main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIE Fighter - The Night Stalkers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by izzy, May 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzy

izzy Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2000
    The glowing blue wormhole of hyperspace that enveloped the four A-wings was coming close to its end. Captain Laerd summoned the other three pilots in his reconnaissance unit over the comm. "Coming out of hyperspace in thirty seconds, get ready," he said, ready his craft for their brief patrol of this sector before they would report back to the main fleet.

"Copy, Spyglass Leader," replied one of the flight officers under his command. 'Spyglass Unit,' as their four-man specialized reconnaissance team was unofficially called, was comprised of merely four A-wings from the 47th Special Starfighter Wing, posted to the Mon Calamari cruiser Peierta and her sister vessels.

"Coming out of the hyperspace in five, four, three, two, one," announced Flight Officer Giedak. "Reverting to realspace."

The stars, once the tunnel-like walls of the hyperspace wormhole, gradually stretched into beams of light, which finally metamorphosed into the starlit background of the Mirasz sector.

The tranquility of space was soon interrupted as alarms clamored all around Laerd's cockpit. A shout from one of his officers announced the sudden threat. "Three Star Destroyers at five klicks, port degrees on a five-oh-seven!"

Panic seized Laerd's gut, making his stomach coil as it often did in deadly situations like these. "Spyglass Unit, hold fire, do not engage," he said, even as he moved energy from his light lasers and shields to his engines. A-wings, especially those assigned to reconnaissance missions, were not equipped for combat. "Prepare to fall back to hyperspace point."

As he brought up the trio of Imperial Star Destroyers on his combat multi-view display, he spotted the three daggers, pale as a dead man's face and as intimidating as the most fearsome monsters. Already, news beads of light were sparking from the bellies of the enormous starships; ion engines kicking into action as TIE starfighter crews scrambled to intercept the Spyglass wing.

Laerd put his throttle to full, to busy preparing his ship for a rough ride as the young pilots under his command began to cry out over the comm system.

"Inbound TIE interceptors, moving on our position!"

The sudden fear had paralyzed Spyglass Unit, giving a ten second window long enough for the squadron of squints to close a gap that was lethal for most other craft. Their hyperspace point was exactly five klicks away; the four lead squints were bearing down on them from only one and a half klicks.

"Cancel hyperspace orders, Spyglass," surrendered Laerd. "Return energy to cannons and shields, engage on will."

Emptying his laser energy into his shields and putting some engine power into his laser recharge settings, he turned a wide 180 degrees and targeted the lead interceptor on his CMD. "Spyglass Three, Spyglass Four, engage Target Alpha." He switched to the lead interceptor's wingman. "Spyglass Two, take my wing, cover my vector on Target Bravo. A-wings, fall out!"

The swift, agile craft darted in all directions, in the random evasive formation that Laerd had taught them upon first engagement. Their next rule was to assault any targets Laerd had assigned them or take out the nearest enemy vessel. After all enemy ships and starfighters were cleared within a two-kilometer perimeter of their ship, they'd make the retreat to the main fleet via hyperspace.

Laerd immediately found himself targeted by one of the four lead TIE interceptors, the starfighter his computer had labeled Target Delta. Leaning back on the stick, the nose of his craft pulled up as he cut his throttle and executed a sharp loop-de-loop, coming in on Target Delta from above. He opened fire on a snapshot, not waiting for his heads-up display to paint the target affirmatively. The first bolt cleanly grazed the starboard foil, but the second swung clear, a good three meters off the twin ion engines that marked Imperial starfighters.

Target Delta began a spin as Laerd overshot, cut the throttle and turned his A-wing on its side. He acquired his target again, evened out his speed, and fired a burst of laser bolts that missed the inte

2. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    Awesome writing! Keep on it!

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Well put, Lead! Very cool! Keep it up! (A TIE fighter fanfic like TIS would be fun to be in)

4. izzy

izzy Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2000
    ?Greetings, Commander,? the ambiguously feminine yet mechanical voice of BN-239 said as Reg Skoran took off his helmet and clambered out of the hatch of his TIE interceptor.

?Not now, Ben,? he said, briskly striding up to his fighter wing?s flight officer. ?Gill! Gill, what?s the news??

