TICKETS

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DARK_SCORE, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    Hello y'all,

I just read on the Ep2 page that some guy in Tyne & Wear has already bought some tickets for AOTC.

I just rang up the Odeon in Leicester Sq, and they were totally useless: they told me that the tickets were gonna be available in about three weeks' time. This was after I'd spent ages listening to a talking computer. I'm sure you know what I mean... [face_plain]

Anyway, I knew that a lot of you guys were gonna come down/up to London to try and see AOTC on May 16th. I'm thinking of ringing the cinema every day until I get a proper response. I'm assuming, of course, that it will be shown at the Leicester Sq. Odeon.

If anyone else needs it, I'm posting the number of that cinema. Hopefully, people in the UK can post here when they know what's going on with tickets around the country... I would be severely pi**ed off if I missed out on seeing AOTC on May 16th 'cos some cinema couldn't be bothered to help me out.

I hate those 'customer service lines' - they're no help whatsoever... Grrr :mad:

Well, here's the number for Odeon Leicester Sq. Maybe everyone could ring it once a day until we get an answer?!? Heh! Heh!

Odeon Leicester Square:
    020 7930 6111

Odeon West End:
    020 7930 5252

Odeon Booking Line:
    0870 505 0007

Hope this helps! :)
  2. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    no offence but if they told you they go on sale in three weeks, that is when they go on sale
  3. DARK_SCORE Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, first of all he said they go on sale in about three weeks. Then he said they would go on sale three weeks before the film comes out.

I know it works out at about the same time but it doesn't inspire confidence.

The whole conversation wasn't very confidence-inspiring - I just saved you all the boredom of transcribing it all...

:)
  4. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    actually it does work at the same time
  5. MayhemUK Jedi Master

star 4
    Send a message/PM to Mark (Turr_Phennir) as he is organising it. Have a look for the previous thread on the meetup if you want to join in. Currently got a lot of peeps so far.

Though according to him, tickets are on sale from next Tuesday according to Odeon...
  6. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Do yous really think the tickets will be sold out though?
  7. LadyVader81 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hmm I would have thought most palces wont sell them til a month before ....I know none of the big cinemas in the north east have them on sale. I think that one cinema was a aception
  8. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    To Mots_Minx:

This Of course depends soley on TPM
    Alot of sw fans didn't like it but then they are willing to give second chance.
  9. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Someone in the AOTC forum said that he spoke to a manager at Odeon Leicester Square and they told him that tickets go on sale on Friday April the 12th. I e-mailed them to ask if this was true and this was the reply:
    'Ignore any rumours about booking for STAR WARS Episode II because that's
    all they are: rumours. No date has yet been set for when tickets will go on
    sale. It is not likely to happen beofre May. George Lucas and Twentieth
    Century Fox will have the final say.'

So the truth is they don't know yet when they'll go on sale yet. Also I asked if they will be screening it using DLP and they said we'll have to wait and see.....
    Not that helpful really
  10. MayhemUK Jedi Master

star 4
    Seeing as that Odeon is only one of about five digital equipped cinemas in the country, would seem a waste if they didn't use it for AotC!
  11. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That's what I thought Mayhem, sounds a bit stupid if you ask me. But do they have a DLP screen permanently? I remember when Final Fantasy came out they advertised it as being a special thing for a limited time, but I'm not that sure.
  12. Poodu Jedi Youngling

star 6
    There's only three digital screens in the country, five in Europe...

UCI - Manchester
    Leicester Square Odeon and Warner Village Finchley Road - London

The other two are in Brussels and Paris...
  13. MayhemUK Jedi Master

star 4
    The list I saw said the Warner cinema in Leicester Square was also digitally equipped... so either it's wrong, or I'm missing something here...
  14. Poodu Jedi Youngling

star 6
    This digital technology has only been installed at 5 screens across Europe:-

Screen 20 at UCI Cinemas The Trafford Centre, Odeon Leicester Square, Warner Village, Finchely Road in London, Gaumont in Paris and Kinopolis in Brussels.

Warner in Leicester Square have got it, but not using it.
  15. Poodu Jedi Youngling

star 6
    In case you're interested, this was my response from Warner Village

Thank you for you email. The certificate rating for Star Wars Episode 2 has yet to be confirmed. Until we are notifyed we cannot sell tickets
  16. anakin_pm Jedi Master

star 4
    Is there going to be much differance between the Digital Version and the Normal Version?
  17. Poodu Jedi Youngling

star 6
    You wouldn't get the black-spec effect on the digital version... and the fact that the film is shot digitally means that the film would offer unsurpassed quality in video and sound on a digital projector.
  18. Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    but you can only tell the difference if you are Steve Austin.
  19. ObiJohnKenobi Jedi Youngling

star 4
    LOL

But seriously, Paul, the digital version has a slightly different ending to the normal version.
  20. MOTs_Minx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    //backing out of thread ;)
  21. Tanktopgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah the digital versions ending...

// shakes head
  22. anakin_pm Jedi Master

star 4
    Inm that case im off to Brum to go and see it then.
    How can they release to ending to the films, is that just gay or what??
  23. Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's typical of what Lucas does Anakin. We should be used to it by now. He's only after the money now.
  24. Tanktopgirl Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Er...ask OJK, he's The Biggest Gay Of Them All
  25. AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus

star 5
    What OAC said. It's a ploy to get the digital format established in theatres. The stuff is expensive so some major studios feel the need to push it.

don't be suprised if it happens more and more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.