main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary TICKETS AT THE SENATOR!!!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheBeatlesForce, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBeatlesForce

TheBeatlesForce Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Reading over the paper as I do every morning, I came across something about ATOTC in the Today section in the movie part. The Senator's ad mentioned something about ATOTC and said to check out their website. Well, I just did and here's what it said:

COMING SOON!
    "STAR WARS - EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SENATOR THEATRE EXPECTS TO BE AWARDED THE PRIVILEGE OF SHOWCASING THE NEW STAR WARS FILM "EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES", PENDING COMPLETION OF A FORMAL LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH THE FILM'S DISTRIBUTOR. THE DAY WE EXPECT TO COMPLETE THE LICENSING AGREEMENT FOR "EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES" IS FRIDAY, MAY 3RD.

WE CANNOT BEGIN ADVANCE TICKET SALES FOR "EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES" PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE FORMAL AGREEMENT. AT THIS TIME WE ARE DETERMINING THE OPTIMAL DATE AND SPECIFIC GUIDELINES REGARDING ADVANCE SALES OF STAR WARS TICKETS.

TO DATE WE HAVE RECEIVED HUNDREDS OF E-MAILS, CALLS AND FAXES FROM AVID STAR WARS/SENATOR THEATRE FANS REGARDING THIS UPCOMING SHOWCASE ENGAGEMENT OF "EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES" AT THE SENATOR.

AS STARS WARS FANS OURSELVES, WE APPRECIATE THE INTENSE INTEREST AND ENTHUSIASM CURRENTLY BUILDING AS THE 5/16 RELEASE DATE APPROACHES. BY POSTING UPDATED INFORMATION ON OUR WEBSITE AND SENDING E-MAILS DIRECTLY TO OUR LIST MEMBERS WE WILL ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE ACCURATE INFORMATION TO ALL CONCERNED.

IN THE INTERIM, WE WILL RESPOND IN A TIMELY MANNER TO QUESTIONS RECEIVED BY WAY OF Comments@Senator.com . WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PROVIDE FEEDBACK DIRECTLY TO US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS. WE ALSO WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO RECEIVE ANY MEMORIES DREAMS OR REFLECTIONS YOU WISH TO SHARE WITH OTHER SENATOR AND STAR WARS FANS ABOUT YOUR PAST SENATOR AND/OR STAR WARS EXPERIENCES.

WE WILL INFORM YOU AS SOON AND IN ADVANCE AS POSIBBLE WHEN WE DETERMINE THE DATE AND TIME THAT TICKETS WILL BE PUT ON SALE.

WE CURRENTLY PLAN TO PRESENT "EPISODE II" UTILIZING A HIGH QUALITY SELECT 35MM VISION PREMIERE FILM PRINT UTILIZING OUR STATE-OF-THE-ART PROJECTION SYSTEM ACCOMPANIED BY THE SENATOR'S RENOWNED DOLBY DIGITAL SOUND WITH "SURROUND EX". WE WILL ALSO INSTALL A NEW 40' HURLEY "SUPER GLO" SCREEN AND CUTTING EDGE NEW LENSES TO PRESENT "EPISODE II". AS ALWAYS WE PLAN TO SEEK FILM PRESENTAION PERFECTION IN SHOWCASING THE LATEST MARVEL FROM LUCASFILM LTD.

ALL TICKETS TO STAR WARS AT THE SENATOR WILL BE $8 EACH FOR ALL SHOWS, AT ALL TIMES, CASH ONLY. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS, TRAVELERS CHECKS OR CREDIT CARDS AT OUR BOX-OFFICE.

AS AN INDEPENDENT SINGLE SCREEN MOVIEHOUSE WE ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE ANY TICKET RESERVATIONS OVER THE TELEPHONE OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT THIS JUNCTURE. WE SINCERELY REGRET ANY INCONVENIENCE TO OUR PATRONS IN THAT REGARD.

WE PLAN TO OFFER THE FIRST PUBLIC PERFORMANCE OF "EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES" AT 12:01AM THURSDAY MAY 16TH AND PROCEED WITH BACK-TO-BACK SHOWS THROUGH THE EARLY MORNING HOURS ON 5/16.