Flight Officer Gillern ?Gill? Krumb was barking orders to the enlisted men manning ?his? docking bay while feverishly typing away on the datapad cradled in his arm. ?Chev?s all right, Commander, we?ve sent a shuttle to retrieve his pod.?

?Thank you.? Reg turned, quickening his pace as a dozen of Gill?s Boys attended to his TIE interceptor. Right behind him was the new kid, Lieutenant Baten Kaidos, who had impressively pulled off his first operation with the 169th Imperial Special Operations Regiment, assigned to the ISD Impeccable. They both moved quickly, the glossy silver protocol droid making her way hurriedly behind him.

?What do we got, Gerris?? Reg said, opening the pressurized sealing contraptions (most of the pilots called them ?buttons?) on his flight suit.

Captain Gerris Antare, the best wingman Reg had served with in his career, was standing in the dull, gray post-action room, holding a datapad and walking past pilots from the other four squads with the 169th ISOR (the ?Eye-Sore,? some officers called them).

?The man upstairs has called for an immediate evacuation of the system,? said Gerris, standing at the head of the table while the rest of the ISOR pilots sat and listened. BN-239, or Ben as most called her, made her way to stand by Gerris? side. ?Beta Group will make short-range patrols, while Tau and Gamma groups make long-range patrols. Alpha and Delta groups will be on stand-by and will launch should any of the Rebels arrive.?

?What about the civilians?? asked Captain Graffias asked. The heavy-set, graying man was a veteran of the TIE bomber corps, and had been hand-selected by the Empire during the recruitment of the original five Special Operations Regiments. ?Will our families be evacuated as well??

?The governor of the Mirasz colony has a strong alliance with Admiral Sian,? replied Gerris. ?He has provided transports that will dock with the Nebulon-B2 Frigate Regor. Any families with Imperial employees will be on those transports within fifteen minutes and out of the system within thirty.?

?Why are we evacuating?? asked Kaidos. The newest member of the Gamma TIE Interceptor Flight Group was slim, with blue eyes, brown hair, and an affinity for showing Imperial bravery at the wrong moments. ?We have three Star Destroyers, two modified frigates, and half a dozen modified corvettes, with a full load of starfighters for each. We should stand and fight.?

Reg turned to Kaidos, leaning back in his chair casually. He was the highest-ranking pilot in the regiment and was thus the brevet commander out in the field. ?The Rebel terrorists will come back with what is called a mobile assault fleet. It?s a task force, standard procedure for both them and us. It clears system after system, using up to a dozen light capital ships like corvettes and a half dozen heavy capital ships, in their case, Calamari cruisers. A variety of assault transports and attack shuttles follow the fleet for capturing enemy vessels and defending the main fleet.?

?The Mirasz system is not so vital to the Empire that we should sacrifice our selves in an ultimately futile effort to defend our position,? replied Gerris. ?It is more in our goals to fall back, locate more Imperial allies, and then strike back when the Rebels do not have an upper hand.?

?Any other questions?? asked Reg, looking from Gerris to the leaders of each flight group. ?All right. Man your ships, gentleman, and may the Emperor bless our endeavors.?

He woke, feeling darkness and its cold embrace. There was liquid all around him, smothering his nerves and soaking his pores. He knew the taste well, for it was bacta, Imperial brand. Chev Rombi earned his nickname through his knowledge of bacta; after all, being a native of the planet where the life-restoring liquid was

5. izzy

izzy Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2000
    The sensors technician was sweating, and not just due to the humidity of the cramped bridge of the ISD Impeccable or the stiff and heat-insulating black uniform of a Naval enlisted man. Any moment, the terrorists would come, and do what terrorists do best. The Rebels were experts in psychological warfare; there was nary an Imperial soldier who had never been wrought with grief in the long, terrifying moments before an engagement.

And what terrorist wasn?t? It was the goal of the Rebellion to strike fear into the establishment. They were insurgents, traitors, and scumbags, a motley crew of smugglers, pirates, and, as always, terrorists. Their cells were hard to put down, as the sympathy of civilians often lay with what they believed the Rebels were all about. It was a veil of ignorance perpetrated by the Rebel propagandists.

