Tie Pilot/501st costume thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by Anrev_the_Jedi, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Em I really think this will fit you. Even if its too big we can make adjustments.
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I can take a look at the flight-suit Thursday night (since it'll be too late for Em to go on a school night)

And she said that paying for the second helmet won't be a problem (ah, to not have to worry about bills)
  3. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, Bret tried on the flight suit...he approved...and now he owns it!

Emily- Bret also has the TIE helmet you were going to buy from me; he's going to be working on it. Also, talk to your brother; he has some good news.

4. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent! :D
    I figured that one of us could use that flightsuit. ;)
  5. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yep- and it saved me the trouble of returning it :)

6. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Leave it to me to be the complicated one :) Bret finally got a look at my helmet...and from the looks of things, mine is gonna need some more work then the rest of our little TIE flight! He has both mine and Emily's helmets (as soon as she pays Beltayn) and he said he'll get to work on them as soon as possible.

And after they worked on Beltayn's stormtrooper costume, we sat around and threw a bunch of ideas around. I think we're in fairly good shape, and these things are gonna look awesoe once we're done! They may even be "cannon" as well ;)
  7. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually I have Beltayns too. So I have alot of work ahead of me. Yeah Krashes is going to talk some work to get it into shape. But have faith. With the acquisition of the flight suit all I need is armor and chest box. :D
  8. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    :D Well, I sent in my info to 501st.
    Now I'm waiting to hear from Brad at Ohio Garrision about whether the pics should be unaltered or not when they are submitted.

Getting closer! :D
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope it works well for you Kim! :D

I only wish I was old enough to sign-up!! :(
  10. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    When do you turn 18, Em? :confused:
    (I'm too lazy to check the birthday thread :p)
  11. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Emily, there's nothing that says you can't get a costume together and show up :cool:

As soon as you turn 18, then you'll be able to officially join- and your costume will already be done!:D

Hey Bret, Geoff- you guys want to get together again tomorrow? Drop me a line and let me know!

12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Works good for me, I won't be able to get there until about the same time...of course I'm off Friday (so we can work on stuff as late as needed)
  13. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Cool beans

Give me a call tomorrow during the day (if that's feasible)

14. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Well lets see. Time for a roll call.

Anrev - Tie Interceptor.
    Krash - Tie Interceptor.
    Avenger - Tie Interceptor?
    Beltayn - Tie Bomber
    Reborn - ?
    & introducing...(name withheld. I'll let that person make them-self known.) :D And what does the newbie want to fly?

Can you imagine the 6 of us walking around together!? This is going to be SO cool.

I have everything except armor and chest box. But that will be taken care of VERY shortly. I am currently working on Em's and Mike's helmets getting them ready for paint. Geoff yours is next.
  15. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. :D That's me! :cool:

Ummm...excuse my ignorance, but what differences will that make? [face_conufused]
  16. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just wanted to give you the honor. :) So what Tie do you like?
  17. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    My question above refers to the types of TIEs.
    What's the difference? *tilts head*
  18. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    TIE Fighters are the ones that made their debut in ANH

TIE Bombers were introduced in ESB (remember when the Falcon was hiding in the asteroid field, and those TIEs that had what looked like two cockpits were bombarding the asteroids? They have bent wings (like Vader's ship)

TIE Interceptors were in ROTJ...they had the narrow, sharp-tipped wings and were all over the place in the final Death Star battle. The other two ship styles were there also.

The other ones- TIE Defenders/Advanced/ect were EU ships. I don't know much about them, but Bret probably does.

True, TIEs are weak ships- no shields, no hyperdrive, no life support- just a speedy little rocket with guns that can fly circles around everything except the A-Wing (or according to the script, certain main characters and their respective ships). TIE Bombers are a bit slower, but they can still be pretty manueverable. Interceptors are good ships- too bad they didn't have more chances to use them in the movies.

Me, I like the Bomber... swoop in low, drop your bombs, blow things up, and fly out of there. Ever since I watched 'Flight of the Intruder' and 'Memphis Belle', I've always liked bombers. Besides, while in the Army (I dealt with a lot of military personnel from all branches), I noticed the difference between fighter pilots (yard darts) and bomber pilots- the attitude. Fighter pilots rarely gave you the time of day, while bomber pilots treated you with respect.
  19. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, Michael. I should have been more specific. I wanted to know if it would make any difference in how we do the costume.

But thanks for explaning all of that. ;) :)
  20. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Far as I know, the pilots all look alike...and no, they're NOT clone :p

I meant in their flight suits and helmets!
  21. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    point: if i'm not mistaken, didn't vader pilot a TIE advanced in ANH? i thought it was the prototype for the interceptor...

-b-
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    TIE Fighters (also known as "Eye-balls")
    TIE Bombers (also known as "Dupes")
    TIE Interceptors (also known as "Squints")
    The other ones- TIE Defenders/Advanced/ect were EU ships (also known as "Smarts")

Yes...I've read all the Rogue Squadron books!

EDIT: "Can you imagine the 6 of us walking around together!?"
    I can't wait for Celebration III...or the first time we go "trooping" together!
  23. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    TIE Defenders were not "Smarts" they were "Trips" or "Clutches"

-b-
  24. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yup Kim no difference in costume. So far we all are doing our helmets with the same basic paint scheme. All black with silver widows tears and silver cogs.
  25. Beltayn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yep, Vaders TIE was a prototype; I was never certain exactly what it's designation was. The bomber used the same style wings, and the interceptor used the concept, but streamlined it into something different. I had read that Vader's fighter was also hyperspace capable (which would make sense). But, that's EU anyways :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.