main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time and Again (Obi/Qui/Ani/Xani) [Post 84 April 11] (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I'm just so shocked that Anakin could be bought so easily. [face_mischief] Or not. Excellent story so far, Aunecah. I could've sworn I put this on my Active Topics - now I'll be sure to get them all on time! :)

THEFALLEN

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    uh oh, i have a bad feeling about this

3. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Well, I have no clue who Darkcloak might be - but I bet I can make a pretty fair guess about the 'price' for that speeder - like, maybe, the head of a certain beautiful young padawan - on a plate - a beautiful young padawan who has no one to protect him and no one to turn to, except, maybe . . . . Hmmmm - Xan? ARe you out there?

Just speculating, you know. Nicely done, Aunecah. More soon would be a treat.

CYN

4. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, you're so clever, Cyn. How did you figure it out? 8-} Actually, it has more to do with - *clears her throat, letting a certain word get muffled in there* - than with our certain Padawan, but our certain Padawan, you might be assured, is certainly ... - *clears her throat again*

EDIT: And aren't you greedy? [face_plain] You keep tempting me here - how can I ever write a word in K+K? Not to mention finish my homework?

Aunecah

P.S. AUF - end of chapter 35. I don't know whether I should hug you or get a knife out of the kitchen.

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    You missed me in your replies earlier today, but I'll let it pass . . . this time. [face_mischief]

Anakin's such a greedy brat. And making a deal without even knowing the conditions. How stupid can he get?

Of course, you forgot to mention who Darkcloak is and what Ani's supposed to do for the speeder. But, I guess I can wait until you do. ;)

Great story! Only I want more! :D

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Two great posts in one day, I love it!

The Council post was very tense leaving us with quite a few questions. I really want to know what is going on with Obi-Wan. What happened to him and why does Qui-Gon hate him? :_|

It is nice to know that some things in the universe remain unchanged, like Anakin's steady decent into darkness. I can't believe he would accept the speeder without knowing what he has to do. Well, I guess I would believe it. :D

I look forward to more of this story. All your talk of Calculus, Data Structures and Binary Trees has me suffering from horrific flashbacks to my college days. I will need another post soon to clear the haze. :D

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Is anyone else having problems with the boards today or does it only hate me. It shouldn't take 17 minutes to get through the login page!

This is getting more interesting by the minute. But we still don't know exactly what a certain padawan did to earn a certain master's scorn.

8. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    what is that idiot going to do.... why is qui being so mean..... *sniff* poor obi...
    im a bit doppy today don't mind me...

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    No time for replies because Internet's fluctuating again. The next post is - well coming sometime later today.

Aunecah

10. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
  11. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Hi!

I just found this fic and it's absolutely wonderful! The mystery is extremely intriguing. I have so many questions that I don't know where to begin! Where is Xanatos? Is he good or bad? Did something happen between him and Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon cannot forget? Who is Darkcloak? How will Anakin react to Obi-wan? Will Obi pass his trials?

So many questions - I hope you will answer them all soon!

12. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    So, I'm supposed to be manipulating graphics, but oh well.

Anyway, let's see for some personal replies as long as Internet's NOT being a pain in the neck - I think Cas is angry as she is already.

J_K_H : Is Xani the bad guy in this 'fic - erm ... I can't tell. :( [face_devil] 8-}

TheFallen : Yay! :)

Froggy : Your feelings do NOT betray you - trust them. :D

Cyn : I already replied - but, oh well. Xan's out there somewhere - in fact, the next post is (unless I change my mind between now and when I get some free time) is Xan's.

Cas : Sorry about that - didn't see you when I was replying. I have a very good short term memory, so I usually don't refresh the story once I start posting the replies. And of course Anakin's greedy - "Me! ME! ME! ME! ME!" Anyway, Darkcloak is - well, you'll know soon enough. And what Anakin is supposed to do will be revealed even sooner than that. :D

Sheila : Thank you. :) As far as what's going on with Obi - I'm afraid the entire Order (like I said previously) has gone completely deranged. Secondly - Anakin is Anakin is Anakin. [face_plain] No matter what the story, he will NOT change - I'm afraid. Thirdly, I'll stop taking about binary search trees and calculus - Don't want you to get nightmares. I feel sorry enough for myself without getting an extra boost to my guilt-persona. :D

Kitara : I was having problems, but that was because of the server rather than JCF.

R_J_K : [face_devil]

J_K_H : :D

forever_Jedi : Welcome. :) Those questions are, I am afraid, unaswerable as of now. Rest assured - they will be answered before this story is done, some of them very soon. :)

Aunecah

13. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm not angry with you, Aunecah :) I was just teasing you. I though that was what happened, so don't worry about it. :D

But anyway, I really am enjoying this story. [face_love]

14. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    hey! why did i get an evil smily face?!?!? that's not very nice!! and you didn't even post to make me feel better...

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    The post will come soon - I hope, R_J_K . I just spent twenty minutes out in the cold weather, walking my legs off, and now am going to Econ. As soon as class' done, I should be able to have ~ 1 hour before I have to go to class again - hopefully, I'll be able to finish the post in that one hour's worth of time. :D

Aunecah

16. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, here's the next post. There's another part coming to this chapter - hopefully tomorrow, but I don't know. I have a lot of homework to do...

Aunecah

~*~*~*~

Chapter Three - Deceptions
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Night had long since fallen on Coruscant when Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn finally wandered into the mess hall for a very late dinner. Ever since the Council briefing a couple of hours back, Qui-Gon's mind hadn't been anything. After trying to slip into a meditative trance and release his emotions into the Force - and failing - Qui-Gon had taken leave to the gardens, hoping that the brilliant cascade of the Living Force there would help soothe his soul as it had in countless other occasions. Unfortunately, he didn't feel any better now than he did an hour ago.

