchewbacca

silentchewbacca Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    Hi!
    I'm very new to the board but I got my tickets for Studio 30 for the 12:01 showing on May 15th. Plus the 11:45am, 3:15 and 6pm showings. I think that Vano had a really cool idea about tailgating. I'm not sure about Wal Mart staying open late. We went in one night and they were closing at midnight. And it wasn't inventory. But there is the KMart across the street in case we need anymore Jedi goodies.

Is anyone going to Studio 30 for the first two showings going to dress up? I hope to meet everyone and talk Star Wars.

11. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'll be at Dunvale with you guys. WalMart should be open 24 hours, if they were closed its prolly cuz they're remodeling. I hope most of you guys will be at the meeting on the 11th so we can talk about going as a group to our respective theaters.

12. JonCrites

JonCrites Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2001
    I ordered 4 tickets for me and some friends from church last night. We are going to the 12:01 show at Gulf Pointe 30. How early should we be there to get in line? 2hours? 3 or 4?

13. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Hmm...Jon, I'm not sure. There will be others of us at Gulf Pointe, as well. My intention is to arrive sometime in the afternoon. I'm really basing my arrival on necessity. If I see that a line is beginning to form before I had intended to line up, I will go a little earlier. Sure, come on out a few hours early. We'll have board games and such to keep us entertained. :)

14. PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm sure if you show up about 2 hours early you should be fine, but we're going to start lining up maybe as early as 4pm, so feel free to come and join us early as you like.

15. Elf

Elf Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 21, 1998
    BabyPadme That's OK. I'll see you guys at the opening...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.