main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Tidewater Alliance Membership?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Mortalis, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Mortalis

Darth_Mortalis Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2008
    Hey all, My name is Ryan Bre Im 17 Years old and have been doing star wars costuming for about 1-2 years. Recently I was made aware by a friend that there was a local fanforce in the area. Being that this is sorta my hobby anyway I decided to find out about it, partly because i've been interested in the creation of Hard Armors (Stormtrooper, Imperial Guard) for some time, and also due to the fact that I'm looking for a group to participate in events with (so I'm not that one lonely jedi at the con). Anyway I was just wondering how one would join if there are any membership fee's ect. So thanks for you help.

2. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Hello Ryan,

My name is Jason, I am the current Chapter Representative as well as the Founder of this great group.

The Tidewater Alliance is a Star Wars Fanforce in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. We are a group of enthusiastic fans who gather together to share and promote all aspects of the Star Wars Universe in a family friendly environment.

The Tidewater Alliance has a variety of interests which include attending conventions, costuming, prop building, participating in charity events, comics, EU literature, and much, much more.

We hold monthly meetings, as well as annual picnics, seasonal parties, and other social gatherings to promote friendship and to contribute to our surrounding communities.

We do have a membership fee if you choose to use our off board forums. This fee goes towards banners, website costs, etc. but again, is not mandatory unless you wish you use our offsite forums.

Some of us love to costume. I myself am a Sith and Mandalorian fan. but I would say your first step would be to attend one of our actual meetings and see if our group is the group for you. We will be holding our annual picnic in the very near future as well.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

3. Darth_Mortalis

Darth_Mortalis Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2008
    Hey just wanted to ask a few more questions. For one do you think it will be awkward for me to attend a meeting seeing as I'm noticeably younger then some members.

4. Ashara_Leiani

Ashara_Leiani Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    No problem with coming to check us out. We have a new member who I believe is younger than you. We would love to see your costume. Our group is mostly made up of jedi and sith. We also have a stormtrooper, a tie-pilot, a couple of snowtroopers, and a few x-wing pilots. A couple of people are currently working on mandalorian armour. Our next meeting is June 14th at the VA Beach Central Library at 2:30.

5. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    Not at all!! Speaking as the youngest active member for the last year or so.

And if you're into Star Wars, you know that age matters not! Especially when it somes to costuming and geeking-out.

Come by for the annual picnic! It's going to be held June 7th at a members house. Let us know if you're interested and we will make sure you get directions.

-Kelly

6. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    When you reach the age of 18, consider joining the 501st and Rebel Legion international costuming groups. These groups have presence in the Hampton Roads area. By being a member, you'll not only have access to a lot of costuming and prop-building resources, but you'd be able to participate in regional and national SW-related events. Just be aware of the costs associated with screen-accurate costuming.

In the meantime, a local FanForce is a great way to make friends with like-minded people and get your feet wet in our SW fandom sub-culture.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.