Tim Zahn coming to a bookstore near you!

Discussion in 'Cleveland, OH' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    **Gives Geoff a hug too.** Sorry I missed the book signing :( but now I'm in the House of Healing--physical therapy (LOTR reference) so my back should be improving.
  2. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    " *big hug and pat on the back* "

The first time I read that I thought it said b... Never mind. [face_blush]
  3. Padawan92 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :D :D :D :D

Nice to hear all of you guys thanking (and giving hugs ;) to Geoff), sometimes I think he might feel a little under-appreciated.

Hope you feel better Skye!
  4. ashliepink Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Looks like I missed a good time........
  5. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I think he might feel a little under-appreciated
    That's about it...yeah! Thanks ya'll, I know everyone said they had a good time...but it's nice to feel appreciated (I worked my tail off on this one)

so my back should be improving
    Glad to hear...them elves can do wonders with the back can't they? :D

Looks like I missed a good time
    We all had a really good time with Zahn...hopefully we've built a good relationship with Joseph-Beth where they'll bring more SW authors to Cleveland! All we gotta do now is get them to work on the lighting ;)
  6. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Jeez Geoff, I'm sorry. But it just feels like you love to take things out on me... a lot... and I really really hate it.

You did do a good job, and thank you.
  7. Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan

star 4
    not just you... we take things out on eric too... kinda like a 60/40 split i think.

just remember how much dren i took for not having the website up... don't hear me up in arms... i think everyone needs to not worry about little crap and congratulate others more on things done well. we'll all do better that way. just remember, ideas and constructive criticism are all cool... i anticipate them no matter what i'm working on.

example:
    Krash here here! good job! no criticism, just an idea. keep all the contacts together for us. if you're ever going to leave this coordinating position, pass on all the contacts, maybe work with someone else to build continuity.

-b-
  8. DonC Jedi Master

star 4
    Make some room for me on this bandwagon. Geoff did a lot of work on this Zahn thing, then, to top it all off, wanted to know if I wanted to give Zahn his t-shirt and honorary membership thing.

That's beyond nice. Obviously, I turned him down. I didn't do squat for this event; I wasn't going to take the spotlight.

Good job, Geoff.
  9. Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didnt know that Don. THAT should tell everyone what kind of person Geoff is.

Cindy, Geoff's not mad at you. He knows you were just having a little fun at his expense. He knows you wernt doing it to be mean. But I think you and the other ppl who made a comment, hurt his feelings. He was the "boss" and now is the "bosses boss" and as such is subject to being the center of attention. Good, bad or in fun. But being the brunt of everyones jokes can grate on ppl after a while. Your not the only person who does it. I do too. I could venture to say everyone has at least once. All I'm saying is everyone needs to be aware of what they are saying. We are all friends here, but how well do we actually know one another?

Geoff, Im sure you can tell that Cindy was a little upset at how you responded. I think you've probably hurt her feelings too. I know your job is tough. Lots of blood, sweat and tears with little thanks for the effort. The thanks is there. Its just not expressed to you enough. For that I apologize. I'm as guilty as anyone else. Could you have handled the situation differently? Yeah probably. But did you get you point across? You bet you did. No question there. I know your frustration. We've talked about it. And now everyone else knows it too.

Geoff, Cindy. If you havnt already. I would like the both of you to PM each other and express you feelings. I am not asking for you guys to apologize. Just talk.

To everyone else. Be aware of what you are saying. We are all friends here but as I said. How well do you know the ppl you are talking to? Am I sayng that we shouldnt poke fun at one another? No. We just need to remember that the ppl here who are set in a position of leadership, do the things that they do for FREE. They expend the effort and time out of love for our community. Geoff,Cindy, Don, Will, BMack, and whoever else do a great job. Everyone else needs to remember that and tell them from time to time.

Now everyone get back in the sand box and play nice.
  10. skyedancer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Anrev, Don, and Brian, Thank you for your comments. I guess you all (especially Anrev) deserve the Dr. Phil award for being peacemakers today.

Now everyone get back in the sand box and play nice.
    Yes. Let's all remember why we are here. For fun and socializing, I hope! And let's try not to scare away potential members who may be lurking out there! In case anyone doubts my intentions, this is written with a friendly smile on my face--not to single any one person out for criticism. And I agree Cindy and Geoff perhaps should communicate in person. It's so easy to misinterpret the written word.

11. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Apparently, we didn't keep Zahn around long enough...he made it to the Minnesotta event! ;)

Not only did they meet/sign books...but they took him out to dinner! Ya hear that "Your's Truley"...frell up my plan again will ya? Next time we'll take whatever SW author come to town to Captain Tony's for some really good pizza!!!!

'Za with Zahn...I can see it now!!!
  12. Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.