main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time and Again (Obi/Qui/Ani/Xani) [Post 84 April 11] (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I agree with Goddess Juan.

Although I had wanted to.........

Wait, keeping bratikin around would be rubbing diequi's nose into his mistakes...........

Nah, send then to Tatoinne.

[face_devil]

Or Alderran......... [face_devil]

And have someone send holo's of Obi to diequi all the time........ [face_devil]

2. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed 1000. :_| :_| How could you, Jaid? :( *whimpers*

Anyway, here's the next post ... I hope I did ... okay.... with it ....

(I don't have time to personal replies right now - just wnated to post the next post.)

-------------------

"Where is Tahl?"

"She's in her room."

Tahl hadn't come out of the room ever since she had left the Jedi library. Anybody even slightly attuned to her and the Force could sense her grief and guilt. Adi had tried to talk her out of her room, but Tahl had answered neither her knocks nor her comlink calls. Adi (and Mace) had even tried to talk, from outside the door, force their way into the door - almost afraid of what Tahl was going to do ...

Adi's throat constricted painfully. When they had managed to decode what message Luminara had left for them, Tahl and Adi hadn't been able to speak for an entire minute. The feelings of sickness and horror continued to overwhelm Adi like they had most of the evening and the night before she had finally found the courage to take this to Mace. For one instant, just one instant, Adi had considered believing that this datapad hadn't been written by Luminara at all, but some silly notation of Obi-Wan in trying to clear up his name and make them all feel guilty.

But the truth was that it HAD been written by Luminara. Adi had no doubt about that. Obi-Wan had too much pride in him to resort to these kind of cheap tricks. Besides, all he had to do to clear his name was say that he hadn't murdered Siri when Xanatos had accused him of it; the Council would have been much more inclined to believe Obi-Wan rather than Xanatos. Obi-Wan was an A-class Jedi, having no blemish in record whatsoever where as Xanatos was a Knight teetering at the line in between Dark and Light at the very best. But Obi-Wan hadn't said anything then, when the Council had questioned him; he had stayed still and quiet as a statue.

"What was I suppose to think, Mace?" Adi asked in frustration. "He didn't say anything. What kind of an innocent person would plead guilty? I assumed - "

"He probably was saving somebody else's butt," Mace said quietly. "You know Obi-Wan. He will kill himself if it means he will save a kharra-rat."

"Yes, but I didn't realize ... " Adi's voice broke. "I didn't realize that he would go to such lengths," she whispered.

"Yes you did."

"Mace, I was ... I was angry, I was - Siri was my ONLY apprentice!" Adi cried, tears stinging her eyes. "I couldn't think ... "

"Obi-Wan couldn't have done it," Mace whispered. "I knew that - I just didn't - couldn't find a way to ... make Obi-Wan say it ... "

"I'm so sorry," Adi whimpered.

Mace didn't answer. He looked down into the gloomy depths of the Underground. In one of those houses, deep in the bowels of the Underground, Obi-Wan had resided for a time being with Gordin Caninblat, an old Jedi Master. As soon as Adi had come to him, Mace and she had gone to the Underground, to Gordin's new "home," in search for them both. Neither of them had been there. Gordin's room felt as if it hadn't been lived in for very many days.

"I wondered," came a low whimper that broke into a strangled cry. "When I saw Siri's - when I saw Siri's spirit comforting Obi-Wan, I wondered why you would come and comfort somebody who raped and murdered you."

"You wouldn't," Mace said softly. He blinked slowly, his gaze crawling up the building in front of them, and up into the darkness of the space where stars twinkled eagerly and brightly - but the brightness was a derivative from a deathly pallor, an ominous gloom.

Adi shuddered.

"What do we do, Mace?"

"I don't know, Adi." Mace's hand jerked on the railing, teetering between moving away from the railing and staying put right there. After a couple of tries, he gripped the railing tightly and then folded his arms. "I don't think there's anything we can do."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think - Obi-Wan can't want to be a Jedi any longer after all we've done to him."

3. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    AWESOME!! More, more. :D

4. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    WHAT?!?!!

Lumi & Siri were part of?....................

*faints*

*pops back up, tears rolling down cheeks*

I'm sorry!!!!

I didn't know it was 1000!!!!!

*is now sobbing*

Can Mod's remove comments completely?

If they can, have them take mine out!!!

Then you'd have 1,000!!!

I'm so sorry.........

*collapses, starting a mini flood*

5. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Oh goodness! Siri and Lumi were part of them! Die, Lumi, die!

Adi is despicable. She still doesn't accept that she is not really a Jedi. Just a pretence of one!

Poor Obi-Wan! When he had gone to Alderaan to negotiate with the Talishmen, all those years ago, all three of his companions were ready to betray the order. They were all Talishmen!

6. Lurkalidth

Lurkalidth Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2003
    Yay, Mace! ::pumps fist:: Mace da man! He the one!! Hwuh!

::scowls at Adi and Tahl:: Mace came up with great points. Adi was *angry*. Buckethead *hates* Obi-Wan. Yeah, they aren't very close to being ideal Jedi. Good for him for not letting her find ways to exculpicate herself ("How was I to know," etc.).

I wonder if Tahl-crocodile-tears has even considered calling her main squeeze about this revelation. ::shrugs::

This was a GREAT chapter! Thank you for updating it so quickly. :D

7. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    AHEM! Unless I'm mistaken, didn't someone - who shall remain nameless :D - post on MY thread and say that the Jedi 'weren't THAT bad'? Holy smoke, Girl! The whole Sith-spawned bunch should be tossed in the deepest level of hell - starting with Master-Drip Tahl, whose sole reaction on learning what a total cretinous louse she had been (along with the rest of them) is to lock herself in her room and weep? WEEP? Give me a break, Woman. Get off your miserable arse - and do something to atone for your sins. And Mace is absolutely right; I don't know what these cretins are - but JEDI - they are not.

Good job, Aunecah. More at once would be good!

CYN

8. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    Obi-Wan sprinted down the corridor behind Anakin, the jarring cacophony of the alarms ringing in his ears like a very loud and very irritating background noise. Occasionally, he would stretch out to feel for Gordin's and Qui-Gon's presences, to make sure that they weren't too hopeless or worried about whether or not they would be able to take whatever they were fighting against.

They were Jedi Masters, and Obi-Wan was sure they would be able to manage any amount of people that came at them; at least, he hoped that they would. He wasn't the one to think in terms of invincibility.

Until now, Obi-Wan and Anakin had come across only minor obstacles ? once three soldiers and then at another time four soldiers, all of them clad in bright offensive masks and attires.

They were very near where Obi-Wan hoped that the prisoners were indeed located; he could sense a lot of unease and distraction and fear but that didn't necessarily mean that the people who were feeling those emotions were prisoners. Maybe something was going on that made everybody uneasy.

Like the darkness that he sensed ?

Obi-Wan suddenly jerked Anakin to a halt. The young apprentice had been getting increasingly worried in the past couple of minutes. When Obi-Wan asked why, Anakin hadn't been able to answer; he just said that something very, very wrong was going to happen, though he wasn't exactly sure what that something was.

"What?" Anakin panted. He scowled up at Obi-Wan.

"There are people coming up ? "

"I can't sense them ? "

"Well I can," Obi-Wan retorted softly.

Before Anakin could retort, Obi-Wan tugged him back down the corridor, and turned left into the corridor that they came from. Obi-Wan flattened his back against the wall, and held his lightsaber tightly in his sweaty hands.

When Obi-Wan had first taken out his lightsaber in front of Anakin, Anakin had been incredibly surprised. He had went as far as to accuse Obi-Wan of behaving in "unJedi-like" manner; he wasn't a Jedi anymore ? he had been expelled ? and hence he didn't have any right to keep a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan hadn't known how to answer to that one, and Anakin was right. Since Obi-Wan wasn't a Jedi anymore, he shouldn't keep using a lightsaber. If the Council ? Obi-Wan's heart gave a pang like it did ever since he had sensed that great disturbance back in the ship, during hyperspace ? found out, they would do a lot more than give Obi-Wan a mere warning; since Obi-Wan wasn't Jedi ? why, they might even put him in prison.

