Tim Zahn coming to a bookstore near you!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Congrats on the post milestone Kim!

"We've got company!"
    There is a squad from Ohio Garrison making the trip from Hamilton/Columbus! And you can bet your lightsaber that means armor (so Kim and Cindy, it's all up to you to uphold the honor of JKOC)

I'm going JKOC T-shirt...since I have a feeling I will be doing alot of PR work that evening (on several levels) so it's street clothes for me!

2. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    There is a squad from Ohio Garrison making the trip from Hamilton/Columbus! And you can bet your lightsaber that means armor

YAY! :)

(so Kim and Cindy, it's all up to you to uphold the honor of JKOC)

And me the RL. :D
  3. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats on the post milestone Kim!
    :D Thanks

"We've got company!"
    There is a squad from Ohio Garrison making the trip from Hamilton/Columbus!

Cool! :cool:
    I haven't met them since I couldn't go to the cookout this summer. ;)

And you can bet your lightsaber that means armor (so Kim and Cindy, it's all up to you to uphold the honor of JKOC)
    Excellent. And my new top to use, too. ;)
    With other in costume, too, this should make for great scrapbook pages. :D
  4. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    The award for Zahn is finished! Finding a frame on sale at JoAnn Fabrics is a beautiful thing...thanks Kim!

It sounds like the best plan will be for the Akron group to eat before heading up (Kim's idea)...we'll all meet at either Joseph Beth or nearby restaurant. Depending on Ohio Garrison's ETA...we can all sit/chat/eat as needed. Then head over to JB for Zahn!
  5. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. I'll have pizza waiting at my office. That way we can eat whle waiting for everyone to show up.

If the Clevelanders decide to eat up there, we can join them for desert if we get up there in time. ;)

Who all is coming with me? And what is your pizza preference? I'm basically a carnivore. ;)
  6. skyedancer Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yum, I love pizza! :D I am coming with you, Kim, and I too am a carnivore but please no hot banana peppers or the like for me. Please let me know how much to contribute to the pizza. If it isn't this Hoth-like that evening, maybe I'll wear my JKOC t-shirt.
  7. Malo-ha Jedi Knight

star 2
    What time does the Cleveland contingent want to meet to eat? Are we eating at Yours Truely then?

Krash if the tshirts are ready are you going to bring them along?

Should I go out and buy a copy and read it beforehand or do I buy a copy of it there?
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Who's the hardest workin' RSA in the business...again, it's MaraJadeFan! But I've been busy today!

Directions: (this will work for both the Akron contingent (77) and our friends from Ohio Garrison (Columbus and beyond)
    Taking I77 North (or I71 North)...both freeways merge with I-490E (not 480...don't get them mixed up)

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/269.jpg]
    Stay on 490 until it ends at E. 55th street (turn left)
    Go north, until you hit Woodland Ave (turn right)...it'll be at a 1:00 angle from the intersection (there's 2 streets at funny angles at that light).

Keep going on until you come to Buckeye Road (turn right) If you think you've gone too far and missed Buckeye...don't worry it'll be there.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/4045.jpg]
    Now for the tricky part...as your cruising along Buckeye, there will be a slight incline...and a stop light. TURN LEFT (10:00) onto Shaker Blvd. I almost missed the turn, because there were 2 streets on the left.

And from there...it's a "trench run" straight shot into Shaker Square!

FOOD/Parking:
    After dropping off the flyers at JB, I did a little recon of the area.

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/hiding.jpg]
    There's a huge parking lot behind JB (last time we were running late...and paid parking meters, frell that) And the parking lot doesn't cost a thing (there's also one behind the movie theater directly across from JB)

[image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/aotc_dvd013.jpg]
    There was Captain Tony's...it's small, but they said if we call ahead we could take over da place. And there is Yours Truely...and while they have more room, I think they'd freak out over a bunch of jedi/stormtroopers come a waltzing in. So it's up to the Cleveland "contingent" of where we want to make the meeting place at?

Malo-Ha...I would suggest buying the book @ JB...part of the reason the make the investment in events like this (and work with groups like us) ;)

February 9th @ 7:00 PM Joseph Beth Booksellers
    Krash
    JJJ
    Jade-Walker
    Padawan92
    Jedi_BMack
    Anrev
    Malo-Ha
    Commander-DWH (and friend?)
    Douz
    GrnJalera
    Skyedancer
    DVR?
    Midichlorians?

