Tim Zahn coming to a bookstore near you!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrnJalera Jedi Knight

star 3
    Me too. I'll be there.
  2. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I found another big Timothy Zahn fan on campus, too. SHE CAN COME!!
    What about your new friend? Doesn't any one at Oberlin have transportation??? I wish I could help you DHW, Oberlin is a long way from Parma (in the opposite direction).

Random..."I may have homework" blah, blah we've heard that before! :D You going or not dude?

February 9th @ 7:00 PM Joseph Beth Booksellers
    Krash
    JJJ
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
    Jedi_BMack
    Anrev
    Malo-Ha
    Commander-DWH (and friend?)
    Douz
    GrnJalera
  3. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    What about your new friend? Doesn't any one at Oberlin have transportation???

Well, seeing as we're both first years, no, we don't have transportation. But maybe (and I'll have to look this up) we can take the Lorain County Transit into Cleveland, and perhaps someone could pick us up there?
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we can take the Lorain County Transit into Cleveland, and perhaps someone could pick us up there?
    Where does it dropp you off? Someone should be able to meet up with ya.

I showed everyone at the meeting the "bookmark/insert" that I've been working on with Joseph Beth. After some minor additions, it'll be ready for print. Should be good publicity for us!
  5. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Okay, the LCT takes us to the Cleveland airport. If what my friends tell me is correct, then it will be about an hour's journey, so departure time will all depend on when we're going to be at the store. I'll definitely do some asking around once I'm back on campus in a week. Blah. Break has been entirely too short, man. Oh well. I can't wait to go see Zahn! :D
  6. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Make sure there's enough driving time in this crummy Cleveland weather, though. It can turn a 45 minute trip into a 2 hour trip.
  7. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Krash
    JJJ
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
    Jedi_BMack
    Anrev
    Malo-Ha
    Douz
    GrnJalera
    Skyedancer

I am trying to get some time off for this event and hopefully, my supervisor has enough notice. [face_mischief]
  8. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    Skyedancer this where you practice your Jedi mind tricks. **you will give me the night off** Bribery might also work, chocolate is good. [face_laugh]

Failing that you arrange ahead of time to trade off with a coworker then present it to your supervisor in your best "see how I'm trying to make sure you have coverage" manner.

Is anyone from another Fanforce coming in?
  9. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Columbus was talking about it...nothing definate.

I've been looking around other SW fan groups (Rebel Legion and 501st) and checking the old posts (for long-lost users) letting them know about the event.
  10. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    Krash
    JJJ
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
    Jedi_BMack
    Anrev
    Malo-Ha
    Douz
    GrnJalera
    Skyedancer
    DVR?
    Midichlorians?

My dad said he'd try to make it. If he can't then I'll see if my mom can take me up there.
  11. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    If you can get as far as Fairlawn (and get picked up) I can take you with the Cindy's (skydancer and JJJ) and myself. Just let me know, David. ;)
  12. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    hey kim... i work just down on ghent rd right past smith (just a bit off of 18/market st)... when are you leaving to go up? i'll be getting off at 5... best i could do for that day

-b-
  13. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    I would be working until 5 as well. We've met at my office in the past.
  14. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll probably be going straight from work. But this is ALOT closer to me than I thought. So I might have enough time to go home first.
  15. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I just got the copies of the flyer that I've been working on for Joseph Beth...they look good! Once I drop these off with them (which they'll distribute to customers before the event...we should be able to get a better turnout.

Cindy, have you gotten in contact with anyone from Rebel Legion? I already passed the word over to Ohio Garrison (and registered for their boards ;) ) So now, it's a matter of finding any book clubs out there that have fans of Zahn.
  16. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    *crosses fingers* If Liz doesn't have any theatre stuff, then she can borrow Danny's car, and she, Rachel and I can drive there and back without issue. If not, I think I have someone in the Classics Hall to bribe.
  17. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If not, I think I have someone in the Classics Hall to bribe.
    Now...that's the spirit! :D
  18. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I have karate class 5:30-7:10 on Mondays. I don't think I'll make it, because I'll probably forget to go after class. D'OH!
  19. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    kim... ok, so, uh... where's you office at?

PM or IM me :D

-b-
  20. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! I got a new top (on sale ;)) that will work well for my Mara costume. That tank gets a little cold in the winter. I'm planning on wearing my costume to the book signing since Mara is Zahn's creation. :)

Anyone else wanna dress up?
  21. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Anyone else wanna dress up?

Well, I still have my Jedi costume from Halloween. And I've kind of wanted an excuse to dye my hair red. Mara in her more responsible days? :D
  22. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I'm planning on wearing my costume to the book signing since Mara is Zahn's creation.
    That would be a great idea Kim (you aslo DHW) I already told Joseph Beth that I'm tring to get some local stormtroopers from Ohio Garrison to show up in their gear! We jedi need to represent our side of the Force as well!!!
  23. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    :p
    It depends on what part of Mara's history you are talking about. She was on the Imperial side for a long time, remember, even if she was technically Force-neutral. ;)
  24. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    I might dress in my Leia costume...man, I want a new costume (or a better Leia)!!!
  25. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all of the material for my Jedi costume, but I'm got going to make it until I stop growing so fast. Probably in about a year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.