main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Wonderland, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    The SCORE? Really? Elfman's Batman is right up there with Williams's Superman as far as I'm concerned. Heck, it's up there with Raiders when it comes to iconic themes.

And Keaton is still the best live-action Batman. Bale may look more like a guy who can kick ass and take names, but unlike Keaton I have little interest in his character outside of said ass-kicking.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Hey, Val Kilmer did an excellent job of impersonating Keaton. That's about the only good thing in Batman 3.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I might have defended this before, but that trailer was horrible. I've got to agree that the design if off. The aethetics just don't work for me at all. Tim Burton missed the mark on this one.
    I've lost interest.

4. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I am probably not going to see this. For whatever reason, I have not ever been too impressed with Burton's work. Just not my style. The only film of his that I did like was Sleepy Hollow.

5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Actually I can't stand any of Elfman's "Iconic" scores/themes. And even the Spider-Man score (which I should be evidently biased towards) I have great issue with.

6. The_Smirking_Revenge

The_Smirking_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2008
    The trailer looks promising, but why does it seem that the Mad Hatter has a bigger role than is required? Why is he narrating the thing? Because it's Johnny Depp?

I'm torn, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna be just like Willy Wonka...Total disaster.

Prove me wrong, Burton.

-T_S_R

7. X-Factor

X-Factor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2009
    I'm not a big fan of Tim Burton, I don't like his weird sort of goth style, but I'm willing to give this movie a chance, out of simple curiosity.

8. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Even though Tim Burton isn't my favorite film maker, his style fascinates me, and I do like a few of his films. I actually enjoyed Charlie and the Chocolate factory, so I'll probably enjoy Alice in Wonderland too. The trailer makes the film look promising in my opinion.

9. Jan_Wahlor

Jan_Wahlor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2009
    I give it a shot, it reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate to much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.