Just this one time, Obi-Wan thought bitterly. I can't do this without a lightsaber. After this, I'll never touch a lightsaber again. I'll give Master Mace his lightsaber back.

A small smile touched Obi-Wan's careworn face despite the situation. Master Windu had given him a lightsaber; something about it touched his heart. When this was all done, he would talk to Master Windu and thank him for it.

Then, it was time for action. A little tingle slithered up Obi-Wan's spine. He could hear approaching footsteps. He looked at Anakin, who was, likewise, holding his lightsaber tightly in his hands.

"Ready?"

Anakin nodded tensely. "Of course."

"There seemed to be three people," said Obi-Wan. "You remain here for the first few seconds. I'll go in first, and while they're involved with me, you ? "

"I'm going in right now."

"No, Anakin, wait ? !"

-------------------

The corridor near the entrance of the main complex was alight with blasterfire and several dead bodies. Gordin and Qui-Gon, while still living, were scratched horribly, so much, in fact, that their robes were smoking. Their lightsabers flashed a dangerous blue and green as they fought back a phalanx of white-clad men, whose attires were not quite white anymore.

Every second, more men dropped down onto the floor, either wounded horribly or dead, but more and more kept coming. Qui-Gon knew that they wouldn't be able to hold on much longer.

"There are too many of them." Gordin and Qui-Gon were currently hiding behind pill

9. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Anakin, you Dolt! [face_shocked] I hope you get shot. I wonder who the group is. ;)

Now I hope Qui get's shot too and Obi has to save them all!! Goes to prove how stupid they all were. humph! :(

10. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, you're getting a really short update really soon. Like in less than ten minutes, stay tuned. I'm trying to finish this 'fic today - because I won't be able to post tomorrow or day after (chess).

I still have a galaxy to cover, but I want to get this done ... erm, yeah.

Aunecah

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, if the ending - not the story's but the post's - seems a little too awkward, then just to know that I'm trying to make sure nobody thinks I'm glorifying death or anything. It just is required. I'm sorry! :(

--------------------

Life support systems flickered and went offline, starting at the bridge, where most of the people were, and working back through the ship. The ship was running on less than absolute minimum. The ship's programming might stop the hull from overheating until they were out of the black hole, but if the ship ever made it to a parallel galaxy, it was going to be full of dead people.

There were too many people on bridge, and every one of them was needed here. Soon, the oxygen in the air was going to be depleted to a zero, and everybody was going to suffocate.

People back on Tatooine ? Batura and company ? assumed that people were dying because of some mysterious and elusive illness ? maybe their bodies couldn't adjust to the pressure of going into the Hole.

But it wasn't so, Bant thought sickened. People were dying because they couldn't breathe.

When the ship would get out of the black hole ? whether in the parallel galaxy or back in this galaxy ? the hulls would cool down instantly again ? and the life support systems would be back on. So Batura or her scientists couldn't even know that that was what was happening.

Bant didn't know what to do. Instead of trying to do something that she didn't know how to do, she stayed back out of people's way and watched without saying much. Garen was frantic. He was trying to find a shorter route ? to any parallel galaxy ? so that people didn't die. Others were trying to figure out if they could transfer energy to the hulls from "unnecessary" systems ? other than life the support systems.

But they were looking in vain, and they had to know it. The life support systems were most important on a ship, because without them everybody aboard would die. If they went offline ? no, there was nothing else.

It was either dying via suffocation or dying via the hulls blowing up and everybody getting the air squeezed out of them by extreme gravitational force. Either way they were going to die.

Bant started to go toward Garen, intent on asking him if they could reverse the ship and solve at least a little of the problem, but stopped when she felt somebody's hand on her arm. She turned around to look.

It was Shmi.