The technician, like most of his fellows, was a draftee, conscripted from an Imperial outpost to aid in the efforts to quell the criminal uprisings. Like anyone with a right mind, the technician knew a career in the military, while offering the stability of shelter and occupational security, was less than promising in comparison to civilian opportunities. But he was willing to put his life down on the line to protect his home planet, system, and galaxy from Rebel insurgents.

The Imperial war machine offered a noble way to put his life to use in a galaxy of meaningless lives. After all, in a universe the size of this one, the measure of any Imperial citizen can only be weighed by the amount of his sacrifice for the common good.

The red light was steady and glowing when the technician saw it, casting a red shade across the beads of sweat and moist skin of his face. He warily cast his gaze to the petty officer standing beside him, and the petty officer looked out from the crew pit to where Admiral Sian, Captain Drays, and a half dozen of their adjutants stood on the bridge.

?Captain,? said the young petty officer, his voice cracking. ?The fleet has arrived.?

The corvette was the first to arrive, coming out of hyperspace right on top of the TIE interceptor group from the VSD Equity. Immediately, its two main guns opened up, taking out the group leader and his wingman. The other two ships retreated, dancing all around in their flight back to the safety of the Star Destroyers.

Seconds later, a squadron of Y-wings dropped out of hyperspace, followed by a trio of corvettes, followed by two squadrons of X-wings, and followed by the rest of the fleet. The eighteen capital ships dwarfed the smaller starfighters and immediately turned towards the three Star Destroyers.

Commander Reg Skoran turned his gaze to where the Nebulon-B2 Frigate Regor had just disappeared to the rendezvous point, carrying the families of his regiment, including his wife, Jegine, and their son. A picture of the Skoran nuclear family was pinned near his control console, along with a few trinkets he?d collected through his (in his own opinion) illustrious career.

?Gamma Group, intercept the incoming Y-wings before they can attack the Star Destroyers,? ordered their commanders from the bridge of the Impeccable.

?Okay, people, you heard them,? said Reg. He brought up the first Y-wing, kicked in the throttle, and moved energy from his lasers into speed. Gerris (Gamma Two) and Kaidos (Gamma Four) followed suit, just as he?d taught them. They were in shield-less craft, which meant speed and firepower were of the essence.

?This is Gamma Two, coming in on a niner-oh-two vector on Target Sigma,? reported Gerris. ?Targets are approximately two point one three to Gamma One, approximately seven point oh four to Sierra Deltas.? The ?Sierra Delta? was the name used for Star Destroyers when a frequency was suspect to compromise.

?Copy, Gamma Two, continue your approach, engage targets at will,? replied Reg, setting his cannons to dual fire and preparing to drop the engines to two-thirds power once within laser range. Y-wings were slow, but shielded, which made collision a lethal threat in a swift but unprotected vehicle like the Inte

6. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Cool.

[This message has been edited by Bullwinkle (edited 05-12-2000).]

7. izzy

izzy Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2000
    Admiral Daatyn sat back, slowly, her barbels quivering. ?What went wrong??

?Nuthin?,? replied Captain Merrum Erilaun, with his typical Agamarian drawl. Daatyn clenched her mouth, a bit turned off by Erilaun himself, tanned with countless stubble covering a slack jaw, lazy blue eyes looking as if they would roll out of their sockets and die from their own boredom. ?The mission was well executed, even fer the short amount of time we had to plan the insertion. The problem lied with the recon mission. Had we gotten better intelligence in the Mirasz system, we might-a been able to do somethin? else.?

?And that?s why you?re here??

?Uh-huh,? replied Erilaun, taking his hands out of their pockets and taking his datapad from the adjutant standing beside him. Daatyn?s office was humid, as per the Mon Calamari fleet admiral?s liking, but Erilaun didn?t mind. He?d spent his childhood in the southern swamps of Agamar before going with his father into space when he was a young boy.

Erilaun handed his datapad to the admiral, who accepted with one of her moist but gentle hand-fins. Daatyn cocked her head, reminding Erilaun of the unfortunate difficulties of having eyes on opposite sides of the head.

?General Cracken himself assigned me to the fleet,? said Erilaun. ?I gathered intelligence for over eight years in deep cover on Coruscant a-fore the Rogues felled it. Even made myself a family under an entirely different persona.?

?Yes, General Cracken and other members of the Republic High Command feel it is time to pull out all the stops in our hunt for the Imperials,? she said. ?We?re awaiting General Antilles himself, along with a wing of his hand-selected pilots and intelligence experts.?

