main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIE Bombers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by GiveemtheBOOT, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GiveemtheBOOT

GiveemtheBOOT Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    Still in the stores? If so, at what price. Any other Starfighters out there other than the TRU X-Wing?

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    TIE Bombers just recently hit the stores (the Saga package version), and in some cases haven't even been put on the shelves yet. Cost is $26.88 or so I think.

Aside from the TRU X-Wing (which has disappeared in some regions) the only others on the shelves right now are the Jedi Starfighter & Slave 1, and those are heavily clearanced in some places.

Things I've heard possibly coming up this year: A-Wing, TIE Fighter (basic), Geonosian Fighter, rerelease Naboo Fighter, "Anakin Skywalker" version of Jedi Starfighter, ESB version of Slave 1

3. GiveemtheBOOT

GiveemtheBOOT Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2002
    Ah, thanks. By the way, Is the Bomber exclusive? I heard its WM, but I also heard that was the PotJ one.

4. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Yeah, Wal-Mart Exclusive...just like the POTJ original. It's just a repaint/pack of the same mold sold by the same store.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I never even saw the POTJ TIE Bomber, but I got the Saga TIE Bomber about a month ago at Wally World.

6. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I saw the POTJ Bomber a couple times in stores, but never bought it. I recently saw the Saga Bombers at Wal Mart, but once again dident buy it 8-}

I'll get it one of thses days! :)

7. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    I picked up the POTJ Tie Bomber and its a great toy. A friend of mine picked up the Saga Bomber and I do like the new paint job. If I get my hands on some extra cash I'll probably pick it up also.

8. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I saw the POTJ TIE Bomber once. Bought it. Never seen it again.

I love Hasbro's and my area's stores distribution [face_plain]

9. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    POTJ TIE Bomber was fairly well distributed down here, a couple at each store that seemed to come and go off the shelves.

The Saga version's only showed up at one store down here...where there were original 16!! of the things. Since then that supply has dropped to around 9 or so, but none of the other stores have come through with any.

10. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    The TIE Bombers are very readily available at the Wal-Marts here.

11. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I have the POTJ TIE Bomber, and it's by far my favorite SW vehicle, so I highly recommend the Sage re-release. I personally plan to get the Saga version as well, but I'll have to wait till I have a little extra cash to do so... :p

12. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I never saw the Tie Bomber. But I did find Luke's Snowspeeder

13. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    Have to agree with ya Neck, the TIE Bomber is definitely one of the finest vehicles out there and the Saga repaint makes it even better.

Everytime I go into Wal-Mart I have to resist picking one up, since I've already got a POTJ one. I'm trying to avoid being a completist after all. ;)

Maybe they won't sell all of them and it'll wind up on clearance... :)

14. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I just got mine yesturday (SAGA version), and I love it! The bomb dropping thing works great, too!

-saber holder

15. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Have neither seen the bomber. Pity I just want the figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.