main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Fighter Pilot Files

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by UfthakK, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UfthakK

UfthakK Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Greetings,

I recently wanted to re-watch the various cut-scenes from Tie Fighter (Collectors CD-Rom), and noticed that over the years I seem to have not backed up my pilot file. (Although I still have a picture of it in the in-game assignments desk (strange I know)).

[image=http://home.iprimus.com.au/allerdice/ufthakktiefighterdesk.jpg]

So cutting to the chase, does anyone have a pilot file which has all of the cut scenes enabled and is willing to email it to me?

ufthakk@yahoo.com

Thanks.

2. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Pretty sure I do at home, as I back up my save games in a folder called "Files I Need" which is the only folder I save when formatting my hard drive.

It won't be as cool looking in terms of points as my current one (going through on hardest difficulty) as I had played through it on Medium. Will look for it when I get home.

-Jomero

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh - that brings back memories

sorry, can't help you out, Tie-Fighter left on a reformat years ago and has never been reinstalled :)

how about you play through the game again and enjoy all those classic moments again ?

I do that with several games when I'm bored - I delete the saved games and make myself do it again.

malkie

4. UfthakK

UfthakK Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Ok thanks Jomero. If you do indeed have a pilot file, my email is - ufthakk@yahoo.com

As for playing T/F through again. It's tempting, but I've played through it twice already, once in 94, and again in 2000.

When you have alot of games on the "to play" pile, and some on the "re-play" pile, its difficlt to push a game to the top of the list for a 3rd playing.

5. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    What!!??!?!?!
    Someone who's not willing to play the TIE Fighter (collector ed) again?
    Thou art a heretic.

6. UfthakK

UfthakK Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    Pffttt.

How many games have you played through in their entirety with the length of Tie Fighter (40+ hours) 3 times.

This isn't a 20 minute ps2 street fighter job.

7. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Crap. I forgot to look for that file. Sorry man.

I'll try to remember to do it tonight!

-Jomero

8. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Ok, here is a zip file with the two pilot files I could find. One is 4 years old and I assume the one that SHOULD have all the cutscenes unlocked like you want. The other one might be the last file I was working on, and if it is, then it's a decent one I was going through the game on hard mode (can't remember what my score was... haven't gotten TF to work in XP yet).

Hope it helps.

The Pilots

-Jomero

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.