?That?s why Cracken sent me,? Erilaun said, a slight tug at the mouth for his own ego.

?You certainly come with great recommendation,? replied Daatyn, examining the datapad. ?Mon Mothma, General Madine, General Solo, General Calrissian??

?I was Deputy Director of the New Republic Senatorial Naval Intelligence Supervisory Committee, the DDNRSNISC,? he continued. ?That lasted on up to before last month. I kinda got down-sized.?

?It says here you punched a senator in the face,? said Daatyn, raising an eye that screamed a piqued interest.

Erilaun smiled bashfully. ?He kinda said the Corellian Swoopers won the Galactic Pennant ?cuz the Agamarian Rangers couldn?t throw a balf cube if Darth Vader was holdin? a lightsaber to their liddle wambammies. I explained him my point of view and then proceeded to make an example of him to all other Swoopers fans.?

Daatyn set her datapad on the table. ?Very well, Captain Erilaun,? she said. ?You?re hired. You?ll be sharing quarters with Lieutenant Commander Rellod until told otherwise.?

?Thank ya kindly, sir,? said Erilaun, saluting Daatyn. It was the first active motion the intelligence officer had made during his meeting there.

Daatyn sat back, her office empty. All in all, she commanded over 13,000 Republic men and women. If she told them to jump into the Maw, they would do so with smiles on their faces. Each of their lives was in her hands.

But now she had a slack-jawed brute of an officer who assaulted superiors over sports to split the load with. And a new craving for painkillers.

Admiral Sian sat back in his chair, stroking his graybeard. ?What went wrong??

?Rebels,? replied Major Mira Dharyn matter-of-factly. ?We certainly did a good job of evacuating our forces, with minimal casualties among our starfighter crews.? She pulled a datapad from her file case. ?Two bombers, two interceptors, one fighter, and one assault gunboat.? She handed the datapad to her commander. ?Only two casualties from the 164th. One of those casualties was a gunboat pilot. We believe he may have been captured.?

Sian nodded, reading the datapad as the engines burned within his mind. ?OPSEC??

?Very well,? Mira said. ?The pilot is not aware of our rendezvous. The coordinates were preprogrammed into each hyperspace-capable craft, excepting the capital ships. The only way he could have known is once he?d made the j

8. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    Hi! I'd just like to say that I downloaded WOTF Trailer A, and I loved it! The lightsaber fight scenes looked awesome! That is some of the best choreographed fights i've seen since TPM. and that evil guy looks so...well, EVIL! I can't wait to see the film!

DM

9. Quite Gone Jim

Quite Gone Jim Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2000
    Yeah, but I kinda feel sorry for the evil guy; he's extremely outnumbered :p

10. rossevelli

rossevelli Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2000
    Oh, you like?

Hooray! I'm sure the guys will be blushing to hear that.

And remember, ya got over 8 minutes worth of fighting in the final project... just oodles and oodles of it!

Thanks for the compliment.

And Jim, I'm sure our evil guy will be appreciative of your concern.

wayoftheforce@hotmail.com

11. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Quite Gone Jim:
    Yeah, but I kinda feel sorry for the evil guy; he's extremely outnumbered :p

Either I'm reading this all wrong, or the trailer just gives too much away... or both...

But it seems to me that it's obvious what happens...haven't people realised that one of the brothers gets real angry, and at the end of the film we have only a one-on-one with the other brother and the 'evil' guy...?

Rossevelli - if this post is a spoiler, I will happy edit the above paragraph out. If, on the other hand, I've got it all wrong - just tell me, I can take it...

Anyway, I loved the trailer. I already said elsewhere that this looks to be the best combination so far of story and characters /CGI and effects/ sabre fights and action, to come from any fan film... Well done!

Saeed TTC

PS I got an e-mail yesterday from Josh Taylor - how nice!

12. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Saeed, i got that impression as well. The brothers were INDEED fighting each other.
    I also liked the trailer, but I have to say a couple of things bothered me.