Unlike most people on board, she looked strangely calm and quiet ? almost as if she were accepting that death was coming, that she would die, and that there was nothing else to do about it. Her stillness made a rock drop into the pit of Bant's stomach. She swallowed.

It was eerily quiet in the Bridge ? other than the alarms. Bant swallowed. For some reason, she would rather have preferred if everybody was screaming and shouting at each other. The detached way in which everybody worked made her feel as if this were all somehow her fault.

It was her fault ? if their children hadn't died ? if she hadn't let Batura kill their children ?

"The vaporator deck," she whispered in Bant's ear.

"What?" Bant said blankly.

"The vaporator deck has nobody in it," Shmi whispered urgently. "You and your friend could go in and there and do that Jedi thingiee that Anakin told me about in that letter he wrote ? "

"What Jedi thingiee?" asked Bant, confused.

"The ? the trance," said Shmi. "Ani said Jedi didn't breathe when they were in a trance."

"Well, we do breathe ? but it's very shallow and slow and ? what're you saying, Shmi?" Bant asked quietly.

"You two can go there and live!" said Shmi. "That way, when the ship goes into the parallel galaxy ? "

"I'm sorry, Shmi," said Bant flatly. "If you're all going to die, then so do we."

"But more people will keep dying," Shmi pointed out quietly. "If you die, then nobody will tell ? tell them what's happening. You said that was the entire reason you were kidnapped, to figure out what was going on."

"Shmi ? "

"Please, I don't want more people

12. Agent_Jaid

Feb 21, 2003
    Actually, I thought that you ended in a very approprite spot.

Well done Goddess!!!

And please hurt diequie and bratikin.

They need it.

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    --------------------
    Obi-Wan watched it as if in a slow motion. Anakin jumped out from behind the wall, out of Obi-Wan's grasp. His lightsaber came on in a flash. And there was utter silence in which nobody ? not even Anakin breathed. When he jerked out from behind the wall in the next instant, he realized why.

There were some thirty people standing in front of them, but more than two thirds of them were civilians. Those in the white attire ? the Talishmen ? had their blasters pointed in the people's heads.

Obi-Wan and Anakin looked at each other. This was their one big weakness ? their compassion. Without it the Jedi would be the next to invincible ? but they longer would be Jedi.

"All right, enough is enough, I think, Jedi." One of the white-clad men and women, the leader, Obi-Wan supposed, stepped forward. "Nobody moves a millimeter and nobody gets hurt."

Facing Obi-Wan and Anakin, the man motioned with two fingers. Two other white-clad ? men stepped out from within the crowd of the prisoners and strode forward toward Obi-Wan and Anakin. They jerked the lightsabers out of the Jedi's hands ?

When Anakin suddenly started screaming. Obi-Wan caught him just before the young boy collapsed down onto the floor.

"Anakin? Anakin!"

"What's this act?!"

"This isn't any act ? "

"MOM." For an entire minute, Anakin couldn't seem to say anything else. He hugged Obi-Wan tightly and sobbed against his chest. "She's dead, Obi-Wan. She's dead."

"I'm so sorry, Anakin." Obi-Wan wrapped his hands around the younger Jedi and held him as he sobbed.

But Anakin didn't seem to hear Obi-Wan. He kept repeating that his mother, Shmi, was dead. The white-clad, meanwhile, seemed torn between wondering if this were some act that the Jedi were trying to cook up or if Anakin had truly felt his mother's death.

"She's dead, Obi-Wan. She didn't even do anything. I was going to come here and free her after I became a Knight." Another dry racking sob tore through Anakin's throat. "I was going to bring her to Coruscant with me. Now I can never do that."

Obi-Wan just held him tightly.

"I couldn't save her; I'm a failure!"

"No, Anakin, you couldn't have ? !"

"Don't tell me that I COULDN'T have saved her!" Anakin shouted, suddenly drawing back. His face was flushed a dark red with anger. Obi-Wan drew back, startled at the sudden intrusion of anger.

(Anger is the path of the Dark Side. Once you follow down its path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Be careful Anakin ? )

"Enough!" barked the leader, the same person who had said that nobody would be hurt if they didn't move.

