Tickets

Discussion in 'Oahu, Hawaii' started by ardo808, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardo808 Jedi Padawan

Hi. I'm new to these forums, and I live in Manoa. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about buying tickets in advance at any theatre
  2. Yoda808 Jedi Knight

Good question man, I know like Consolidated does some pre-orders over the phone, not sure about signatures though. The only place I'd see Episode II would have be Ward, Dole, or Waikiki. If I go movies this weekend I will inquire and the theater I go to.
  3. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    I know the answer but I'm not telling. ;) Unless you got a Mace Windu or Count Dooku figure. [face_devil]
  4. Yoda808 Jedi Knight

^^^haha, doesn't matter to me, I'm not seeing AOTC over here anyway, I'm just trying to help fellow fans out.
    :p
  5. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    The one thing I can say is--YES--Signature will have a pre-sale of tickets. And when you find out that they are selling...you better go FAST! For TPM, the line at Waikiki went around the corner on Kuhio!
    I was the second guy in line to buy TPM tickets at Dole Cannery (the first guy stayed overnight). And TPM was the FIRST movie EVER shown at Dole Cannery!

Check the papers and maybe give theaters a call around 1-2 weeks before opening day.
  6. Ewaeagle Jedi Padawan

I just bought mine at Consolidated's Ward Stadium this past weekend. The box office girl said that there are still a lot left because nobody knows that they are pre-selling them. You better go before everybody finds out.
  7. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I definitely WON'T go to see it at Consolidated Ward because they are more expensive, they have an inferior sound system and they don't have enough parking.

Maybe I'll see it at Waikiki later on. But for now, I'll stick with Signature Dole.
  8. Ewaeagle Jedi Padawan

Chill out, man. What's another 50 cents? The economy isn't that bad. I like Ward because of the parking. I don't know how bad the parking will be that night but let's just say that arrangements have been made to ensure a parking spot. I also think that Ward's sound system and overall atmosphere kicks Signature's butt. Besides Consolidated is a local company so I'd rather give my money to them than guys from the mainland.

It's just a matter of taste.
  9. Yoda808 Jedi Knight

Originally posted by Ewaeagle:
    Chill out, man. What's another 50 cents? The economy isn't that bad.

Actually, add that $.50 cents with another dollar and you have the amount that Consolidated has raised their ticket prices in the span of the last ten years. I still remember when tickets used to be $2.50 for kids and $6 for adults. Fifty cents over time adds up.
  10. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ward will be very crowded. All the Dave and Buster's crown fill up the parking lots.

Dole has the only THX system, so am going there for the fullness of Skywater Sound's magic. Besides, there's lots of parking and no other competing forces for the parking spaces in the evening. will pick up our tickets this weekend.
  11. Ewaeagle Jedi Padawan

Haven't you guys heard of inflation? I remember when a lot things used to sell for a lot cheaper then what it sells for now, but the world has changed since then and so has the economy. Deal with it.

Why are you guys busting my balls for going to Ward? Can't you guys just be happy that I'm going or is Consolidated the hex of all evil? WTF???
  12. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    Why are you guys busting my balls for going to Ward? Can't you guys just be happy that I'm going or is Consolidated the hex of all evil? WTF???

I don't think anyone's trying to convince you not to go to Ward. I'm happy you got tickets. We all have tickets.

Like you said earlier, it's a matter of taste.

I don't know how bad the parking will be that night but let's just say that arrangements have been made to ensure a parking spot.

If I had a guaranteed parking space I might go to Ward as well. If there was free parking at Waikiki I might go there as well.
    But, alas, I've had to park outside the structure to find parking on a busy Friday night at Ward. And at Waikiki, you have to pay $6 up front and they give you back $2 at the box office.

I also think that Ward's sound system and overall atmosphere kicks Signature's butt.

I've seen the same movie at Dole and Ward many times. Although the biggest screen at Ward is slightly bigger, the sound at Dole to me has been consistently better. To me, Ward has a "thinner" sound. It may be a nitpick but I used to run sound systems.

And remember, I'm only comparing Ward and Dole.

Signature at any other location is not too different than Consolidated.
  13. Ewaeagle Jedi Padawan

JarJarisBoba, thanks for understanding. Have fun at Dole. I hope you get on TV.

May the force be with you.
  14. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    My friend, since you're going to Ward, it's YOU who might be on TV. I'll put in a good word to Tasha for you. ;)
  15. Ewaeagle Jedi Padawan

Do you mean Tasha as in Tasha Kobashigawa from KITV? Thanks. I'll be on the lookout. Maybe I can use the Jedi mind trick on her.

EE: You want to go to dinner with me.
    TK: I want to go to dinner with you.
    EE: You'll call me.
    TK: I'll call you.

Yeah right! I'm just kidding. She's alright, but my woman is better. :D
  16. mac-nut Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. JarJarIsBoba Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Yeah Tasha should be there that night.
Thread Status: