main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIE Pilot Question

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by starwarsarmboy, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Whats Up All???
    Quick question for ya....I'm putting together a TIE costume, went cheap with it. I was going to buy armor, but I made a flak vest, and my own chest box (came out better then I expected). I already dropped $1200 beans on my Scout Trooper costume (Altmann's bucket cost me $500). So I wanted to make another costume. Anywho, I was wondering how you make the commlink for the sleeve. Also, what blaster does a TIE pilot have, an E-11, or something smaller. Any info woulld be great!!!
    PEACE!!!
    Jay
    TB-4476

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey Jay. Talk to me on Saturday about the commpad. I can give you all the details you'll want.

3. kosure

kosure Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    There seems to be some discrepensy over weather or not TIE fighter pilots actually carry a blaster pistol. Most sources say no. I'm almost positive that none in the movies do, although I'd have to watch the movies again to be sure.

If they did carry one, (which some might have) I find it hard to believe that they would carry an E-11. Probablly something smaller.

4. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Armor and a flak vest? In the films, they wore the armor only. There is one EU character that wore a flak vest, but not both. In the films, you only saw "full" pilots when they marched behind Vader, and there wasn't a blaster to be seen. I don't read the books, so I don't know if there is an EU reference to a pilot with a blaster.

Scott

5. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    A while back, someone made a pistol from a cut down E-11. Looked awesome. Would make a great sidearm for a pilot. Sadly, pics are nowhere to be found...

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I know that this probably isn't the best source for reference but I just picked up Jedi Academy and it has TIE pilots in it with what appears to be the same blaster used by the Imperial officers. A small pistol (ie: similar to the blaster Han uses) that could be easily holstered on your leg.

7. Tarel_Fenn

Tarel_Fenn Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2003
    Like Skaught said no pilots in the films were seen with sidearms,either holstered up using them.

Pilots I've seen in the Legion use a variety of sidearms.
    Mostly E-11's and DH'17's.
    I myself use a Scout Trooper Blaster.
    An officer's blaster pistol ,IMO ,would be cool.

8. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Cool, Cool!!! Thanx for everyone's input. I was thinking about the holstered blaster, but I made an E-11, so I think I'll lug it around. John, I'll pick your mind on Saturday about the comlink.
    SEEEEE YAAAA!!!

9. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    The E-11 seems to be Standard Imperial Issue to it's troopers.

The movies never show a TIE pilot with a weapon (except the TIE itself of course), but if they were issued one for special circumstances, it would be an E-11 I think.

10. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    I myself use a (modified) old Kenner Han Solo blaster with my TIE Pilot costume. I made a boot holster that I can take on & off to hold it (for stuff where I need to go "cannon")

My ultimate goal is to modify a Scout Trooper set-up to use, blaster & boot holster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.