PLUS, squad from Ohio Garrison (Force help us..this should be "interesting")

BTW, Cindy...no whacking the troopers! Troopers are friends (not food)
    [image=http://www.elkstheatre.com/posters/finding-nemo.jpg]

EDIT: Krash if the tshirts are ready are you going to bring them along?
    IF DVR and Commander DHW can get their checks into me by early next week...I can go to Premiere and pick them up. Including Zahn's shirt!!!!
  9. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    wow...that is what happens when someone has A LOT of time on thier hands! ;)

Geoff and I will be heading down after I get home from school or so....so I don't know when that is!
  10. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    I used to work at Captain Tony's. Don't eat there.
  11. JarJarJedi Force Ghost

star 6
    BTW, Cindy...no whacking the troopers! Troopers are friends (not food)

ha ha... anyways, they are the allies of the RL, so I can't really fight them. :p

Kim, I like anything on my pizza... I love the Extravaganza (however the fancy way that they spell it. ;)) Feast from Dominos (with bacon... and ranch dressing ;)). But it doesn't matter, I'll eat it if you got it. ;)

EDIT: And I'm going to get the book beforehand if I find it for 15% off... unless they usually have a sale on them when the books come out. I'm a little short on money right now. :(
  12. lavagrrrl Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi guys! I'm a huge book geek, and I'd love to make the journey to Cleveland for this opportunity. I'll be coming from the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, so any advice on how to get there would be awesome.

Thanks!! :D

PS. If you need a princess to keep the troopers in line, I could always pack the senatorial robes. ;)
  13. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    IF DVR and Commander DHW can get their checks into me by early next week...I can go to Premiere and pick them up. Including Zahn's shirt!!!!

It's going out in the mail tomorrow when I go to pick up my package at the post office! :D
  14. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I forgot to mention. I can provide the musical entertainment for the evening. iPod filled with SW music. Such as the Imperial March as the ST's march in. :D
  15. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    If I end up going, I could wear my Vader helmet and "Luke, Don't Force It, Luke" shirt. Hehe.
  16. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    lavagrrrl...glad to have you! I haven't been up to your part of the woods for some time...so my directions are a little fuzzy. Try Superpages.com and enter Joseph Beth Booksellers as the destination
    13217 Shaker Square, Cleveland, OH 44120

...and your address for the starting point

The rest is easy (just follow the directions)
  17. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Just FYI, a slight family emergency has come up.

My mom's having surgery on Friday, and my friends have conspired to get me home for it. Seeing as Monday is the first day of classes, I fully intend to be back on campus on Sunday. But should something go horribly wrong, heaven forbid, I might not be there. My friends probably will, even if I don't.

Odds are, I'll be there. But just in case, I thought I'd let you know.
  18. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    If I end up going, I could wear my Vader helmet and "Luke, Don't Force It, Luke" shirt
    That's why I'm going to dress as "normal" as possible, I can't be thought as in a group with you! ;)

All I want to do is meet Zahn, pick up his book, and get out of town without being humiliated.
  19. Whitelighter Jedi Padawan

What makes you so great that you think Eric wants to be seen with you anyway? ;) That wasn't very nice, what crawled up your butt today?
  20. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing...well maybe its because I have to watch the Superbowl today...*crawls into corner, make it stop!* Or maybe its just I want to be semi-normal for once with this group in public!
  21. Whitelighter Jedi Padawan

Just thought I'd ask...seems like you were just picking on Eric. I understand, however, I don't think this group will ever be normal in public. :) But no matter what...friends are always a good thing to have, no matter how weird :p ;)
  22. Padawan92 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah...then again I was the one in BRIGHT WHITE Leia costume last year in the middle of Cleveland dueling after the Force game! Can't call myself normal either way! :D
  23. Jade-Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    *shrugs* I'm enjoying my second childhood. :D
    I like dressing up.
    But I figured being Mara was especially appropriate in this case. ;)
  24. Jedi_BMack Jedi Master

star 4
    wow, whitelighter... what crawled up your butt? as i haven't seen you post much and you've just registered in Dec, I'll take it unpon myself to note that we all pick on eric!! it's part of the fun. he's the one that takes it for the team, the proverbial wingman if you will...

and Em, you should know better... i'm gonna be there... no shot at being normal... :D

-b-
  25. Whitelighter Jedi Padawan

Alright, didn't really know...but I suppose that if Eric doesn't care...you have asked him right...as for what crawled up my butt... [face_mischief]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.