OUR REGULAR FIVE SHOW DAILY SCHEDULE FOR EPISODE II WILL THEN BEGIN FRIDAY MAY 17TH. THE SPECIFIC SHOWTIME SCHEDULE WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE SITE AND TO OUR E-MAIL LIST AS SOON AS IT IS AVAILABLE.

WE ALSO DO NOT PLAN ON SPECIFYING OR ENFORCING ANY PARTICULAR PROTOCOL WITH REGARDS TO THOSE WHO WILL BE FORMING A LINE TO PURCHASE STAR WARS TICKETS.

WE APPRECIATE THE SINCERITY OF THE SCORES OF CONTRADICTORY SUGGESTIONS WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED REGARDING THIS ISSUE, AND THEY HAVE SIGNALED TO US THAT OUR DIRECT INVOLVEMENT IN ADMINISTRATING A SPECIFIC PROTOCOL WOULD BE AN UNWARRANTED AND UNWISE ENDEAVOR.

THE SENATOR MANAGEMENT FEELS STRONGLY THAT THE OPTIMAL PROTOCOL TO ACHIEVE THE MOST FAIR AND ORGANIZED PROCESS IS BEST DETERMINED BY THOSE WHO ASSEMBLE AND FORMULATE A COLLECTIVE GRASS ROOTS, PARTICIPANT-DETERMINED PROCEDURE.

PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER TRANSMISSIONS FROM THE SENATOR THEATRE, YOUR REBEL BASE.

Interesting stuff. I'm gonna be at school but I'll be sure that my dad is there

2. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    I have the box reserved during the day on the 16th, if they aren't showing it during the day I'm going to be severely pissed off.

3. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    They will be showing it all day long on the 16th.

4. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    On sale May 4th at 10am. Check website. Om way there now. Cya in line.

5. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I was there. I actually didn't do the overnight thing - way too cold!

I arrived at 6:30 and waited just 3-1/2 hrs for the box office to open. When I got to the box office, there were still "more 12:01 tix available than you're allowed to buy."

I was getting tix for 11:00 pm later that day anyway (the people I'm going with can't make it to the 12:01 show).

I didn't go to the TPM ticket line, but I heard it was two (or more) times as long as the one for AOTC.

6. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello, I just found out you guys existed after going to Celebration II (imagine that, traveling all the way to Indy to find out about Marylanders)
    Anyhoo, I got my tix for the 12:01 at the Senator. I'm *hoping* they will have the spiffy t-shirts like for PM.

So - can I wear my C2 t-shirt to the movie or is that like wearing the concert t-shirt to the concert??

I'm so excited.
    and I just can't hide it :)

toodle pip
    Sam

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome to the forum orangerful. I think it's alright to wear your C2 shirt. Wear it with pride!

8. Ara-Gorn_Sirrah

Ara-Gorn_Sirrah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I have a feeling that the Senator shirts (if they do get them) will probably look like the image on their homepage... Not a bad design, but I think it would be more appropriate for Ep III.

I bought the one for TPM (mainly as a show of support for the theater), but I'll probably pass this time 'round. I'd offered my services (for designing an Ep II shirt) & sent a quick & dirty mock up (bottom of page) for my first idea. They basically blew me off. [face_plain]

BUT, That's okay! I'll save the $ to spend it on a MD FanForce shirt or ballcap (I *really* like the ballcap design)! :) AND you can wear it with ANY t-shirt! :D

9. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    Hi
    If anyone is interested I have "one" Ticket to the Senator's Show 1 12:01 viewing. The person I got it for can't make it.

For More info email me @ crhine@crhine.com

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Ara_Gorn, I'm glad you like my design, thanks. :)

11. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    The one ticket now has an owner
    thanks
    Takwolf

12. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Welcome to the forum Takwolf.

13. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    I was there sitting under the AllFirst bank sign from about 11:45pm to 10:30 am. I remember dueling with someone with a Dooku lightsaber, and playing SW tiv pursuit with with others, then drumming at 3am, but the rest was a blur thanks to my new friends Chris and John, who supplied some "warmth" for me! I wish I could see those guys again, but I didn't get any contact info. Are you here Chris with the barely open red eyes or John with the Superman shirt and the Alaskan Husky?! Or the other guy who was reading the trivia questions early that morning?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.