main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time and Again (Obi/Qui/Ani/Xani) [Post 84 April 11] (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Let me add my two cents in the hopes that you hit 25! This is a wonderfully intriguing beginning and I cannot wait to find out what lovely Obi-Wan could have possibly done to earn such scorn from his master. And to be turned over to the master he arrived with. I hope you post soon, I am enjoying this story immensely. :)

I could probably help with your Calculus too since I got a B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in Math (4 long quarters of Calculus plus many other Sithly math course all using the dreaded Calculus already learned). I have spent the past 9 years trying to regain those brain cells by purging that useless information so that I can store something really important like my grocery list. :D

Post soon please. ;)

2. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Well Aunecah I do look forward to more and hope you get to check out my obi wan story also.

OWLC

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Sweet sweet Obi-Wan always gets treated terribly. :( But this is a wonderfully intriguing story, Aunecah.

Calculus in not my thing. I'm sure I forgot most - if not all - of it, and gladly. :D

Now, are we close to the 25 required replies?

4. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I can do what ever part of calc you need, as long as your not farther than I am :)

5. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Which means that there'll be lots of reason to hate everyone except Obi.

Oh, yummy - truly my kind of fic. I love it when Qui is truly worthy of hatred.

CYN - ducking rotten vegetables from Qui-Lovers Anonymous.

Hey - I only hate him occasionally - depending on the fic. [face_mischief]

CYN

6. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Sheila : Hi. I'm sure Cyn appreciates your company in figuring out exactly what Obi could have done to earn this kind of a treatment from the rest. And thanks. As far as Math and CS goes ... well, what can I say? The more I think I different I am from the rest, the more I find that I have in common with them. Math and CS followed by politics and writing - that's me. :D

OWLC : Sorry about not checking out your story yesterday. :( I was - um - caught between writing this story (which just pounced me out of nowhere in the sense that it demanded to be written NOW) and reading another massive story that refused to let me leave. I'll check it out as soon as class' done today. :)

Cas : Uh-huh. [face_devil] We're way past 25.

J_K_H : Where are you at?

Cyn : Wonderful. That's the kind of stories I like too. On the other hand, QLA members shouldn't really be angry with us because we always end up making our readers love him - well ... at least feel sorry for him immensely in the end - hopefully. :D

Well, it appears everybody's out to get me today, so fine - I WILL post today. After the test in Data Structures today - God knows I'm supposed to be thinking about pointer links and binary search trees right now. [face_plain]Thanks for all the wonderful replies!

Aunecah

7. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    please please i need more i keep finding these stories that aren't finished!?!? what's wrong with me! i need a finished story!! or maybe another part to read.. eh eh?

8. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Nooo I can't hate Qui-Gon right from the start! And it's going to get worse, I know it!

Obi-Wan was so achingly beautiful in his pain... :(

Post soon!!

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Ha! Finished Data Structures exam. I think I did well - hopefully, I did very well. Next section's on binary search trees. Hee, hee.

Anyway, Red_Jedi_Knight and Nat : You'll be getting a post soon, I hope. I'll get home in around twenty minutes and then I have to write the post. The only problem is that I'm scared to death of writing Council scenes because I never get them right - and then there's always my internet's attitude, of course. Cross your fingers and hope that it doesn't give up on me today before I post. :)

EDIT: So, we're at 23rd reply (counting mine) to the story post. That's not 25, but I still can't believe we got there. :D

Aunecah

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    As to where I'm at? Derivitives and waiting for the next post!

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    You'll be glad to know, J_K_H , Sheila , and everybody else that I've managed to finish my calculus problems without a hassle and so I have only Data Structures homework for Wednesday. :D

And here's the next post - if I can call it a post. Just to reiterate it - I have trouble writing the Council briefings. Hopefully this is good. *crosses her fingers*

Do tell me how I did.

Aunecah

~*~*~*~

Chapter Two ? Misgivings
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The wait for the Council debriefing didn't turn out to be a very long wait.

Only few minutes passed after the Master and the Apprentice had stopped talking when the Council doors opened and a familiar voice spoke, "You may come in now - both of you." Qui-Gon nearly bolted into the room, having had enough with standing alone outside with him . The boy had spent most of the few minutes sniffling slightly, trying to get his composure back, but when he walked into the room, Qui-Gon was struck by the change that overcame him. The passive expression and the small but elegant smile on his face hardly were what Qui-Gon had been expecting to see on his face, and if he hadn't been with him outside the last few minutes, he would never have guessed that the boy had been hurt -

Hurt.

