main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061025.html

On Monday, October 30, Star Wars fans officially can get their plans underway to attend Celebration IV, scheduled for Memorial Day weekend, May 24-28, 2007. Tickets for the huge fan festival at the Los Angeles Convention Center are scheduled to go on sale at approximately 12 noon PST.

Good luck everyone, it was kind of a mess in 04. Here's the link to our experiences last time around with that:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/17050496/p1

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Yay, that's what I said!

$110 for the four day badge, not too bad.

3. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    [TPM anakin] YIPEE! [/TPM anakin]

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Finally. [face_dancing]

5. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    what is this registration about?

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Make sure you're registered on the GenCon site. Normal website registration. Be sure to get it done before Monday!

7. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    god i never thought i would want a monday to get here fast enough

8. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Time for me to re join hyperspace then

9. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Lol V I suppose you was waiting for the announcement then :p
    Make sure you watch the rancho obi wan episodes on hyperspace :D

$110 sounds pretty good
    What I want to know is why they have not said about the whole sign up to hyperspace thing to get in the convention for a
    extra day. Well whats different about now is theres no website still for C4 which I would have thought would contain the information about purchasing badges but it seems they may end up doing it through starwars.com which they can be cheeky and make all the information for hyperspace members only :p

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Yes! All ready here :D

Though now I've got to work out what time that is in the UK. Normally it would be 8pm, but we have that stupid clock adjustment on Sunday this week, just before they go on sale. Aargh!

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Do you really need to register for Gen-Con, since it seems as if the tickets will go on sale on sw.com, if you follow the link on that newspage.

Well, well time to renew HS again.

12. Daniel0605

Daniel0605 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2006
    Yay! I have a feeling there will be more anouncments about Celebration IV very soon! The first announcement about Celebration 3 happened 11 days after the first register day.

11 more days to wait!

13. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    Wooooohooooooooo!!!!! I'm taking the day OFF from work on Nov. 2nd. I already have a list of the top 20 hotels that I'm considering staying, rated from:

*LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION (Proximity to bus stops & subway lines, distance to LACC + neighborhood atmosphere)*
    *TRIPADVISOR RATING/COMMENTS*
    *DAILY PARKING SITUATION & RATES*
    *DAILY RATES*

I hope this extra research pays off come hotel reservation time [face_hypnotized]

Wooooooohoooooooooo!!!

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that's part of the deal, Obi Anne. At least that has definitely been the pattern in the past, you have to be a registered member of GenCon to register for C-IV. Anyway, I wouldn't take the chance LOL. Don't worry, if you opt out of their mailings you'll never hear a word from them on any other subject.

15. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I have done my research already sort of :D
    All I need to work out is the underground link and then I am well away I mean if I know the london underground off the back of my hand I am sure the transport links around LA is pretty easy.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    They are; there are only a couple of subway lines to worry about, and always people around to ask.

17. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Sounds awesome! Although, I'm bad with time conversions so if anyone can figure out what time that is for the East Coast, I'll be ready! :)

I hope I can get in and get the stuff, because seems like from C3, it was a pain in the ***.

18. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    That would be 3:00PM EST for us East Coasters.

19. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    What is all this pre-registration about? I see no link to "pre" register. I've signed up for email updates, but that's it. What's the big deal about "pre" registering?

20. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    I dont know about this registering and sending hotel codes 3 days later. Seems a bit sketchy to me. And when they say "STARTING" Nov 2nd, what the heck does that mean? Does that mean 12am past, so 3sm est? Do I have to wake up at 3am on thur to keep checking for my hotel code in email and then check it all day til I get one? Will I even get one on the second or will it take longer? Will there be any hotels left by then?

They seem to be a bit vague.

And here the prereg site for gencon. You have to have an account to register for gencon events and by already having one it might make the registration go smoother on 10/30.

http://registration.gencon.com/socal/register.cgi

-Larame Kaine

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    No idea, larame_kaine. That's different from last time. Maybe they think their servers will be less overwhelmed if they seperate ticket sales from hotel reservations. Perhaps I should assume that when people make their convention reservations, there will be a note of the time frame that GenCon intends to use for the hotel reservation emails.

22. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Allllllllllllllllllrighty then!

23. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    IO'm glad they clarified how The Fan Club day works for friends and Family. That is a releif.

24. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    OH MY GOSH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!YAY YAY YAY!!!

:)

25. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    ALLLLRRRRIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday afternoon at 3pm EST (12pm PST) my PC and I have a very important date!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.