The first is right at the end, the guy with 2 sabers STILL puts both sabers in one hand to punch the Dark Jedi! WHY?!?!? Im sorry, but ill never understand the logic behind this move.
    In a shot where the DJ is fighting the guy with the double bladed saber, the sounds dont seem to match the impacts. Or was I imagining this?
    the jumping kick/sweep, double the 2 guys do just doesnt seem....right somehow. The move itself is good, I just dont see it happening in a fight.

That being said, I AM lookin forward to WOTF. the fx look awesome, and the rest of the fighting looked pretty impressive. So I say these critisisms only as a personal opinion. Bring it on boys!

13. JobiWan

JobiWan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 1999
    Those Guys can fight!

14. rossevelli

rossevelli Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2000
    Wellll, Saeed...

How do you know the other Jedi just wasn't stopping for a sip of Gatorade?

I'm thinking other people perhaps have already taken on a conclusion of their own; people analyze the hell out of trailers. But.. hey, maaaaybe a further in depth observation should wait till the movie is out? ....ya dig...?

Hey, it's not our fault the guy got thirsty and missed out on being in the end of the trailer.

And about the "two light sabers in one hand" I asked about that, and thought it was to be removed, but since have had it explained that, no, it really wouldn't make sense in a fight, and yes, there is a reason. Like, for instance, he's open, so that someone can hand him that cup of Gatorade I was talking about.

wayoftheforce@hotmail.com

15. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, *someone* is certainly angling for that Gatorade endorsement money . . .

::smirk::

Very nice work, WOTF. A friend of mine is heavily into martial arts and had been griping for years that you never get to see light-escrimas, so to speak, so I'll have to show him this to get him to shut up about it. The thing that really got me about your film (I mean got me in a good way) was that it looks like you took sort of the same approach we're trying with Second Strike, in that you didn't seem to let the confines of what you might have to work with limit your vision. Those sets, especially the CG ones, look quite good, and it certainly seems to have given you a grandeur that a lot of other films haven't attempted, since they couldn't find sets like that in real life. Very good job.

The only thing that I think detracted from the trailer was probably one of the things that's a lot harder than most people think: the sound editing. The effects, voices, etc. were all fine, but they were somewhat hard to hear, especially the final baddie line. You might try bumping up the audio a bit, if possible. (We're having to do the same with PTH, now that we could barely hear "It won't be quite so easy to defeat me . . . " line in Trailer B.)

Kudos.

16. UncleBill

UncleBill Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2000
    What's up with the jedi who puts both sabers in one hand to punch the guy in the face? And the Darth Maul flip - do the swords actually touch or is that lens flare just put in to hide the fact that the swords don't meet. If fan opinions matter, I would loose that punch with the sabers in one hand if it can be helped. It really does look silly. (I don't care what reason the character has for doing it... It still looks silly.)

By the way, I'm just a fan - not a film maker. I'm sure there was a lot of work put into this, but I'm just giving advice as an audience member. Take it or leave it.

[This message has been edited by UncleBill (edited 06-18-2000).]

17. JobiWan

JobiWan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 1999
    What was the bad guy saying at the end?

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    *Shifts sabers to 1 hand, and swings over dark jedis head, hen catches gatorade, and turns to camera*
    "Y'know, ifghting the forces of evil is hard work! but when u are under the strain of using the force, dont be afraid to try:Gatorade. For even if the force isn't with you; Gatorade will be!"
    *big cheesy smile still on face, as both other Jedi slice him to pieces in defence of OJ..."

(pssst: Im up early! Sleep needed!)

19. WOTF Insider

WOTF Insider Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2000
    ok, heres the deal for all you people ******** about the fight ok, i understand why you would not get the 2 sabers in one hand move. But must i remind you it is a trailer, it isn't the whole fight, so just settle down for a month or two and wait for the final. 2nd the "Darth Maul" move is called a Kung Foo Aireal, and yes the do hit in mid air. This is one of the moves were we had a serious injurie, you see it in th out takes. We just put the flash in the wrong place but it will be fixed int he final. And this isn't a deffinet but i have a feeling you all will see the end of the "two sabers in one hand" exchange in the next Trailer just to settle the debates and as far as sound goes we havn't started to redubing yet, that comes in 2 months and we havn't finished our own foley (sound Effects) yet eaith so it will be all good in the final movie, so don't worry and thanX for watching!

JT

20. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    sorry mate. didnt mean to *****. my apologies

21. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rossevelli:
    Wellll, Saeed...maaaaybe a further in depth observation should wait till the movie is out? ....ya dig...?