Qui-Gon focused on the diminutive form of Master Yoda and the towering form of Master Windu, refusing to give into the emotional blackmail of his own rebellious mind. He found exactly what he was looking for, and what he was feeling was NOT Qui-Gon's fault. Or anybody else's for that matter.

The Council chamber was situated in the top most spire of the Jedi Temple and afforded a breathtaking view of kilometers of Coruscant all around them. Short gray-white buildings (relatively speaking) were topped by the ever moving, ever-present airtraffic and throwing off sparks of red-gold halo everywhere. The twelve Masters who made up the Council were looking at the boy solemnly, an arrested look coming over their faces. Qui-Gon let his gaze slide over from the little, green troll whose large emerald eyes were holding an unprecedented, indistinguishable look to Master Adi Gallia, the beautiful dark-skinned woman who was renowned for her expertise in politics - and, as of late, her ability to find her center. She, too, was looking at him , her face as unreadable as - perhaps even more unreadable than - the rest.

There was another Master standing in the vast clearance in the middle of the circle of Masters, and Qui-Gon had little problem realizing who it was. Sadin Caninblat had a notorious reputation among the Jedi and was chased by rumors that were best left NOT being true. He was rarely ever at the Jedi Temple, or on Coruscant, for that matter, but when he was, he was avoided by everyone like plague. Qui-Gon had wondered, and often argued with his former apprentice, Xanatos, about the logistics of not stripping Sadin off his Force-abilities and expelling him from the Jedi Order, as he clearly was more dangerous than those that the Council had deemed appropriate to that kind of a punishment.

For long moments, there was silence in which everybody stared at the boy - well, everybody except Qui-Gon, at any rate - and the boy stared at the floor. Then, Mace Windu looked at Yoda with a raised eyebrow, and waited until Yoda nodded before turning back to regard him.

"Padawan Kenobi, step forward."

"Yes, Master." (Qui-Gon flinched slightly but otherwise didn't interrupt.) The boy took an unwavering step forward and then sank to his knees, apparently certain about what was to come next. While he was looking at the floor, his head angled forward slightly, he sat with his back straight as durasteel, his hands resting on his thighs. The Council was an intimidating presence - both for the eyes and in the Force - but he didn't look intimidated. For all his body posture said, he might as well be lying on a beach for a tan. It bothered Qui-Gon - something about his posture, something about him. [/i

12. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    nooooo you can't leave it at that!!!1 please. tell me you aren't leaving it at that!

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    You know, I feel terrible that I made it seem as if there's going to be a lot going on in the next post - lada, lada, lada - and end you up with a Council briefing that probably isn't very good. So you probably might want to look for an Obi post sometime around five - seven o' clock today. Hopefully, that's better. :)

Aunecah

14. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Actually, you might not get an Obi-post after all. Rather, it's an Ani post. :) Didn't want anybody to get their hopes up - or down.

Aunecah

15. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    AHEM - where I am its already after five - and I'm sitting here - waiting - not patiently - tapping my fingers - driving myself, and everybody else nuts.

Oh, Aunecah - WHERE ARE YOU?

This was great - marvelous images of Obi recovering his dignity and refusing to be cowed by the combined might of the Council and his former and current Masters; more class in his little finger than in the entire lot of 'em. But we need more!!!!

CYN

16. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    as long as you post.

** waves froggy hand in the air ** you will post another chapter

17. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh come on!!! More!!! No leaving it like that!!

18. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    What could Obi have done to get him sent away? Why does Qui hate him so much!?!?
    Nice posts! More please!

19. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Great job of keeping us wondering, Aunecah!

20. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Cyn : I said between five and seven. The post is - suffice to say - longer than I expected it to be. You know, that's NOT very nice. I just keep typing at my computer, saying to myself that it's going to be done in the next paragraph. The next paragraph comes and goes but I still am typing anyway. [face_plain] Anyway, that's just a convoluted way of saying that you'll get it in ~ 1/2 hour's worth of time (I hope). Have to eat dinner first.

