main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Anrev...you gotta love it when dumb-### RSAs forget their cell-phone in their jacket overnight [face_blush] I just got your voicemail, but it's too late to be calling you at home. Sounds great...just let me know what you need from me (and possibly Emily...this time) and I'll be glad to get started on TIE costuming.

"Semantics...I'm always up to some antics"
    It's safe to say the JEDI starfighter is not considered standard Imperial issue. It was funded by the Old Republic, for the JEDI to use...but once the Empire takes over, that relationship was put to an end.

2. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Didn't know you were at my store the other day, Krash! FYI, I work in the pets dept. now in case you were looking for me. If you want to get costume supplies sometime, I'd be more than happy to lend my discount card to you. Let me know if you want to do something this week or next week. This week I'm off Wed. and Thurs. and next week I'm off Sat. and a couple other days, don't remember heh.

3. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    oh, and for those interested... there actually is a difference between the OR cogs and the GE cogs... very similar... but different

-b-

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I know, they're essentially the same, give or take a few "spokes" on them. Sorta like in my principles of biology lab and I'm looking at diatoms and can only tell that they are different species by similar spoke looking structures on them. Jeez, I've spent too much time at JCU! ;)

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    they're essentially the same, give or take a few "spokes" on them
    I wouldn't confuse the Imperial logo with the symbol used on the jedi starfighter. From what I understand (I'll quote the source when I find it) the removal of "a few spokes" was a diliberate attempt by Palpatine to dishonor the jedi...kinda like flying an American flag upside down.

Eric/Brian...take this "lightsaber waving contest" over to the Saloon ;)

I tried on those Herman Survivors S/T Engineer II boots...size 13 (OMG!) they'll do the trick! One of these days Will...you and I will have to get together about my borrowing that discount of yours.

6. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    That's a cool little mask you got there, Bret.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Bret...I was afraid we were gonna have to cut off Emily's finger to get "the precious" away from her! I hope you lock your doors at night...with this girl, that may not stop her ;)

Helmet looks frell-ing sweet!

8. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
  9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    It's my own, my love, my PRECIOUS!

Well, maybe not mine but dude...I NEED THAT THING! :D

10. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    Well I started prepping the helmet for paint. I know, I know. You are all saying..."I thought it WAS painted" No. That was for the Zahn signing. I am redoing the paint and will have a flawless gloss black paint. Also the grin and chin paint will be a darker gun metal grey not silver. The "Widows Tears" and Cogs will be silver. The Widows peak and the jaws will be flat black. All to keep it canon yet give it some contrast. I have cut vents in the chin for the speaker. I have also cut out the holes for the hoses. Also I cut off the fake screws on top and drilled holes to put real screws in place. I also found silver upholstery tacks to use on the other "detail bumps" on the ears. They look alot better then just painting them silver. The last thing I need to get is the ear "spikes". I'll get those and the gun metal paint tomorrow. I still have to make formers for the ears before I paint.

11. RamDac

RamDac Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2004
    I thought this would be the perfect thread to drop in and say Hi! Just wanted to say great time at the signing and cant wait till we work together again.

Lemmie know where all the single Jedi hang out. :D

12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Will, are you going to the Summit Mall meeting? Cause we need to figure a time where I can buy my boots (with your discount) Guess you could say I'm building my costume "from the ground up!" ;)

RamDac...good to meet you as well. I would like to get Ohio Garrison involved with "Bowl For Kids Sake" There is a second team formed by someone (not one of ours) Maybe the Garrison would be interested in joining that team (change the name to something more Imperial)...and we can work together again?

13. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Nope, can't make it to the meeting Krash (you know how weekends are with me). I'll be working that evening, but if you want to stop by, I can always take a break or whatever and use my discount. Won't be a problem.