Obi-Wan felt it a split second before it actually happened. He lunged forward, to stop Anakin by force if it was necessary.

"No, Anakin ? !" Obi-Wan started desperately.

But it was too late.

Blue lightning leapt out of Anakin's fingers. Raw Dark energy flowed through his veins, so clearly and starkly that his entire body started to glow like a dark, ominous sun. Obi-Wan was blasted back into the wall; his hand, which had touched Anakin's arm just as he had given into his anger, and the entire arm went completely numb ? except for the pain that coursed through it like a thundering waterfall.

Obi-Wan gritted his teeth, holding onto his arm with his other hand, and minimizing pain by at least stopping it from moving.

(Anakin ? don't ? )

Obi-Wan watched, paralyzed by horror and desperation, as the energy continue to course out of the young Jedi. It hit everybody in front of him ? men and women and children, civilians and Talishmen. Their screams mingled with Anakin's shouted insults.

The boy had turned Dark.

--------------------

Luminara and Xanatos felt it the same time ? the horrendous Dark energy leaping out at them from one of the corridors. Sidious seemed to have felt it too, but he didn't seem very surprised by it; at least, they could sense no surprise from him, and his face was masked for them to be able to see any ? even if he showed emotions on his face.

"S

14. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Thank you for taunting us with the periodic posts. I hope this fic is finished soon. I can't stand suspense. ;) :D

15. Lurkalidth

Feb 5, 2003
    :D You really know how to spoil a person. That was truly a rip-roarer. :D And a *nice* fall to the Daaaark Side (Gordin gets bonus points for his timely "Sithspawn" comment in the episode prior).

:[face_sigh]: I wonder how Buckethead will blame this on Obi-Wan.

Thanks for the frequent (happy!) updates.

16. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    These last few posts are just like "Reel 6" of each episode in Lucas' saga! And that's one of the highest compliments I can give you, Aunecah. So much is going on at different locations and with such intensity! It's wonderful. I agree with Arldetta I need the end soon, I can't keep up with this nail-biting situation any more. And once we are done, I will have a few questions for you, which you had better answer!

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Only the Epilogue left, guys and girls and all the rest following. It's all written and typed up but I'm not going to post it until tomorrow. Why? I don't know. I just want to see how many lurkers I can get out of lurkdom before my little story ends. (A.k.a., I just want to see how many people actually sat through with me to the very end of the story. ;))

Hence, if I got what I want by seven o' clock today, then who knows? Maybe I'll post the Epilogue today.

Technically speaking, actually, this post COULD be the end, but it is NOT. The Epilogue will take care of what happens to ... erm ... yeah ... you know who it is. [face_mischief]

Aunecah

--------------------
    Xanatos and Luminara ran down the corridor, but at the very end, Xanatos stopped abruptly and Luminara with him. Both of them could sense the sparkling intensity of the Dark Side in the corridor and the closer they got to it, in more volume their danger senses screamed at them. They could sense two glaring presences in the corridor; one belonged to Obi-Wan, which was drawn up in horror, frustration, and a sense of helplessness. The second belonged to Anakin; it was fraught with the Dark emotions - anger, hatred, fear, grief.

Moving along the wall stealthily, Xanatos peered around the corner at the situation in the corridor. All of the Talishmen and the prisoners were lying on the floor, most of them dead, some of them still writhing, screaming, and crying in pain. Anakin didn't seem to care if his lightning hit the Talishmen or the innocent prisoners.

In fact, Xanatos wasn't quite sure if Anakin was even aware of what was happening around him. He was sitting collapsed on his knees, his hands outstretched in front of him. His fingertips had turned a bright pink as the electrical energy continued to pour out of them. But Anakin's eyes were closed, and his face was drawn up tight.

It was amazing the changes that had taken place in Anakin's facial features in the few minutes that he had used the Dark Side. A deep tear in his skin ran down the side of his face, from beside his eyebrow to nearly the center of his face, but there was no blood. His skin continued to rip into two along the tear, as if there were a snake in his face that had finally found its way out.