Froggy : repeats passively *I will NOT post* 8-}

Arwen : I'm afraid, the next post will give you nothing more than more to think about. *evil Paly laughter* [face_devil]

Nikita : Well, as for the first - there is already a long queue of people in front of you who wants to know that. As for the second - it's kind of related to the first.

Aunecah

21. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002

*points the business end of the sabre at the authress*

You will post another part tonight or tomorrow!

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Right away Your J_K_H Highness. :D

~*~*~*~

Just around the corner. You can do it.

Anakin Skywalker walked catlike down the pathway, occasionally pausing to hear for any noises around him. He trust his Force-senses a lot, but sometimes, many times, his Master had been able to drop like thunder without lightning on him, and where he was going, he couldn't take any chances like that. Master had preached, time and again, of the importance of passivity and calm. But Anakin had always been a passionate person - having a love for excitement and thrill that only few games could provide him. And nobody was going to stop him from enjoying his life. Master had caught him many a time sneaking away from the Temple, and each time Anakin had been able to convince the Jedi Master that he wasn't going out to do exactly what both he and Master knew he was going out to do - "I am going to the holovid station, Master; just to buy some movies" or "I have to buy a birthday present for Rani, Master" or even "I just want to go out to eat today, Master." Master never suspected; if he did, he never stopped Anakin from going, anyway.

The Upper levels of Coruscant, while unable to see the stars that were a constant of night in almost every other world, at least could join the sun in its rotations and watch the sky go from velvety-black back to midnight-black, changing colors like a rainbow in the middle. But Coruscant Underground didn't enjoy even that luxury, and its inhabitants had a reason to celebrate (if they could, and they usually they couldn't) even the tiniest glimpse of sunlight from the heavens above. Then again, those who lived in the Underground were NOT those who were taken by such petty things as the sun, the moon, and the stars. Even the Jedi Knights rarely ever came here, and that was a pity, really, since if there was one place in the whole galaxy that needed some good cleaning-out party, it is Coruscant Underground. Still, the Jedi chose to overlook - or ignore - the hostile environment of the Underground and concentrate on troubles elsewhere.

Which made the Underground a perfect place for the meeting.

Actually, the meeting place was usually set by the "other" party - the mysterious figure in the cloak that Anakin had privately begun referring to as the Darkcloak. At one point in time, Anakin had considered him being a Sith. The very thought was, of course, NOT to be considered in the fabled halls of the Jedi Temple. The Sith had been extinct for a millennium and it was impossible that they could come back without the Jedi knowing about it. Anakin was never the ones to let himself be misled by illusions (most of the time). But he was, nevertheless, certain that Darkcloak was NOT a Sith Lord. He couldn't explain how he knew it, just that he did know it.

He slowed down as he turned the corner into a street that was as dark as it was deserted. The streetlamps that provided the light in these shady places were present along either side of this street as well - they just weren't functioning. Or rather, they had been functioning but had been made to malfunction by Darkcloak a couple of months back, when he had first suggested this street to be their common meeting-place.

At the end of the street - a dead-end against the shaggy granite of a building that had long since been abandoned - Anakin paced sideways, walking from one street lamp to another impatiently.

Darkcloak had never been late before. He checked his wrist-chrono, but it said that Darkcloak should have been here ten minutes ago. Anakin had almost been expecting a reprimand from the other; Darkcloak was not an impatient man, but he did value time much more than perhaps even the Jedi did.

"Be patient, my young friend," a soft voice hissed suddenly.

Anakin abruptly stopped in his tracks and jerked around to look at the street that he had come down.

At first he saw nothing. Anakin's eyes narrowed almost automatically as he squinted around carefully. Darkcloak was deceptive, elusive - and Ana

23. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Not expected that was.

Liked it, I did.

A cliff it was.

Don't tell me Xani is a bad guy in this fic, please don't tell me that!

24. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't tell me, J_K_H , that you've decided to go Yoda on me. As far as Xani goes - hey, what makes you think that Darkcloak is Xani? It might as well be Palpatine, Darth Maul, or maybe even Qui-Gon Jinn. Who knows? Maybe it's Obi-Wan himself - after all, Yoda just sensed a lot of anger in the boy just not too long ago.

Aunecah

25. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jun 6, 2002
    Sorry! Just me going off on a random guess!

Yoda I am not!

A phoenix be I!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.