main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Til human voices wake us: Journal of Leela Radian Kyp/OC Completed: 01.20.08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by iamobiwan1970, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Kyp's convinced he isn't good enough for her. He is indeed an idiot! Thanks for your kind words. I hope you are traveling for fun during your "leave" from the boards. Someone will hopefully slap Kyp upside the head soon!

Thanks! Ahhh...a universe of Kyp's...probably would get boring after awhile. :p

Leo is a salesman, don't ever forget that! Thanks for reading and commenting.

2. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    This is post 1,000 for me !!!!!!!! [face_dancing] Enjoy more "fun" with Leela and Leo! [face_frustrated]

6/25/33

It?s been awhile, and that?s because I have been living, working and dating Leo with the bronze colored hair and the kilometer wide smile of perfect teeth, amber colored eyes and relaxed attitude. He?s in marketing for a firm that has clients as diverse as speeders to medications. His looks can?t hurt his ability to do his job more effectively, since his success depends on impressing clients, and I have to admit I?ve enjoyed his attempts at impressing me.

Let?s just say this once. It?s been a month and no word from Kyp. I haven?t even spoken to Jaffir in over two weeks. I?m glad I didn?t try to get him at the offices in Denon. Maybe Kyp really did mean it when he said he didn?t love me. No, he does, or he did. And I know I still have feelings for him, but one thing I learned from losing Davion is that you have to go on. You have the right to enjoy yourself and so I am doing my best to put him out of my mind. After all, it was only a three month relationship, only three months, and that is nothing compared to what I had with Davion. It hurts, but I will move on.

So back to Leo! He is really growing on me! I know I thought he was a bit of a bragging bore when I first met him, but it?s just his confidence showing through. I did go to see him play Lemmie, and it is a really astral sport. Okay, it doesn?t hurt that the men all have great bodies and their uniforms leave little to the imagination. Leo is such a focused player, very skilled and though he was a good team player, he was also their leader. He scored for them once, but with a final score of 2-1, it isn?t easy to do. (yes?of course his team won). I get the feeling Leo has always had exactly what he wanted out of life.

He told me of how he plans out each five year segment of life. His university time, his practice in the field as a marketer, his advanced training and relocation to Hanna City?and now as he states it: his mission of completion, finding a woman to share his universe with. I have to say I like a man with goals and ambitions. He certainly has them. He is 32 and in the relationship phase. I guess he has never been serious before, he?s concentrated on his career, but now he is shifting focus.

Where do I fit with the focus?

Later...

Leo and I were discussing work and somehow he asked me what Jedi do. So here I am trying to explain the Force to Leo!

?If it is a mystical energy field, then why can?t we tap into it?? He looked at me with a curiousity I'd never seen in him before.

?That?s the thing, we exist in it, and are a part of its energy, but we can?t latch onto it, very few can.?

?And those who can are a bunch of crazy sorcerers.? He smirked, obviously thinking himself funny. His look changed when he saw me glare. ?Did I offend you?? He moved closer and smiled almost seductively rather than penitently. ?I slipped, I forgot he is one of them of course, you know, it?s news to me that they let them date.?

It was my turn to laugh. ?Jedi are just regular beings.?

?No they are not, you just said yourself they can harness the Force. I?m not saying any of this is wrong, it?s just rare. And you were dating a Jedi. I?ve never met anyone who had. I apologize for my frankness.?

He seemed to mean it. It was odd to see him so curious when normally he was so calm and self assured.

The then asked me the question I didn?t want to answer. ?Why did you break up??
    I should have just told him to mind his own business, but I answered that it was too complicated to go into, but Leo had to go on.

?Is it because of his past?? I nodded.

?I?ve been a careful man my whole life...reputation is important.?

?You sound like my mother.?

?Is that a bad thing?? He countered.

?Could be, depends what you think about mine.?

?Yours? It?s flawless! You selflessly give of yourself at the refugee camps. You save l

3. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Leela's falling for this guy... He does sound great but---but...:_|

Kyp! Get your head out of the kriffin' sand or you are going ot lose the best thing that ever happened to you!! [face_frustrated]

Awesome update, Obi... I loved it. =D=

[:D]

FL @};-

4. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Grrr...Leo would make a perfect match for Lumiya[face_skull] ...Their names start with the same letter at least...:D
    Ok, it was just a loose idea I don't like him. (Most probably becase of Kyp- although he may be absolutely ok. otherwise).
    Let him make a ...little accident???[face_devil] (The taxi-driver was a bit clumsy, and uh...bye Leo...:cool:)

Emmm, I'm shutting up. I feel my comments today are a bit weird...

