main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Tim Zahn coming to a bookstore near you!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DelReyPublicity, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axraupp

axraupp Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    Today's the day, and well, damit if I didn't come down with a bad cold. Since my medical system in my armor isn't working properly, I won't be able to make it tonight.

Have fun folks, wish I were there.

-Alex

2. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I should be able to make it by 6:30, if all goes well. :)

*Jadis*

3. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    No Worries about the dinner situation. Del Rey has advised Mr. Zahn to be at the location early to sign the extra's in advance and part of our job will be to keep the event moving along. Folks need to eat! and the kitchen at Santorini's doesn't close till late (11ish) Those who can dine are still welcom to accompany us and if it get's a little late for some I understand!!!
    Reb

4. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Ok that will be cool here is what i am bringing

The Trilogy on VHs

3 figures
    and an exter prize if needed

i should be there 5:30 or 6ish

5. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, I posted in the dinner thread, but neglected to post here..I will be there and in jedi garb.

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Wow. What a great night. Mr Zahn is a really really nice man.

It was fantastic meeting him. We had a great showing too. I hope my Rebel knocking the empire jokes were not too over the top. sometimes I can make an Ass out of myself when I get on a roll. [face_blush]

I'll get my pictures up tomorrow. KOTOR is calling me tonight and I don't feel like shrinking and uploading rate now. :)

7. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I wanna seeeeeeeeee pictures!

8. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I had a blast!! :D

I'll get my pics up (hopefully) in the next couple of days.

9. Master_Eki

Master_Eki Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Last night was a blast! Had a great time..

10. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Did anybody get the specs on the pens he was using for signing? I know somebody asked about them during the early-bird signing, but I didn't hear all that was said.

It was a good Q & A session. What did you folks who took him to dinner learn from him?

11. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I had a fantastic time! :D :D :D I'm sorry I wasn't able to go to dinner, but it was probably for the best since I had a raging headache before I got home. Mr. Zahn was very nice about signing my large stack of books (though I was glad I wasn't the only one with that many, Nyree ;)).

*Jadis*

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Last night was a lot of fun. :D

I dropped my pictures off at Target about a half hour ago and will pick them up tomorrow. I'll probably scan some of them at school then tomorrow afternoon/evening.

13. ssdesigner

ssdesigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2002
    Had a great time! It was good to see everyone again and remind you all what my name is (no, I'm still not Joe Selle :b) LOL....I kiiiid!

I told Mr. Zahn that for me, he DID re-start the Star Wars universe. I always liked the films but his books were the spark for alot of people. Now that that flame has been re-lit for me there's no looking back, I'm hooked for life :)

Thanks for everyone that set that up, very nice turnout!!

-SS

14. KFisto_352

KFisto_352 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    that was really fun and i like the t-shirt that i got from the trivia contest. mr zhan was really nice and the table certainly attracted a lot of people

15. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I told Mr. Zahn that for me, he DID re-start the Star Wars universe.

I told him my story, that I was having a bad day at college when I saw Heir to the Empire at the local Waldenbooks, and I thanked him for restoring my faith in the Force.

Then, just as I was about to shake his hand, some pushy Imperial deck officer introduced herself and grabbed his hand before I had the chance. :mad:

:p

Just teasing, Reb. :D I shook his hand after you left. :)

16. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    the people demand pictures!

17. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I got mine developed. :D They all turned out great! But we forgot to get a shot of the whole group... oops. We only got a shot of the costumed people.

But I forgot to purchase my pics before I left work this evening..... Bad Ny! :mad:

I should have them tomorrow evening tho.

18. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    That was a great dinner. Timothy Zahn is a very nice man and very interesting to listen to.

19. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    some pushy Imperial deck officer [face_laugh] LOL. That should be her new Signature.

Hey Riibu. No pictures yet but I'll go one better.

I have a book signed to you from him. :) Hope that helps. Just let me know when and where to send it.

And for the record Liz is the one that actually took it to him to get signed. Mine too for that matter. I was busy getting piloted up and trying to irritate all the imperials there. :)

And Knight-Ander You think you had problems.