Luminara closed her eyes tightly, one hand going up to cover her face, and looked away.

Xanatos was strangely fascinated by what was happening to Anakin. He had been taught that using the Dark Side was dangerous to you in more ways than one could imagine; it wasn't a simply philosophical debate - not only did the Dark Side lower your life expectancy, it was a dangerous and unpredictable side of the Force. If you didn't know how to control it, there was no telling what it would do to you. You might end up doing much more damage to yourself than others.

Obi-Wan got onto his feet, shakily. The intense concentration of the Dark Side seemed to be causing him a lot of problems, because he couldn't seem to be able to move. He took a step and then his balance gave way and he fell down onto the floor again. It was almost comical, but Xanatos couldn't laugh - like he would have usually.

There was something important about this ... he hadn't ever heard of something like this happening before. It was obvious that Obi-Wan's lack of balance and the pain that he was suffering was because of the Dark energy, but no other Jedi was affected this way ...

It struck Xanatos in a glaring epiphany.

No other Jedi was affected this way precisely because they were just that - Jedi. Obi-Wan was much more, so much more than a Jedi. Xanatos mentally cursed himself. They had it wrong the whole time. Anakin might be the Chosen One, but Obi-Wan was the Child of Light.

They were wrong, they were ALL wrong. And Qui-Gon was the biggest fool of all. It wasn't Anakin who mattered; it was Obi-Wan.

Xanatos remembered, as if from a past lifetime, reading something about it. When he had been still an apprentice, in his late teens, he had had to do a project for his Force, A History c

18. forever_jedi

Jun 5, 2002
    Yes, I want to know what happens to Obi-Wan. Also, you can't really leave Bant and Garen out there in the black hole. A lot of stuff is still hanging loose - like Palpy?.

I do hope that in the Epilogue, Qui-Gon picks up Anakin's saber and runs it through his own mid-section - it would be a satisfyingly fitting end. But I have a feeling that the sequel will involve QGJ scouring the galaxy for OWK. Right or wrong??

Please post again today and let me out of my misery!

19. EverythingInside

EverythingInside Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2003
    YES! I can't wait to see what Xanatos tells Qui-Gon, what happens to Bant and Garen, and what happens to Obi....both with Gordin and back on Coruscant. I understand your decision to wait until tomorrow to finish----can you really wrap up all the plots in one epilogue?

Waiting patiently! EXCELLENT CHAPTER! Qui-Gon finally got what he deserved!

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    [face_shocked] :mad: :_|
    Oh wowzers. So much is going on. Poor Obi. I actually even feel kinda bad for Ani, and even for Qui-Gon after Xan finishes telling him "a little history." You have us so spoiled with all these posts! :D

I will reply more once I get my thoughts together. This has been a truly awesome story!

21. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    go xani!!!!

i hope buckethead the sithmaster and his little sithling suffer a million years of torment!

grrrr

poor obi. let gordin find him and rescue him. let quigon beg and beg and for just this once, obi refuse to forgive him because he can feel that the force does not want him forgiven. that he has earned every bit of suffering he gets.

oooohhhhhhhh

** steam comes out of froggy ears **

22. Lurkalidth

Feb 5, 2003
    Please post again; pretty please post again; pretty please with sugar on top ... please?!

Absolutely riveting! I've rarely encountered such intensity in writing. It almost hurts to stop reading. I really have to know. Please?

Thank you for this chapter (and this story). You were right: reading all the bad things happening to Obi was worth it, in order to get to this point. :D

23. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    OK - I'm here - and I've decided that there are not enough sufficiently insulting words in the English language to describe Master Insensitive Lout: pusillaneous, maggoty puss-bucket comes to mind - but that's way too gentle.

Come on, [b/Aunecah[/b] - my time here is restricted these days - so put the post up, and damn the torpedoes, etc., etc.

CYN

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    You are cruel!!!! [face_shocked] You can't leave it there!!