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Yay! :D I read through the bylaws and checked out the membership roster of the 501st and I found out that they do seem to take Mara Jade as a legit character without having another prior "cannon" costume. :D
    I'm thinking with all of you doing the Tie Pilot thing, I might go that route with my Mara costume. Especially since we've now met some of the Ohio Garrison and they were so cool. :D

15. RamDac

RamDac Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2004
    Yes we do! Send me a pic of you in costume, with a solid white background. Ill get the process rolling as soon as I get the pic. :) tk5511@ohio501st.com

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks :) It'll be a while, though. I took pics, but they're on another background. And re-doing the hair color is a bit of a pain. ;)
    I'm also looking to add a couple of details (like a real saber instead of my toy, goggles, and a scarf ;)).
    But I don't think it will take long. I'll send the pics along as soon as I have those things accomplished. :)

17. RamDac

RamDac Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2004
    Great! I allready let our GML know we have a Mara joining up.

18. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    My helmet and black flight suit (which will also be used for my Biker Scout- speaking of which, I recieved my Biker bucket this afternoon!)are on the way.

19. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I WANT A HELMET!!!

:_| :_| :_|

That is what is next on my list for cosutmes...helmet, suit, boots(both for the TIE and Leia) !

20. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/box01.jpg]

This is the start of my chest box. I started with a flat piece of plastic and cut to shape and bend to fit. I split it into 2 pieces to better be able to make it. If this turns out good then I'll make fiberglass replicas of this for the rest of them. I still have to buy the chunk of tube to add to the bottom of the box.

Its been too cold to paint the helmet, but its ready. They say it will be nicer this weekend so I'll try to do it then. But this is what it looks like now.
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/helmet02.jpg]

Also I dont think I'll be able to make it to the costume party on Sat. I might have to work. We got like 6 planes due in this weekend. :mad: But I guess the OT is good.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "Coruscant...we have a problem!"

I've been searching around the usual sites...and nobody has TIE Pilot helmets listed as available. They may just be outta stock temporarily...but I hope they are not being discontinued!

22. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    No there out there. I dont think Rubies is actually making them any more but there are alot out there still.

here is one place. For sale

Ebay

Ebay buy it now And this one too

Ebay but this one is damaged but fixable

Dont know why the first link wont work. The buy it now one is about the same price I paid so I'd call it a good deal. If I was you I'd get a "buy it now" one. I found 1 other but Beltayn is the high bidder on it now. Hopefully he gets it.

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Ive been toying around with the Jolly Roger Squadron logo. Ive been changing it to more closely reflect our status as Tie Pilots with the Ohio Garrison. So I came up with a couple of new designs.

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/NC-JRS.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/NC-JRS2.jpg]

I am open to suggestions and comments. I thought since the Jolly Roger Squadron is the only "Official" 501st Squadron I'd stick with that.
    This is the "Official" logo
    [image=http://www.tiepilots.net/jrs_logo_leather.gif]

What do you guys think? Do we want to go with something like this or maybe go our own way and make our own squadron?

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks Bret, now to figure out which credit card I can use for this? Still paying off stuff from Christmas...and a few of them are smoldering!

I like the logo version with Ohio in the background. It would look good as an icon for the Ohio Garrison boards (for us TIE pilots) and our flight suits. You might want to run these by RamDac or someone at Garrison command...before they think we're taking over again! ;)

25. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I dup'd the thread there too.

And removed it. Im alittle frelling pissed right now.

All I get is <NO DETACHMENT> <WE MAKE THE LOGOS>< DONT USE THE JR LOGO YOU MIGHT PISS OFF THE JR GUYS><NO DETACHMENT><NO DETACHMENT><NO DETACHMENT><NO DETACHMENT><YOUR NOT EVEN IN THE 501st> <NO JR IN THE FILMS = NO JR>

Sorry. Just pisses me off. I understand this is their pool and that we have to play by there rules. But I think its getting cold and time to dry off. Maybe I'll just sit on the side of the pool for a while.

You know when I go to the pool (sorry to keep using the pool reference) I like to jump in and make a big splash. I guess some ppl just dont like getting splashed. Sorry if my having fun rains on your parade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.