main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    CLICKIE if you want a scout trooper blaster to check out for a pilot sidearm... :D

Frell... just remembered from costuming boards... not supposed to link to dealers per TOS... DOH!

PM me if you want info...

-b-

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I always wanted to be a Imperial at heart!
    ((pouty face)) But...my padawan ;)

Alright, Anrev brings up a VERY good point...we're starting to cross the line into dealings with other Ohio fan groups, and we need to be respectful of their standards. 501st/Ohio Garriosn has a very high standard to follow, as part of possibly the most respected fan group. Costuming on our own is ok...but if you're gonna swim in their pool, you need to follow their rules!

BTW, met with Anrev last night...saw his ideas for TIE Pilot costume...OMG you rock!

3. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Thanks Krash. Yeah I got some cool plans for the costume. I'll do a "canon" one first then make some upgrades. It will take me a while to make the upgrades. But the upgrades should still be within the canon guidlines. I hope. If they turn out good then we will look at upgrading everyone.

4. TK-P01

TK-P01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2003
    Hi, James Ficker, TK-P01, Cadet in the 501st Ohio Garrison here. I just wanted to drop by real fast and check this out since Krash and them ahve been posting on the 501st board. I think if you guys are going to do Imperial Costumes you should definately drop by www.ohio501st.com check out the board, introduce yourself and check out the costuming thread where guys will be more than willingly to give you help and advice.

And yes we have very, very high standerds for our costumes. Your first costume with the 501st must be completely 100% cannon, or they won't take you. After you've been accepted you are more than willingly to do Eu costumes and mods, such as Jolly Rodger pilots. But I think when yu make your first TIE costume you should leave the jolly rodger decals off at first, atleast util you've been accepted into the group, I'm not sure if Jolly Rodger is 100% cannon or not. *Shrugs*

From what I have heard Vader is the hardest costume to do if you want to do it right and make it good enough for 501st standerds. Alot of guys have sunk alot of money into the Vader costume.

5. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    TK-P01? I didnt know you could do a letter after the dash. Thanks for the post. Thats pretty much the conclusion Krash and I came to the other nite. We'll mod later. Lets just get "in" first. The one area that we have some leway is patches. Because we can mount them on Velcro we can change them around as we please without messing up the costume. I will have a set of patches of the JRS on and be able to switch them out on the fly. :D Plus there are mods we can do that enhance but do not modify the appearence. Such as quick disconnects on the hoses and voice amps and fans and stuff like that.

6. TK-P01

Dec 1, 2003
    The P01 stands for Pending Applicant #1 since I can't offically join until Oct 23, when I turn 18, they listed me as pending on the mebers page. I want 1086 or 117 for my TK number.

7. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    [face_shocked] No EU at first?
    But all my favorite characters are EU!
    ;)

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    You'll always be EU in your heart. :p

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
  10. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    October just will not come soon enough!! :D ;)

11. TK-P01

Dec 1, 2003
    October just will not come soon enough!!

Yeah I'm only 17 as well and turn 18 oct 23. But that hasn't stoped me from having a costume and trooping with the Garrison since Marcon of last year. So I'm not an officla member but I still come out and 'troop it up.

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    That's good that you can still particiapte :)

13. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, usually it goes I've got some good news and some bad news. Well, I have some great news and some bad news.

Bad news:
    It doesn't look like I'm going to have the funds necessary to make my Vader up to 501st standards.

GREAT NEWS:
    Last night I applied to the Rebel Legion with one of my RoP pictures, and I was accepted within half an hour. Probably one of the shortest inductions they've done. I'M ALL IN!!! YIPEE!

*looks around at everyone looking at him weird*

HEY, BEWARE THE INNER SITH LORD!!! :mad:

I'm still ecstatic. :cool:

14. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    SWEET DUDE! Thats awsome! What Pic did you use? Email it to me. Maybe I have a better one you can use for your member pic.

Never mind. Nice Pic. Clickie

15. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I just cropped myself out of one of the photos (I think I was with Scott) and turned it in. They changed the blade from blue to green, based on my saber color preference, and that was it.

16. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/Helmet.jpg]
    ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man I got alot of work ahead of me. Vision? The lenses might as well have been painted black for all the vision I had. And the "ears" are REALLY warped. Nothing I cant fix, but its going to take some work. What we'll do is I'll learn on this one and then teach you guys what to do so YOU guys can have the satifaction of doing it yourself. Sound good?

Also what do you guys think about pooling our money and getting 1 full set of armor and chest box and then I will use those as templets to make the rest. That will save us money and also give us a templet to go from. Just a suggestion. The armor and chest box kits run $150. So the more ppl who are in the cheaper it gets.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll learn on this one and then teach you guys what to do so YOU guys can have the satifaction of doing it yourself. Sound good?
    Also what do you guys think about pooling our money and getting 1 full set of armor and chest box and then I will use those as templets to make the rest.

Roger JR Leader! :D

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Can you tell if glasses will fit under the helmet? Since that is the type of helmet we'll probably be getting? Or can I try it on (at Zahn?) :D

Roger JR Leader!

19. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Plenty of room for glasses. And Yes I'll bring it to the signing. :D

And "Roger JR Leader" is alittle redundant. :p
    How about "Roger Skull Leader" or "Skull 1"

And besides who made me the leader. It was Will's idea to do a ST costume first! I just had the idea for the Tie costume.

20. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    All I know is, you've got the most experience (that I know of) in building these kinds of things...so Emily and I agree, we're following your lead on this one.

And those designs you showed my the other night are fantastic!

21. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Ok but TI988 is the squadron leader. I'm just the Flight leader. A Flight is a division of a squadron. kind of like a Squad in the Army is part of a Platoon. I think in the SW world a Flight is a group of 3. Vader and his wingmen. Luke amd his wingmen. You get the picture. But is our case we'll make an exception and make a Flight however many we need. The best thing we could do is get 6 ppl who want to make Tie costumes and make 2 Flights.

We need to come up with a better Flight call sign than Skull though. What about something relating to JKoC or something.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Brett, what was the name of that place where you found your flight suit? Because I can tell you Mr Fun (Ridge Road) has NOTHING we could use. They were trying to be helpful...but all they had were Rubies Vader/Maul/JarJar masks and a couple of the Halloween costume sets: Obi-Wan(TPM) and Anakin(Podracer)

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Get your HERE as I spent way more on mine and I have to dye mine. This is a really good price.

Helmet HEREI bought on Ebay but it came from here.

Hoses HERE This is the real thing and they are cheap.

Gloves HERE $20 is cheaper than I paid.

24. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    wow...that isn't that bad... is there anywhere around here we could find that stuff or do we have to do it on the internet...plus is this were you got yours from?

25. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Buy the stuff online. I got my flight suit at an Army Surplus store and paid $65 for mine. I might even get one of these flight suits too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.