main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TICKETS ON SALE NOW

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TK--421, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Hey guys, I shot Adrian an e-mail yesterday concerning what to do if you are trying to obtain media credentials like I am and whether you should get tickets now and he gave a really good response that I'm going to go ahead and repost here.

Here was my initial e-mail:

Hi Mr. Swartout,

Our media organization Radford On Camera is planning on sending 2 people to cover Celebration 4 for our on air news program, NRV News. We plan to be there to cover the event the best we can regardless if we are granted credentials or not, but media credentials would allow us to create a better news story since we'd be able to use clips of the big important events. My question is should we register our two people for badges now and wait to see if they are upgraded to credential status or do we need to wait until April to see if we've been granted credentials before making a badge purchase, if a purchase is required at all? Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,
    Ian E. Snell
    Supervising Producer
    Radford On Camera

His Response:

Hello Ian,

It is unlikely that we will sell out the event, so you could wait and
    see if you receive credentials and if not you could purchase your badges
    at the show.

However, if you are concerned about booking a hotel in the Celebration
    block, then I recommend you purchase badges now, and request a refund if
    you receive media passes.

I do not have a media credential application or signed guidelines form
    on file for you as of yet. Have you faxed this in or were you waiting
    for a response to your question?

Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist you with
    anything else.

Thank you,

Back to me:

The only thing I didn't have answered were whether the media badges would be free or if we'd still have to pay full admission price for them. My hotel and flight is already set so I don't really have to worry about that but it's something to think about for those who want hotels in the celebration block who plan on applying for credentials.

2. NEMES1S

NEMES1S Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    I was in the middle of registration and ready to buy a 4-day badge when I noticed that it said for C4 May 25th - 28th. Im a Hyperspace member, so how do I get to go on the 24th as well? I double-checked the registration form again, and it doesn't ask for my Hyperspace access code... help me[face_praying]

3. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Nems, on the registration page it asks "are you a member of the star wars fan club?" Click yes and they will, at the time they mail your stuff, check your fan club status and you will be fine.

4. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that then.:D

One more thing, I also registered my wife to attend C4 with me but she is NOT a Hyperspace member... if on the registration form I 'click' her as not a SW member, is it assumed that she'll be getting a 'Friends & Family' pass when the badges are mailed to our home?

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Technically, since you are the member, it is you who will get the friends and family passes. You can give your wife one of the passes if you choose. :p That will get her into the extra day.

6. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    remember that you and your wife have to buy a 4 day pass for her to use the coupon.

7. Gen_Con

Gen_Con Celebration IV organizer VIP

Oct 31, 2006
    That's a great idea - Thank you for the suggestion... I will try and set this up tonigt if I have time!

:)

Adrian

8. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    Now that me (and my wife) are officially registered at C4 and are awaiting for our 4-day badges to be mailed, do we still have to register at GenCon?

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If you made a reservation for C-IV through GenCon, you must be registered with them. I didn't think you could get in any way else.

10. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    I went through starwars.com actually. I hope everything goes alright... [face_praying]

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If you went through starwars.com, you went through GenCon.

12. NEMES1S

Jul 23, 2005
    Thanks everyone for all your help. And see you in C4 (uh, thats in 7 months...)o_O

13. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Does anyone know when badges will go back on sale?

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Eledaia, it was working as of two minutes ago when I tried it: Tickets

It takes a few seconds for it to pop up, but it does.

15. JediJen-aaha

JediJen-aaha Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2002
    I'm wondering if the tickets will sell out? I would think not since on the official site they had a separate price if anyone should by them onsite, but I just wondered.

16. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    It has been said that selling out the convention is unlikely.

17. JediJen-aaha

JediJen-aaha Jedi Master star 2

Nov 4, 2002
    That is wonderful news! Thank you very much.

18. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Evening, guys.

I tried looking for this through the pages in this thread, but couldn't see it...or if it has been posted, I'm going blind.

Anyway, I'm just trying to buy my tickets for C4, and have gone to the checkout, and I got this:

Your shipping method is set to Ship it to me but your shopping cart includes badges and/or events tickets
    and your shipping address indicates a country outside the United States.
    We ship badges and tickets only to addresses in the United States.

Am I doing something wrong here?

EDIT: Nevermind. All done. Duh! :p [face_blush]

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Not really. Its just that since you live outside the U.S. your tickets won't be shipped to you. You have to pick them up at will call when you get to the convention center.

--so select 'will pick up tickets' or whatever the choice is instead of mail.

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Cheers, Moff! Yeah, I'm such a duffer! I must be getting senile in my old age.

Then again, it's my first Celebration, so I didn't know. Thankfully a mate of mine who was at C3 just called me up and told me where I was going wrong.

In either case, I'M IN!!! :D

Flight booked and paid for: check!
    Hotel booked and paid for: check!
    Celebration IV booked and paid for: check!

All I have to do now is to strap my backside into that Air New Zealand plane seat, eat the dodgy peanuts, get my fill of warm, but free complimentry beer, watch a rubbish movie or two, talk at length for 10 hours about Star Wars with my friends, and then get absolutley blinded by all the Star Wars goodiness that awaits me at the convention centre...HELL YEAH!!! [face_monkey]

21. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Complimentary beer on your flight? Must be nice ;)

22. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    you know, Horizon has complimentary beer and wine on their flights too :D

23. roguecrow

roguecrow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2006
    So how long are they taking to send the tickets? Specialty admission cards? What have you nots...
    Just curious as I have not found anything yet stating that timeline...and I want to see them in my hand SOON!! As in now.

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    The tickets are going out in Mid-April.

25. roguecrow

roguecrow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2006
    Thanks ValedaKor! This helps my plans come together nicely. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.