main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST TIE Fighters in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by plaidphoenix, Jun 4, 2014.

?

Will we see TIE Fighters in the ST?

1. Yes, they're still out there and we will see them.

34.0%
  2. We will see the next generation TIE Fighter

60.6%
  3. No, we won't see them at all.

5.3%
  4. Other.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    I hope so. I love the Interceptor.

T-R- and darklordoftech like this.
  2. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    This probably goes here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/tie-fighters-in-the-st.50020713/
    (In before the thread merge) ;)

To answer your question, yes, I hope we see interceptors. They were just so cool. And considering that they were supposed to be more expensive, there should be no problem with them being available in much smaller numbers. Then again, the TIE "Mark II" (see previous discussion in the linked thread) with lower turret and rear view slits etc may have taken the Interceptor's place as a complement to the standard TIE, though it's probably considered more of a heavy fighter.

rumsmuggler and darklordoftech like this.
  3. The Chosen TML Fan

The Chosen TML Fan Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2015

Maybe we can switch the title of the thread to "Technology we'd like to see" :). My main reasoning for wanting to see the Interceptor is because we never really saw it in action, so it would be nice to see a dog fight with saaaay, an A-WING.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i want it. there was this awesome concept. hopefully we'll see them in later films. click for a bigger version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I'd like to see new TIEs, but if there are, hopefully the artists go with the "less is better approach". What I mean is, new TIEs don't simply have to just be more wings and more lasers (looking at you TIE Defender). Vader's TIE Advance was a good redesign without being too complex. Heck, a whole squad of Advance's would be rather imposing.

7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I totally agree. I like the original TIE, Vader's TIE, and the Interceptors. Bombers were cool too, when shown in the limited numbers that they were shown in TESB. But that should be it... Defenders are just silly looking, IMO.

I do like the new color schemes on TIEs that we're seeing in TFA, though.

TK327, darklordoftech and Dak Oolron like this.
  8. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Star Destroyers are roughly 1/2 the size of the Trade Federation Droid Control Ship from Phantom Menace.

9. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

ya, someone pointed that out earlier I think. I didn't realize that...or if I had, it was a fact I had forgotten over the years.

10. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    I liked how practical the EU was, where the New Republic used StarDestroyers and TIE-craft as well Incom Starfighters. Whatever they can get there hands on that makes their fleet bigger and doesn't require new manufacturing.

rumsmuggler and Dak Oolron like this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    For me that would be an iconic character vehicle, say Kylo Ren's personal TIE Fighter.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It really is a cool ship imo.

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  14. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

rumsmuggler and Django Fett like this.
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    This is just wetting my appetite for the new cross sections reference books =P~

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000

Nice. It would be cool to see a different variation of the TIE that isn't the standard, advanced, or interceptor... but not to many variants though.

Sarge likes this.
  17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I'd love to see a Special Forces TIE with the Interceptor wings. Heck, even just an Interceptor in the FO black with white panels would be awesome looking.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    I do love how some color reversals and small additions can make the FO TIEs look cool and different enough. Take a light grey ship with black wing panels, and make the ship dark grey and the wing panels white. Then add a small section of red next to one side of the window. Done. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.