I come out of the bathroom in half my costume and Eki and I are trying to snap the rest together and Minnesota Jones goes "Hey Doug, You know who this is?" pointing to a Man standing at our table and Guess what? IT's HIM!!!!!! :eek: How embarrassing. There I am meeting Mr Zahn with pilot parts falling off of me. [face_blush]

I am not usually one to be googily about meeting Celbs and what not but Meeting the person I think of as second only to George himself in the Star Wars Universe was a very big deal to me. I get weird when I am nervious so I apologize for any dippy things I may have done.

Other than pinching Eki's behind. I usually do that anyway. [face_mischief]

20. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Thanks for getting the book for me, Doug! (And Liz, too, apparently!)

I let you know where to send it as soon as I know. :)

21. Dragonjedi78

Dragonjedi78 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    That was one fun time!! It was a great turnout! Mr. Zahn was totally cool! I learned some stuff from him and I totally would love the chance to speak with again! We only snapped 5 pics. :( Too busy talking and getting nervous to talk to him!

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I have yet to look at my camera. Nyree had it so I don't know how many pictures were taken.

I have to say something.

I know dinner was a bit messed up. You all know with my anal nature I tend to get a bit worked up with things and what not when they are not running smoothly and ahead of schedule and all that.

But let me say this. We had a FANTASTIC event this week. We got to meet and talk with one of thee greatest writers in the Star Wars universe, We got to show ourselves off and make a good name for our club with a LARGE number of Fans, We had a trivia contest that LFL and Delray sent Prizes to us for this so we didn't have to count on Donations from group members, and Lastly we got to go to dinner with Timothy I made Mara/Jacen/Jaina Zahn.

Did it go perfectly? No not completely, but it happened and I am extremely pleased it did. I am proud of this event. Even with a few snags it went very well!

The worse thing was me forgetting Pins. :eek: a pilot without his ejection straps. :( The horror. I'll be kicked out of the legion for sure! :p

Seriously. I know a few people called me in a panic when the Dinner plans were hitting a snag but it worked out in the end and we were able to do something not very many fans are able to. Don't worry we left more than a nice tip for the wait staff who helped us out of the snag.

I want to thank Reb for setting this up. She has made a good name for herself with Delray and the Star Wars Authors and hence made a good name for our club. She has done things I know I could not have done. Sure I am anal and get worked up when I don't know what's going on and that. So sometime I rant and push (ie bitch) when I maybe shouldn't have, *cough*Holloweenparade*cough* but that's just the way I am sometimes. [face_blush] I like to be there early and stay late. It's just my style. Reb's got a different style and is more relaxed with things than I am. We all know that. Mike H. has a different style than either of us, he's more in the middle. I think this is a good thing. It's like balance to the force. :) And without having to toss someone down a reactor shaft. ;)

So anyway long story short. We got to go to Dinner with a hero of mine and I owe it all to Reb and she has my total and complete Gratitude for this. :) It wouldn't have happened without her... well ok maybe if Riibu didn't ditch us she would have made it happen too, but one thing I know for sure is that I wouldn't have.

Thank you very much Reb. :)

23. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Did it go perfectly? No not completely, but it happened and I am extremely pleased it did.
    You know as well as I do, that if a Fanforce event goes off without a hitch (or two)...it's not official ;)

Glad to hear you guys had a great time with Zahn!

24. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    You know as well as I do, that if a Fanforce event goes off without a hitch (or two)...it's not official ;)

Ain't that the truth. :p

I've got pictures. :D I'll add them to the mnff.org album later. Sorry the scans aren't better quality. The pictures themselves are really good.

25. psych0jawa1213

psych0jawa1213 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2004
    Hi all.

First of all, I want to say thanks! It was very enjoyable meeting and talking to a few of you. If I wouldn?t have had such a "first meeting with social stigma" issue, I would have liked to have talked with some of you more.

I hope that I get to get to know more of you. You seem like a great group! And I would like to get more involved.

Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.