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Oh God...Kyp Durron, you idiot!
    She's falling for Leo! I, personally, don't like Leo much.

I hope he knows what he's doing. And I hope he gets his butt moving!

Can't wait for more. ;)

6. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    The good weather has drawn my attention outside and made me remiss in my writing (Flowerlady, I still don't know how you do it all!) Here is some more. Thanks to all those who hang on! :D

6/26/33

Oh dearest journal...how I have neglected you! Why! I have been just too busy mixing my time between the camps and Hanna City.

We are getting the permanent camp built!!!! I have waited so long for this. The beings here have been exceptionally patient. I am so pleased. A permanent camp will likely blend into Cass Village and eventually there will be no refugee camp, just a larger village with mixed citizens. That is my dream. I commed Lura to tell her the good news. She is in medical school now and doing very well! I?m so excited for her, what a difference over her experience and chances on Ryloth! Sometimes there is equity in this universe!!!!

The permanent camp will be built by mostly refugee members! AND they will be paid. This is the first step towards bringing everything into balance.

I couldn?t wait to share the news. So I told Lura, and then, after my two week ban on any communication with them, I broke down and commed my parents. Mom was happy to hear from me and did not bring up our disastrous dinner party, nor did she ask about Kyp. I?m sure Doreena had already given her some information. Doreena is really pleased I am dating Leo; so I?m sure my mom is fully updated on my social life, which is good, I don?t feel like sharing.

Guess what Mom had to say about the camps:

?That?s great, now the beings will be self sufficient and you can move back to Hanna. That?ll be great for your relationship with Leo. He?s been patient waiting for you to finish up at the camps. He?s such a good man.

?What makes him a good man mom??

?He?s well established, has goals, has a great history... a good family background. Works hard, seems honest. And he is handsome. What more could you want??

?True integrity? I mumbled, but she choose to ignore me.

?Your father and I would like to have the two of you to dinner.? That was the last thing I heard her say. My blood must have boiled in my veins. I screamed at her about being an elitist and ended the connection. I was still steaming and I wanted comfort. I wanted someone to tell me I was right and my mother was an insensitive fool.

So who did I contact?

You know who I wanted to contact?.but since that was not possible I tried Lura, no answer. So then I commed Leo. Of course he answered. I didn?t tell him he wasn?t my first choice.

First I told him about the camps. I wanted to test his response. I was a bit surprised.

?Will this mean a promotion for you?? I hadn?t thought of it that way, but I?ve been working hard and at least a raise in pay would be an appropriate reward. But I don?t know. I?m certainly not there for the credits; I would make three times this wage in private practice. But then I would never see healthy younglings running around and beings finding hope and rebuilding their lives instead of becoming depressed and fighting among themselves. My camp (I really think of it that way now) has the lowest rate of violence of all the camps of this continent. I?d like to think Kyp had something to do with it while he mediated here.

?We should celebrate this success! I?ll take you to dinner.? He paused, ?Do your parents know about this??

?Yes, I commed my mother first to tell her about the camps.? I resisted telling him how my mother was excited I would move back to Hanna City.

?I think I?d like to meet the people who created such a remarkable daughter.?

?You want them to come with us?? And that, dear diary, was how Leo negotiated the first meeting with my parents. It?s set for tomorrow evening. I?ll leave work early and fly down to Hanna to meet them. Leo said he was keeping the name of the restaurant a secret.

I wonder where he?s going to take us?

7. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Trust me Obi, I have no idea how I do it either....:p

I'm glad things are coming together for Leela but I don't know what I think of Leo. He just doesn't seem right for her and I hope she doesn't settle for him.

Great update and I hope for more soon....[:D]

FL @};-

8. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wow. I don't know if I like this Leo or not. I mean he sounds like a nice guy and all, but I don't know. Maybe it's just too soon for Leela to get serious about someone when things really just ended with Kyp.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Kyp just happened to return and be at that very restaurant at the same time they all are. Things would be very interesting then, that's for sure.

9. master_jade

Jan 27, 2006
    “Your father and I would like to have the two of you to dinner.”
    -Leelee's mom is pretty mean...[face_worried] She suggests something like that after how she and her husband treated Kyp!

And Leo is stuck-up and all to much self-assure!

What is Kyp doing, for the Galaxy's mercy?!?!

10. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Soon I will let you know where Kyp is! As for Leela's parents, they found the perfect man for their daughter! :rolleyes:

Yes, but how would Kyp feel if he saw Leela with Leo? [face_thinking] Knowing his typical behavior when irritated.....[face_thinking]

Thanks Flowerlady! More will be coming and we'll get some resolution on the Leo situation! I promise!

11. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Exactly. [face_whistling]

12. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Looking forward to an update!

13. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Sorry for the delay! I will get working on this section and get it up hopefully within a week.

Obi :D

14. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    A New Entry:

~~~~~~

6/28/33

My parents met Leo. It went very well. They like him. Are you surprised?

Leo surprised me by showing up in Cass at 14:00. I had planned to leave the camps after making a quick trip to the north ridge to check on a new baby, but as I was readying my supplies in the speeder Dansk told me he would take care of it. I guess Leo had talked to Dr. Miklev about me leaving early and needing tomorrow off for a special family celebration. Miklev is always agreeable in matters involving me; I think he?s happy I?ve stuck around for so long. I left the camps and when I arrived home there was Leo?s silver speeder parked in front of my apartment. So we left for Hanna in the afternoon rather than later. Leo took me to my parents? house and said he would return at 18:30. That?s when my mother so lovingly informed me where we were going to dinner: the Vounre Club!

?Leela, this is different now. Leo Suvari is a fine man, we are so pleased you are dating him.? The hurt and anger was written all over my face, and tears threatened to spill as I bit my trembling lip. ?Leela, he?ll be here any moment. Don?t let him see you crying like this, he?ll think you don?t like him.?

?Maybe I don?t.? I watched my father loose his patience.

?You have to let go of that rodder, the best thing he did was to leave this planet. Now, you can move on. Isn?t that what you always say??

My mother was just as gentle. ?Leo, is not to blame. Get into the fresher and pat your face dry, put on some make up, and stop acting like a baby.? My mother was being more forceful than my father for once. She probably thought this was a female duty to find the right man and give him your undivided attention and undying care!

But she was right that it really wasn?t Leo?s fault. No matter how angry I was at my parents, I didn?t need to act angry to him.

And so we went to the Vounre Club to celebrate the permanent camps. The camps that Kyp had so diligently campaigned for, all for me I suppose. All because he truly loved me at the time, or at least thought he did until I hurt him. My mind wandered easily. Sure these were my parents, and the beautiful man next to me was probably more than willing to take me as his bride, but I did not feel that they were my people. I did not feel comfortable, nor at home.

Kyp was someone I could trust and someone who understood me. Sure I was good at playing the games my parents, and even Leo enjoyed. You could take me out in public, I was respectable, I was cultured, but I was not happy there. In those places where humans, especially those born to more fortunate circumstances, believed they were entitled to more than others.

And I knew better. We were all the same; born in different places with different skins, but all the same. That?s how Dav always put it. Dav was an angel and that angel-or maybe even the Force, as Kyp would call it- spoke to me now. I knew I was right. I lived my life the way I wanted and even if that was not what my parents would have projected for me it was not my duty to please them. I knew what I wanted, and I knew I?d have to put up a fight to get it.

So there, at the ?the Club?, amid inane chatter, I decided to com Kyp?s Council office on Denon. I at least want to thank him and tell him about the camp. No, I wanted to hear his voice. I wanted him to return to me.

15. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I really don't like her mother!:mad:
    Yeah she's going to call Kyp...I don't think he'll be all that happy to hear from her though. :(

16. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh, with parents like hers, its wonder she isn't like Paris Hilton!!! :rolleyes:

[face_frustrated]

I'm so glad that she has decided to fight for what she believes in. Kyp is worth it!!!

Great updated!! =D=

FL @};-

17. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Great update. Glad to see that Leela is nothing like her parents.

MMM I wonder what Kyp will say when he answers, or even if he is still on Denon.

18. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi Lola! I've missed you. Where is Kyp? It is the big mystery?

Paris Hilton!!! [face_laugh] Now there's a superfluous life! Leela likes a life with meaning. However, I think her mother would prefer her to be like Paris Hilton!

I'm glad you hate here mother, you are suppose to find her shallow. I modeled her after a real life country club going/meddling mother I know of! If this poor lady only knew her personality ended up in my fan fiction! [face_shhh]

Well I have neglected this story long enough. My goal now is to come back to it and get it back to the full steam ahead I had going the first four months. I really fell into my other story. I've learned it's probably best to have one story at a time, but the plot bunnies! Oh they never leave you alone! :oops:

19. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    I hope you like this one.....it's the beginning of hope ;) that Kyp's coming back soon [hint hint] :D

Chandrila

6/29/33

Ugh! The convoluted intricacies of bureaucracy...or in short: stupid channels of command. I?m furious! I tried to do something so very simple and guess what? It was not simple at all. Jaffir gave me the comm frequency for the Advisory Council on Denon. I might as well have been trying to get through to Cal Omas himself. I spoke with at least half a dozen office assistants and was told repeatedly that Master Durron would return my call. Well, I don?t think he was getting my messages. Don?t these people believe in voice messages! I would have been more comfortable entering one myself. Maybe, if he could hear my voice he?d remember what we shared together. Or maybe he told the assistants to filter unwanted calls. Would Kyp consider my call unwanted? I?m so frustrated I could throw my comm into the wall and laugh with delight as it shattered into a million pieces. But I won?t. I think I?ll go for a walk!

When I got back from my walk there was a message. I raced to the table where my link lie and activated it, but it was not Kyp. It was from a Master Kenth Hamner who is also on the council. Master Hamner was surprised I had contacted him. After I explained I had used the frequency Jaffir had been given by Kyp and that I was actually trying for Kyp and not the council in general I think Master Hamner understood this was not a business call. He seemed a bit surprised when I described myself as Kyp?s girlfriend. I don?t know if that?s exactly the appropriate term to use, but not too long ago I was in love with him, and he with me. I?m not just his friend, not at all. Hamner said Kyp had left Denon, presumably for Chandrila, three days ago. Hamner must have picked up on the fact I sounded worried, but he said not to be, after all, this was Kyp and he often went off on his own without giving a destination. Master Hamner told me he?d contact me as soon as Kyp checked in.

Great! And right after I spoke to the Jedi, Leo called. He is able to come up to Cass the day after tomorrow. He wants to go further north and raft on the rapids. I should be excited about this. I like rafting, and I should like Leo. But now all I can think about is Kyp. I hope he is all right. If he?s returned to Chandrila then where is he?

I need to get my gear together for this rafting trip. It?s been over ten years since I went, but Leo, being all athletic and sport minded insisted I would be fine and he would be there to help me. I should be impressed by his manliness, right?

Leo is such a thrill seeker and can be so reckless for a man who has his whole life planned out to five year segments. He makes rapid rafting seem like a sport for the old. Perhaps he just wants to test my skills as a doctor? :rolleyes:

And on top of it all Leo is being more flirty and suggestive with me. I?m not certain I want to be anything more to him and if I don?t have a good chat with him soon I will be leading him on.

I?m trying to relax and enjoy myself, but I can?t get Kyp out of my head. I feel like I had no closure?he just ran off when things got tough. I?d love to see him just to give him a piece of my mind. No, I?d just love to see him. I hate myself for being so spineless, but I really love Kyp and want to see him. I?m ready to mend our problems and move on.

