Oregon Tim Zahn and Survivor's Quest

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JadenSkywalker, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadenSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    A couple of weeks ago the publicist for Del Rey said that Timothy Zahn would be coming to Portland during his tour for Survivor's Quest Today the final schedule for his tour was released, and Portland was not listed as one of the cities he will be visiting.

Where did we go wrong? :_|
  2. crashdown Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Lets see.

We are not Seattle.

We are not San Francisco.

That's where we went wrong.
  3. JadenSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, we had the chance. She said Zahn was coming to Portland "for sure". But it really has to do with how many people would buy the book here. How big is the Portland fan base?
  4. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I would say from meeting alot of people at the Portland ComicBook Show that there is a SW Fanbase but people don't show it on their sleeves like we do. Tim Zahn does live in Oregon though... A lot of other SW authors live in the N.W. area. Maybe if we buy two copies he'll come.
  5. JadenSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    jawafett ? [face_laugh] Buy two copies! I don't have enough money! But if that's what it takes. . . ;)

By the way, who is the "we" you are referring to?
  6. jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Authors may write the novels , but I'm sure publishing companys have their say on scheduling appearances. It would be great though that if authors that live in the state, make an appearance. As for the "WE" comment, I refer to those that know about the fanbase and show their support of it by posting on a SW Forum website, showing up to FF meetings, planned events, movie premires, book signings, comic book/collector shows...I could keep going on. I'm sure the local Cloud City Squad-Garrison Titan could help anyone out who wants join them for events such as traveling to Seattle for a book signing.
  7. Jedi_Kai Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry folks.....Seattle DOES get the authors. We had James Luceno for the release date of his New Jedi Order book. Tim Zahn will be here 16 Feb (the Monday of the Pres. Day holiday).

Possibly 2 reasons:
    1. Del Rey has a contact at a local book store who is also a member of the Seattle Star Wars group(s).

2. Seattle Star Wars costumers always respond to Del Rey's invitation to come in costume to make the event more interesting to the general public. For Luceno's booksigning, we had 18 people in costume (not counting the members' children, also in costume).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.