'Nuff said, Rossevelli - "If you'll not be needing me, I'll close down for a while..."

...I would, however, like to get one thing off my chest at this point, before relaxing to enjoy 'Matrix Jedi' (heh heh )

And that is regarding all this stuff about the sabres/fighting - hang on a minute Josh, this is in your defense...

I've said it before on other threads and I'll say it again here - why oh why do people seek to criticise fanfilms more than the official films, with all their money, resources and time...?

Most of the people above probably use the duelling in TPM as some sort of benchmark / influence. These scenes were certainly the most memorable in most people's minds... BUT there are so many parts where you could have thought why not do this or that...? For example, when Darth Maul first appears there are like twenty guys with blasters in front of him, and he hasn't even taken off his cape - let alone draw his sabre - so shoot him already! When the trio begin the battle, there are a couple of times when Obi Wan turns around unnecessarily, as if to give DM more time to keep up with his two opponents! There's also the part where DM is forced back to the area with the energy beams - just as he reaches the end of the balcony before doing a backward flip, we see in the long shot that he totters on the edge, nearly falling off! That bit always cracks me up - they could have easily edited that cut slighly shorter...

'Way Of The Force' is a FANFILM, people!!! Enjoy it for what it is!!!

...actually, I have my own theory why the guy with two sabres does that move. You see, the reason is.... &lt;zzzztttt!!!&gt;

Damn restraining bolt !!!

If I may make one humble suggestion, JT etc, it would be not to release another trailer... This trailer is already extremely good, and another might be too much of a spoiler. Just my opinion. BTW any jobs going for CGI modellers?

This film will definitely deserve a sequel - keep up the good work!!!

Saeed TTC

[This message has been edited by Saeed (edited 06-19-2000).]

22. Hellbore

Hellbore Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2000
    Right on, Saeed. Why critisize what someone's doing with no real budeget or studio resources. I mean, that trailer is awsomne. I keep having to refine my fanfilm to keep up with all the wonderful work being produced. I'll be hard pressed to beat those LS duels. I'll try, of course, but it will be one hell of a job. I can't wait for this film and I'm sure the good points will out-weigh the bad.
    And another good point about Maul's appereance at the end of TPM. The soldiers should have roated him. But then there wouldn't have been that kick arse lightsabre duel.

23. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    ACtually, there is a reason why the jedi didn't let the soldiers drill Maul (remember they said "We'll handle this."). It's because they wanted to "discover the identity of the Queen's attacker...to unravel the mystery of the Sith."
    Now, Obi-wan got pissed off and killed him rather than disabling him for capture, but it explains why the two jedi didn't kill him earlier: They were trying to corner and capture him.
    -Lokmer

24. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lokmer:
    ...It's because they wanted to "discover the identity of the Queen's attacker...to unravel the mystery of the Sith."
    ... it explains why the two jedi didn't kill him earlier: They were trying to corner and capture him.

Well, I don't want this thread to go too much off topic, but I don't believe for one second they were ever trying to find out anything about Darth Maul...

For one thing, the guards could easily have wounded DM - he was at pretty close range...

And for another, the trio all take 5-10 seconds removing their capes before getting down to duelling - why didn't ObiWan and Qui Gonn just rush DM before he had a chance to get the upper hand? I mean, there's two Jedi against one which gives them a considerable advantage... DM uses the force push later on - why couldn't Obi Wan or Qui Gonn do the same to him when DM first appears? Don't tell me he could withstand both Jedi's combined powers...

Anyway, I've said all this on other threads and this is not really the place for it. BTW, this is not a criticism of Lucas - he used his artistic license to make a film that was fun to watch, and in that he succeeded very well indeed...

Saeed TTC
    AKA The Jedi With No Name

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    For that matter, why do the characters in Dragonball stand around and chat about how strong they are before fighting!
    pfft!
    WHO CARES GUYS! Aint no big thing. I liked TPM. plot holes n all

And I wasnt bagging out he guys who made WOTF, I was just offering my critisisms to their work and being honest. I enjoyed the film, I truly did. But we have always said on here that we want to honestly judge each others fan films, and that includes things we dont like. So im sorry if I offended, but I stand by my comments

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.