I hate Xanatos for what he's done, but I HATE Qui-Gon more. Conceited bastage! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope the truth Xan reveals destroys him utterly! He was blind, blind and dead of feeling. I will relish in his pain for what he's done. But what kills me most, that tortures me most of all, is the fact that Obi, as we know him now, will forgive that man. He does not deserve forgiveness! :mad:

Grrr, argh, rrrooooaaarr. I can't even think any more.

*goes off to make Qui voodoo doll* :mad: *mumbles incoherently*

25. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Well, here it is: the link. I?ll hold off personal replies for just a bit more until after this post. But here?s a general THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO READ THIS THREAD AND KEPT IT ALIVE! Feedback is the soul of a writer. [face_love]

Aunecah

--------------------
    Garen? Wake up, Garen ? Garen, you need to wake up ? the ship ?

Garen woke up suddenly. He opened his eyes but they snapped shut. The lighting of the room or whatever that he was in was glaring after a long episode of darkness. He waited until his eyes adjusted to the lighting and then opened them again. Bant's face swarmed into focus. She looked relieved at finding that he was awake.

"How long have you been trying to wake me up?" Garen asked slowly, letting her pull him up into a sitting position.

"An hour at least," said Bant, her voice a mild whisper. "I almost thought ? " She shook her head. "Never mind that. Come, we need to get out of here." She pushed herself to her feet and gave him a hand.

Bant was a healer, and hence they had decided that Bant would put both of them into their trances. Usually, Garen would have been able to do it himself, but the trance that he was proficient with was the one in which somebody said the predetermined word or sentence code to bring you out of the trance. That, unfortunately, would not be possible because both Bant and Garen would go into a trance.

So, Bant had done what the healers referred to as the Akhora, the Time-meld. Through really simple, it was an advanced form of meditation ? very difficult to master ? in which people almost stopped breathing completely, which was a requirement in this situation. Instead of a word or a sentence, the Akhora used time as the measure for meditation. Bant had put them both in a trance for two standard days, because nobody had been quite sure how long it would take for them to go through the Hole.

"Are we out of the black hole?" Garen whispered as he stood.

"I don't know," said Bant uneasily. She looked at the door to the vaporator room. Shmi had sealed the room tight in an air-lock so that no air could go in or out. "But the lighting is back on, and so are the life-support systems." She pointed up at the ceiling with her webbed hand.

"Should we go check?" asked Garen in a low voice.

He didn't want to. He knew what he would find on the bridge, a number of dead bodies. Garen didn't want to see anybody's dead body. It was sick, so many number of people had died. He was supposed to be a Jedi, he was supposed to have been able to save them.

Bant shook her head. "I don't want to."

"I know."

The two Jedi crossed the room in eerie silence. At the door, as Garen typed in the code sequence that Shmi ? bless her poor soul ? had given them, Bant laid a webbed hand on Garen's shoulder.

"You don't hear the engines, do you?"

Garen shook his head uneasily. He didn't look at Bant, but he knew that she was thinking along the same lines as he. Were they stranded? Were they stuck in the middle of the black hole forever? Was this their fate? What this their destiny?

The door opened and Garen stepped out into the dimly-lit corridor, followed reluctantly by Bant. Instead of making it to the bridge, Garen and Bant headed to one of the observation decks.

"It gives us a better view," Garen told Bant solemnly, trying more to convince himself that that was why he was going to the observation deck, not the bridge.

"I know, Garen." Bant held his hand tightly, assuringly.

All throughout their "journey" to the observation deck, a hundred thoughts chased around each other in Garen's mind. He suppressed his fear forcefully. Fear was not something a Jedi felt. They entered the observation deck in trepidation.

And stopped at the door.

The observation decks had walls that were made out of glass-like material, except that it was much more stronger and able to withstand a lot more stress and pressure differences. In the black hole, for days, they had been able to see only a long block of colorless solid being burned awa

26. kristi-wan

kristi-wan Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2001
    AAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't BELIEVE how stupid Qui-Gon is!!!!

And I can't wait for Xan to TELL him!!!!

Please please please please post again tonight!!!!!!!!

-kristi-wan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.