main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    [image= and then the url of the image ]
    To see the url just right click on the pic and pick "open image in new window" Then copy the url from the address bar.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I got an e-mail telling me that my TIE-pilot helmet is being shipped out! I could have mine as soon as the weekend!

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
  4. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I want MINE!!!!

5. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    My helmet just arrived! Gotta go on e-bay and give this guy a good review! :D

The small crack on the back isn't bad (easy to fix)...but the sides are a little curved inward...and one side cracked while I was trying to inspect it. So I'll need Bret's help patching up two spots before I can start painting/customizing.

6. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    It cracked while inspecting it?!!!!? Dude dont put it on any more till we can get together and glue it. Is it the same helmet as mine? Does it say Rubies in the copyrite on the back left? I'm alittle concerned that it cracked so easily. Can we get together Fri nite after your work? Or tonite?

7. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yup...it does say Rubies but for me it feels different then yours (could be me but...).

8. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Well there's no head band in it yet. If you guys could get a couple of hard hats from Home Depot before we get together then we can fix that.

And on my front.... :D
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/helmet07.jpg]

AND.......

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/anrev/.Pictures/TiePilot/compad01.jpg]

Got them from HERE

9. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Tonite I made a neck seal. It turned out pretty good too. I'll show you Thursday Krash. That way we can measure your neck. If you have a measuring tape then measure Em's neck for me. Measure it tight. Dont worry they're cheap. It really does fill out the area under the helmet good.

Also Will & anyone else interested, I have plenty of material left.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I'll do that...between now and Thursday. Always looking forward to a progress report on your TIE helmet!

11. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm soooo tempted to join you guys in doing the TIE fighter thing. I guess we'll see after finishing the Aayla costume how the funds are and how much time I have. ;)

12. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    That would be cool for another one of us to join in Kim...I only wish I have some free time so I can start my TIE one, I have the cash, just need some TIME!!!

13. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    You too Kim?! Way cool! DO IT DO IT DO IT! Em all you need is cash. Go buy your flight suit. Or boots or gloves.

14. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'd love to, Bret. But I think I'm going to have to wait a bit until the funds even out a bit.
    Would you be willing to help me put it together like you are the other guys? Even if it's a lot later than when they are?
    I would like to be able to Troop with the 501st. And I don't know if "Mara" would be invited all that much. ;)
    Plus, did you read about volunteering at Cele III? I don't know if it's only for Stormies, but it sounded like fun if TIEs can do it as well. ;)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I don't know if "Mara" would be invited all that much
    Are you kidding...those guys will carry you/Mara around Celebration III on Palpatine's throne! :D

I think (based on last time) that while the majority of 501st people are some form of trooper...TIE pilots are welcome to volunteer at the convention. They had Royal Guards at the doors...troopers checking lanyards...I don't recall many TIE pilots (so who knows what they did). And of course there was "Admiral Daala" collecting tickets on the second floor!

Once I get the helmet underway, I'll start looking around at the boots...then probably get the flightsuit. After that, it'll be all the little details (gloves, and accessories) Are we still considering building the chestbox and body armor as a group?

16. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I wasn't there, but I do remember reading somewhere about Jedi helping out with security too.

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    If there were...I never saw them? One Rebel Trooper(AHN opening scene) at the autograph area, but that was it for the good guys from my recollection!

18. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    And of course there was "Admiral Daala" collecting tickets on the second floor!

Don't remind my dad of her... He really hated her.

I don't really remember seeing any Jedis helping out, but there were so many Jedis to begin with.

19. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    Absolutely Kim. I'll help any way I can. The more the merrier. Will is holding off till he has the mola too. Krash we'll talk about it Thursday at Mikes.

20. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    BTW- I have a large black flight suit. I realized I was too tall for it, so I ordered an XL (and a nomex hood), both should be here in three weeks (back-ordered). I have about 24 days to send the large one back, but I figured I'd offer it to anyone who might need it (especially the TIE Pilots). Let me know if you're interested.

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Em all you need is cash. Go buy your flight suit. Or boots or gloves.

I have the money...I just need the time to spend it!!!...Wow that sounds odd! :D

I tried to ask my mom if I could get my Leia boots, but she said that she wanted to buy them for me...I don't think she trusts me on the internet buying things! ;)

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I checked on the sizing for that flight suit that Beltayn is selling.

Chest size 41 - 45"
    Waist 35 - 39"
    Inseam 29 1/2 - 32 1/2"

23. Anrev_the_Jedi

Mar 14, 2002
    I wish the waist fit me. Everything else is just the right size. Hey Em will this fit you?

24. Beltayn

Beltayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    I forgot to mention something-

The waist (and cuffs) have velcro on them to make adjustments

25. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    My waist last time I measured for my Padme dress was like 43...I was wondering were we could find the flightsuits anyhow?...Plus with velcro...how much ajustments could you make...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.