main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TIE Pilot question

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by texasstatedelrio, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texasstatedelrio

texasstatedelrio Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    Were the pilots in the TIE fighters clones? In Revenge of the Sith, all the Republic Pilots were clones.

2. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    No they weren't, with a little EU explaination of course. The guy (Lt. Tanbris i think he's called) that tells Vader at the Battle of Yavin: "We count 30 rebel fighters....." is an ex-pilot and obviously not a clone. Listen to the voices of the other pilots and they clearly aren't a clone of Jango Fett.

3. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    While I am sure that there are some clones left in the Imperial Army, we don't "hear" of any in the OT. Whether or not they were removed completely I'm sure will be explained in future EU that takes place between E3 & E4. I know they began to recruit regular folks. I think it was in the ANH Radio Drama there was an act where Biggs and Luke were talking, and Biggs was talking about joining the Imperial Academy to become a pilot, or something to that effect. I could be wrong though...I have it all on cassette, and I don't own a cassette player anymore, so I can't verify.

EDIT: Typo's

4. CDR_Praji

CDR_Praji Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2005
    Not clones.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
  6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    This is a matter of opinion really.

According to the EU Han Solo was a TIE pilot

7. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Where in the EU does it read that he was specifically a TIE pilot? OS reads that he was a pilot, no mention of being a TIE pilot. There are non-TIE pilots in the Empire.

8. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    No, I believe Han was piloting freighters for the Empire, perhaps even at the helm of a small warship (but that's doubtful).

And as for clone pilots, that wouldn't make sense since Biggs went to the Academy... unless Biggs is a clone!

9. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    Although i'm not 100% sure whether Han was training to be a TIE pilot i read something about Baron Fel being only second to Han Solo. Seems the Baron was a TIE pilot maybe this implies Han was becoming a TIE Pilot too :confused:

10. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    In the Chewbacca comic it shows Han in a TIE fighter flightsuit with a helmet. That was when he rescued Chewie.

11. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Not all Clones are Jango Clones. Some are recruits from the Academy, said by Biggs in a cut line from ANH. Others are clones, some copies of Imperial officers, others, whats left of the 6000 Jango Clones that survived the Clone Wars.

12. lrdmonarch

Dec 14, 2001
    You're right, he was wearing a TIE pilot uniform. He's also leading the unit and is seen in an Imperial uniform beforehand. So he's an officer.

Edit: You know, if Lucas does decide to change the voices of all the armored personnel to that of Jango. The EU is really going to be messed up.

13. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It's all a mix of Jango clones, various other clones, and recruits. The ones shown in the OT happen to be recruits.

14. lrdmonarch

Dec 14, 2001
    But the one that hits its helmet on the door. Doesn't sound like a Jango clone. Yet Lucas specifically said that at least that one is a Jango clone.

15. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    We're taling about TIE Pilots NOT stormtroopers

BTW: GL is joking in the commentary about that part

16. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Also according to the EU, Biggs Darklighter, Hobbie, and other Rebel pilots were former Imperial pilots.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

17. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Actually, the "Academy" that Biggs went to was the Imperial Academy and the cut scene from Anchorhead has Biggs telling Luke that he is going to jump ship and join the Alliance. That is what a lot of Rebel Pilots did. They would get their training from the ones that they knew they would be fighting.

18. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Thanks JediMasterBac...that's exactly what I was refering to here in the ANH Radio Drama:

Thanks for the memory refresh :)

19. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004

20. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Which is precisely why the Boba voice change wasn't needed. [face_whistling]

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

21. texasstatedelrio

texasstatedelrio Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    So what happened to all the clone pilots from the Clone Wars? Were they all dead/retired by the time of ANH?

22. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    That's possible, or they had retired. Because of their grwoth acceleration [2x faster] they would have aged 38 years between ROTS and ANH. If they were already 20-30 then they would be in the 60-70 age range, not likely they were still in service.

23. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Except for the fact that Boba spent the first ten years of his life with Jango, and was heard to have his accent at a young age. So, the change was needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.