He stared in distaste at the sickly-yellow soup that probably was a special brew for Wookiees, losing his appetite by the minute. Finally, he just sighed and pushed the bowl forward. The mess hall was bustling with activity all around him, people coming in and going out every second. The normal dinnertime varied according to the species, and as a result the mess hall was one of the busiest halls in the Temple during all day (and most of the night). Which was, he thought half-heartedly, while he was stuck with the yellow poison instead of a mouthwatering sautéed brullaki.

"You don't look too good, Master," a pleasant voice said from behind him.

Qui-Gon heaved a sigh as a young man with jet-black hair and night-blue eyes dropped into a chair beside him.

He frowned slightly at the smile on the Knight's face. While happy and self-sufficient always, Xanatos Crion was NOT the type of person to show emotions outward very often. In fact, Qui-Gon couldn't remember the last time he had seen Xanatos looking this happy. He realized with another sigh that it had been entirely too long since he had had time to take a good look at Xanatos. His hair had grown longer in the three or four months since they had last met, and was now long enough - almost - to be held in a ponytail. A few stray strands fell into his eyes, and Xanatos brushed them away impatiently.

"I suppose you're going to come up with a beard next," Qui-Gon joked halfheartedly.

Xanatos rolled his eyes. "You know me, Qui-Gon. I wouldn't come near a beard with a two-metered lightsaber."

Qui-Gon laughed softly. "What are you grinning about, anyway?"

"Nothing in particular," Xanatos said shrugging. "Just a training session with Bruck."

"Bruck?" Qui-Gon asked, raising an eyebrow. "Bruck Chun? You're teaching him?"

The other nodded. "Not exactly teaching as in teaching, but we've been sparring together for a couple of weeks now. Bruck has a good grip for it. I think he'll make a great swordsman one day."

Qui-Gon frowned slightly as Xanatos rambled on about Bruck's abilities with a lightsaber and how he had just seen Bruck re-enact an old duel between a Jedi Master and a Sith Lord. What Qui-Gon heard from the rest about Bruck Chun conflicted - almost entirely - with Xanatos's accounting. He remembered hearing Mace say that the Council had been greatly reluctant in putting Bruck through the Trials and promoting him to the levels of a Knight. The boy had entirely too much anger in him, or so held the Council.

He relaxed slightly.

A lot of time since he had had those idle talks with Mace - it was entirely possible that Bruck Chun let go off his anger and became a Knight that he was named to be.

"Speaking of sparring," Qui-Gon said suddenly, looking around as if he expected his current apprentice to materialize anytime now, "I was supposed to be teaching Anakin the fourteenth kata today..."

Xanatos whistled in admiration. "The fourteenth kata? Qui-Gon, he's only a kid."

"Don't let him catch you saying that," Qui-Gon said, smiling softly as he looked at Xanatos. The young Knight was the pride and joy of the Master's heart - along with Anakin, of course. Despite a rocky road, they had, in the end, reached the shore - unlike... Q

17. Red_Jedi_Knight

May 7, 2002
    hmmm i'm not sure if qui feeling guilty is a good thing or a bad thing.. i'll think later...

18. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    So, the mystery deepens. Something is very wrong in this Jedi order if Bruck Chun and Xanatos (who supports a young padawan's lying) are Knights, but Obi-Wan has been made to suffer for ten years. Somehow I feel that "the" incident ten years back involved Bruck, Obi-Wan and Xanatos, and Qui-Gon was manipulated to believe in Obi-Wan's guilt, though in reality, the other(s) were guilty.

Is Darkcloak Bruck, Xan or someone quite different?

Excellent stuff! This is truly addictive! Please, can I have some more soon?

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    R_J_K : You'll find about that in the next post. :) But it shouldn't be too hard to guess. ;) Or should I say [face_plain]

forever_jedi : I guess you can say that something is very wrong with the Jedi. And you'll understand why more as we progress into the story, of course. So we have two running questions now?

1) What is the incident of the past involving Obi?
    2) And who is Darkcloak?

I bet I can add more questions to that as the story progresses. ;)

Aunecah

20. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Grah! It's killing me! That's not nice. ;)

THEFALLEN

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    You haven't seen the starting of it. [face_mischief]

Well, I can't believe I'm doing this - and today is absolutely the LAST day I'm doing this, but you can look for another post after 5:00 PM today. And this one has Obi-Wan in it. :D So rejoice - or not (depending on how you want to look at it). [And yes, that was an ill-disguised hint. [face_devil]

Aunecah

22. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Thank you Aunecah! I sense..... there will be Obi-suffering/torture in your next post. Happy times! :D

Why is Qui-Gon so taken up with manipulative, "bad" apprentices (Xan, Ani) while he let the middle child, the "strongest presence in the Force", Obi-Wan, go?

23. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Before I leave to do my homework, let's see if I can tempt my readers out of lurkdom:

Next post:

Time - 3:00 AM

Setting - Obi's locked in his room.

:D [face_devil]

Aunecah

24. Lady_Kandriya

Lady_Kandriya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    [face_shocked]

25. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    On the run, but just had to stop in and say that you're really setting the hook here. The plot definitely thickens.

Hey, Chap. 35? Wow! I'm impressed. I don't think anyone else has read it that quickly.

And, just to be on the safe side, I think I'll go dredge up my battle armor. BTW, there is a short sequel, which you probably already know - and that's the one you might need a whetstone for. :D

Got a BD party to attend, so gotta run.

Ciao, All.

CYN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.