main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Fighter costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by TieMan12, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TieMan12

TieMan12 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    I've been looking for a Tie fighter costume to buy. I have found places to make one, but they don't say were to get a helmet. I was hoping someone would know where to find a helmet or the entire thing.

2. Quag_Myr_Rumm

Quag_Myr_Rumm Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Helmets pop up on ebay all the time. The breast plate and box will pop up every once in a while. It seems like the hardest part is the boots and gloves. The black jumpsuit is easy - coveralls.com

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    You'll want to try and find a Don Post Classic Action or Deluxe TIE pilot helmet. Since Don Post had their license revoked Rubies will not be making any decent TIE Pilot helmets for the forseeble future, your best bet is eBay. The Classic Action helmets are easier to find and much cheaper, while the Deluxe helmets are fibreglass, much more expensive and hard to find, and come with the chestbox.

4. High_Marshal

High_Marshal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Agree Ebay easiest for DPs.

Only Licenced helmet for sale at the moment is Altmanns.

See our discussion on Tie-Pilots at:
    Omega Wing

5. Tiefighter_Pilot_2

Tiefighter_Pilot_2 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2001
    For all TIE pilot info, check here, That should give ya all the info you need :D

Take care and God bless,
    Tie

6. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm working on my costume as well. Don't settle for anything less than a Classic Action helmet. The "basic" version is SO tiny looking. I bought a shopvac replacement hose at Home Depot for the tubes.

I picked up some nice gauntlet military motorcycle gloves and nabbed a couple extra pair for some other people. 2 bailed on me, so I'm trying to break even. If you're interested in my last pair, I can sell them to you at my cost of $25 ($3 shipping). You can check them out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1551398101

Nice, REAL leather. FYI - if you're interested in making a Baron Fel costume (see the comic), I can make a gray flak vest for you. Email me at skaught@skaught.com. Check out the Omega Wing EZBoard for lots of helpful ideas. http://pub79.ezboard.com/bimperialnavyomegawing

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.