main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    .....I really need to stay away from the boards when YES YOU DO("by the book"...I'd have to ban you for doing this). Anyways, my TIE helmet should be here on Thursday! WOOT.

2. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    wow, that was special... i think i'm dumber for reading that... ;) hehe, sorry Will, couldn't resist... :D

-b-

3. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    That being the case... unless you publically admit you're four sheets to the wind while posting, your bad spelling could be written off as graduating from the Cuyahoga County school system [face_laugh] :p

I used to frequent a private-club chat room a long time ago- they had a similiar rule in place... we actually had one of the mods threaten people with expulsion from the board and Code of Conduct action taken against them if they were 'drunk while posting'... personally, I thought it was asinine- how could they actually enforce a policy when they're not even sitting in the same room with you? For the LARP sessions, I respected the rule. That being the case, I would have probably been kicked out of the club with the amount of times I was in that chat room, all the while drinking beer in my computer room ;)

I was almost half-expecting to recieve one of those breathalyzer machines (the kind that DUI/DWI offenders get installed in their vehicle to guage whether or not you have alcohol on your breath- if you do, your car won't start or an alarm goes off)to attach to my computer... alarm sounds and I can't gain access to the chat room :p

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Hehe, I have something to add to the English lexicon like "wardrobe malfuncion," TWI... TYPING WHILE INTOXICATED, haha.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/myimpwings.jpg]
    Have I shown you guys these yet? I want to get something like this made up.

6. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    No you didn't...wow that looks very nice!

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
  8. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, I'm sure if you've read the Tatooine Suns Saloon thread, you'll have noticed I recieved my TIE helmet finally. And no, it's not a Don Post as earlier mentioned, there were some misunderstandings, and it's a Rubies model instead. Yea, my hopes were shot down, but I did pay normal price for the thing, and it was technically brand new, and shipped fast. So I can't complain, I'm keeping it. It looks good, no real warping, maybe just a tiny bit of warping under the right ear, but nothing that looks out of place. The paint is pretty shiny, but there's some spots on the helmet where the paint has spots on it, it's hard to describe but it's just ugly little spots where the paint isn't leveled on the helmet. I think it'll need a repainting. Also, underneath the right ear, where it folds under, there's about a 1 inch crack down there, nothing major, but I don't like it. Dunno how I can fix that. And the only other complaint I have is with that mouthpiece in front...it was molded somewhat wrong, it's not evened out, the lines that go up and down on the mouthpiece are irregular on one side. Other than that, it's a nice helmet!

And oh yeah, that imperial wing badge thingy looks awesome! Definately want that.

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I've seen that Imperial squadron logo before...NICE!

It seems like the Rubies helmets are vulnerable to warping at the bottom (around the ear flap). Perphaps this is one of the reasons many TIE pilots are not thrilled with them. Thank the FORCE we have Bret who can do some minor repair work on them. ANything we can do to help you out boss?

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah. Mine's warped at the ear, too, Will. I think they're just messed up that way. ;)
    And don't worry about the paint. I think that the plan is to repaint anyways. ;)

11. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Actually its a set of Imperial Pilot Wings. At least my version of it. I want to get a set on a leather patch like this.
    [image=http://www.flightsuits.com/images/embr/tag_leather.jpg]
    And have the writing in Aurabesh. A bunch of the Omega Wing guys are getting them.

As far as the helmets Krash.... We'll figure out something. ;) I do need help cleaning out my garage. :D

12. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    I like the wings. I'd like to get "Fly the Unfriendly Skies" somewhere on my leather nameplate :p

I'm also going to get some fuzzy dice to hang in my TIE Bomber cockpit :D

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    You would :p Get the glow in the dark kind. :D

14. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    Oh yes... absolutely...:D

15. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
  16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Now that would be funny... :D

17. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Well I got the Cogs the other day. VERY NICE! The decals are better than the ones I got. I might have to trade up. The only problem was he shorted me a set of decals and patches. HOWEVER they are on the way. The guy was heading out of town and messed up. That being said. I want another set of patches and decals. I want 2 sets of decals as a matter of fact. I want to put cogs on my truck! :D Will I know your a little short right now but do yo want me to pick you up a set?

18. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/wings.jpg]
    Ok this is how mine will look. For those of you who cant read it says 'Anrev "Zig" DeKart, CDR (Commander), OHIO'.

Yes my callsign is "Zig" That was my nick name in HS and it will be here too. :p

What I plan on doing is printing this out on photo paper and gluing it between 2 this sheets of plastic (for protection and stiffness) and then velcroing it to my flightsuit.

Anyone else want one just let me know.

19. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    I would love to have the cogs/patches and whatever else you're getting for the suits (as long as it's acceptable to get me in the 501st), and although with my current situation involving finances, I promise you I will reimburse you for anything you happen to pick up for my costume. Also, about the TIE helmet, I myself would love to be able to modify the thing myself, but I don't really have the tools to do it (although I do have all the free time in the world right now), and I don't really feel like screwing up my helmet should I mess it up, since it's a one time shot. So should I give my helmet to you to modify? If you've got your hands full with helmets though, maybe you could just tell me what you did and used to modify them.

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Check your PM's.
    And I'd be happy to mod your helmet.

You know what? We need to have a Helmet mod party. I havnt had the time to do much on the other helmets yet. What do ya guys think?

21. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I think that would be an excellent idea. :D

22. Beltayn

Jan 21, 2004
    I agree...a helmet workshop/party would be good :)

Now it's a question of...when...and...where...

I volunteer to have it at my house :D

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Cool Mike thanks. Well lets see. I'm going to be really bust with RoP in May. Got to finish most of it up in May as Eric wont be available after June 1. And Scott wants to join the Army. Soon. So that means early June will be the best for me. I got all my patches/velcro sewn on tonite. Anyone who wants a Wing plaque let me know what name, rank, and callsign they want.

Anrev = "Zig" Cmdr
    Mike =
    Geoff = "Krash"
    Will =
    Kim =
    Em =

Also I made a Imperial hat out of one of the patches. I found a really nice black hat with white piping around the brim. Total cost $10. Anyone who wants one let me know. I need to order more patches. Works great for hiding the helmet hair when the helmets off. :D

24. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/flightsuit01.jpg]
    What do ya think?

The JRS, right cog & flag are all on velcro for easy removal. I am planing on putting an Oh Garrison the right shoulder in place if the right cog. Hence the velcro. Also below the flag will be an Omega Wing patch. Also the com pad is on velcro for removal when washing.

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We need to have a Helmet mod party
    Sounds like a great idea! I've wanted to get hands on with these helmets...and since the jedi thing is moving along, it's time to get something done on the TIE.

Count me in for the hat (add 1 patch to my tab...please) Does OG have a patch? Will they let us wear it as a sign of our belonging to OG...once we pass inspection?

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/wings.jpg]
    So how does it look when it reads:
    Geoff "Krash" Krickhan - (OG rank)
    Krash has your wing boss!

Early June...just give me a date (June 9th is my b-day...not that I have plans anyway) and I'll be sure to be free.

Off topic (slightly)...I'm kicking around some ideas for a TIE fanfic (in the style of Rogue/Wraith) loosly based on some of us. Can I use "Zig" and you as a character? I liked the idea of a TIE pilot named "Krash" and wanted to do something showing the other side of the "friendly skies"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.