~~~~~~~~

Later

?Ready?? Leo held open the storage door on the big blue transport he?d rented for this trip. I placed my gear inside and gave him a quick smile, but he held my gaze. I felt like prey, something desired and maybe delicious, and I blushed. Not because I?m a prude, but because his look made me realize I don?t feel the same way. After that look, he went to the passenger side and lifted the door for me. ?This park is very new and I find it quite challenging, but I know you?ll be able to handle it.?

?Why is that??

?Because of how

20. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm glad that Leela finally let go of Leo. She's right, to stay with him any longer was to lead him on. He needs to go find someone who fits in wiht his lifestyle more.

Kyp, you knucklehead, you had better get there soon!!! [face_frustrated]

Oh but I can only imagine the gosip after the next council meeting...:p

Great job!!! =D=

FL @};-

21. master_jade

Jan 27, 2006
    I felt like someone might be watching

Was that Kyp?[face_thinking] (You wrote he returned to Chandrila...)
    Then he might have got all the wrong ideas after seeing Leela and Leo kiss and then go inside the house. (AND he probably didn't wait long (or rather short:D) enough to see him go out). Am I by any chance correct? If so, I sense new troubles in the future :D...

22. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005

Oh, I think you are on to something!!!! :D

Yes, now the members of the council will find out Kyp has a girlfriend. You won't see that though since this is first person, but yes, now they know.

Thanks for reading!

And thanks to whoever gave this a Nomination! Cool! :cool:

23. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    If you're wondering what Kyp is up to and what's in his stubborn head, I have written a vignette called Do I Dare?

There will be a total of three parts. Then it will be all back to Leela. Thanks! :D

24. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Leo was kind of [face_tired] no wonder her parents liked him :p

even when it's cruel - good that she broke up ;)

once again I?m sorry that I fell behind [:D]

like the turn of events :D

- Mags

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm kind of sad to see Leo go. He wasn't a bad guy, I guess. But I agree that Kyp was watching and not only saw that kiss, which was Leela's fault for returning it btwy, but left right after.

That would be just like him.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm quite behind on the reading these days. I'll get to the other piece soon, so I can find out what the heck Kyp is thinking. Or if he's even thinking at all. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.