main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Tickets??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nici-je, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damolay

damolay Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Ok then, rather than camping out(which, altho it sounds SOOO much fun) we should just go & wait there at like 9:30, I doubt there'd be queues. Anyway, let me know what the story is, I'd much rather do that than camp.

2. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I think we should all go naked with lightsabers

3. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    You think wrong. Very very wrong.

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'd like to get together with the other Auckland fanforcers for a screening sometime after opening night.

But I live too far south to make it in to the city for a midnight screening on May 16th. Sorry :(

If they have a midnight screening at Manukau village eight, I think I'll go to that ... or else I'll go on Thursday afternoon/night.

e: naked with lightsabers? well, I'd guarantee you'd be on the news :)

5. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Can anyone actually confirm that theres gonna be a midnite screening in town?

6. DarthSpader

DarthSpader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah. Go to Hoyts.co.nz

They also co-own Village cinemas in queen street.......you see that they state tickets are already on sale now and the session times.

7. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Why has no-one told me this. I got word from an official village contact that tix only go on sale from Thursday.

8. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    well maybe im crazy but ill be in town wednsday night to camp out... I figure if nothing much is happening i can always head down to the museum for the dawn anzac ceremony.

9. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000

Lil_Lisa: One more thing Buzz. Who do I email?

Email: SWNZ startwars@maxnet.co.nz

You probably do have to join to get the emails - I notice Chansplace has his camping out story listed on theSWNZ website

10. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    DarthSpader: I went to Hoyts.co.nz. Here's exactly what's on the site:

Star Wars Episode 2 - tickets now on sale!
    By Staff

The saga continues...

Get the hottest tickets on town because they're selling fast at your nearest Hoyts Cinema.

If you have to be the first to see the lastest Star Wars adventure look out for our special mignight screenings.

Click here for all your Australian STAR WARS session times.

Hoyts.com.au

Note it says Hoyts.co.au, not nz. My guess is they meant the tickets in Oz are already selling. but not yet in NZ. Why they would put that on the NZ Hoyts website I don't know.

Kitt: There's always the Engineering library. :D

11. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, I guess we'll see whoeer is there in the morning. Theres not point camping. I'll be there 9:30ish.

12. Nici-je

Nici-je Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2000
    I'm not sure about getting there at 9:30 if it opens at 10. I think it might be wise to go a little earlier. People at work have even said that they'll be going to line up early and they don't even like SW much.

BTW. South city opens at 1 except for the food court which opens at 9. I work at in the mall, i got the spiel.
    I'd love to camp out but in CHCH mesa thinkn it may a little bit too cold!!

13. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I'll see the rest of you guys waiting on Queen St tomorrow morning. Does anyone know what the 'rules' are when it comes to waiting for the place to open? Are we all going to rush through the door the moment it opens and sprint to the ticket counter, or will the people who arrive at the door to wait out first get the first ticket sales?

14. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Mm, I don't know what the "rules" are... but I think I might have to leave earlier this morning [face_shocked] if what Nici said is true.

15. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Who's got their tickets?

I did! :D Midnight at Queen St, row J seat 10. They opened at 9:30 and some people were sliding their feet under the gate when they opened up. The two guys in front of me got like, 50 tickets! [face_shocked] One of them was from my school, who must have been the one to get our school band play TPM music at the senior prize giving.

Three more weeks!

16. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    50 tickets? Do I detect a scalper.

e: lol, just got your txt Lisa. :D

17. Lil_Lisa

Nov 28, 2001
    Maybe they didn't get that much, but it was a whole lot of tickets. They were counting up those again at BK later--where I went to get some breakfast too. :)

18. Klimt_Of_Tornesdal

Klimt_Of_Tornesdal Jedi Master star 3

Dec 8, 1999
    Hey Lisa, I thought that was you! :eek: Damn, I was gonna come over and say hi too - but given that I had been there since 9 last night, I wasn't thinking too straight. I trust you'll forgive me. ;)

19. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Chans has all the tickets for Chch people. He didn't camp out ;)

Quite a good turnout, but the way Hoyts had people entering was a complete mess.

20. Nici-je

Nici-je Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2000
    what happened?? Was there any fights?? That would of made it exciting.

Thanks you guys sooooooooooooo much for getting them!!

21. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    They opened the back doors first. People who had been lining up for hours were at the front door [face_plain]

And then the line got all out of order when they went in.

But no fights. I had my lightsaber in my backpack just in case ;)

22. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Went in this morning & got my tickets. What a hoot. I have to say this. RREeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh. SO many [bzzt] nerds. Running up the escalator, only to find the roller door down infront of the ticket offices. I jsut sat back & laughed. Thenonce the doors were opened, a couple of rrreeahh guys went under the gates as they were going up, Indiana Jones styles. Some people have no life.
    Soo, who's gonna be mocking the Americans at 2:00am on the 16th, mocking cos we see it b4 them??

Edit: No profanity allowed on boards.theforce.net - DS

23. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    im getting my tickets tomorow c if brownie wanna come with me or not thats y i didnt get them today

24. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Lisa, I was one of those two guys. I actualy thought that might have been you eating behind me at BK, seeing you were one of only two girls there at all.

I didn't actualy know that dude, but I just figured I'd have better chance of getting better seats off of him seeing I was buying four seats, seeing he just got in ahead of me and asked for the fifty. I ended up with the middle seats in row B, so it looks like me and my friends will have sore necks, but that's OK. As long as I have tickets for opening night.

Oh, and Damolay, the fact that you just posted that on a Star Wars Internet Message Board is really funny. You were there in the morning to buy tickets for a movie which isn't released for another three weeks. Your officially a GEEK yourself now.

Otherwise I am VERY dissapointed that no one was able to point out that tickets were actualy going on sale at MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT. I'm quite gutted about that.

25. damolay

Apr 6, 2002
    Ah touche Raz Zaphon. I admit I was there, & I may be a tad of a star wars g33k. But man, I'm a long way from fighting/running for tickets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.