main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time and Again (Obi/Qui/Ani/Xani) [Post 84 April 11] (Completed!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    100. :D

I'm amazed. 100 in four days is something - suffice to say - hasn't happened to me before. [face_shocked]

EDITS: I just didn't want the post to be on the last page. Now I am going to go and write the post. :)

Aunecah

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    um, de-lurking for a moment. But Ani and Obi cound NOT have possibly met in the Underground, right? I don't think the timing was right. But the only way to get an answer is for someone to POST!!! *hint, hint* :D

3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    I've come to realize that trying to write a 3-or longer- paged post in five minutes is NOT a very good idea. Before I run, I just have to say that that is a thought worth wondering even if it isn't exactly correct. [face_devil]

Aunecah

4. Lady_Kandriya

Lady_Kandriya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
    So, when can we look for the next post?

5. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002

Starting to write it right now, Lady_Kandriya. :)

Aunecah

6. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Okay, since you asked for RANDOM guesses: the price of Ani's speeder is to somehow mess with Obi-Wan's "trials." Perhaps Darkcloak wants Obi-Wan to never become a Knight. After all, his Knighthood has been postponed for long enough already.

Another wild guess: Bruck, Xan and may be even Sadin, in addition to Anakin, have worked for Darkcloak sometime in the past/work for him now.

Question: is Dooku part of your universe? Should we start to worry about him as well?

7. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002

I'm writing - I'm writing. Just having a little difficulty concentrating when everybody around me is shouting like mad. This is supposed to be a silent library AT ALL TIMES. *Sighs* I won't say yes or no about your guesses, forever_jedi. [face_mischief]

Aunecah

8. Lady_Kandriya

Lady_Kandriya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2002
  9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, as I was writing the post, I just realized that I had no idea about some of the aspects of the post. [face_blush]

I tried to find info about it - but couldn't find it anywhere on the 'net.

Does anybody here know

1) How old Bant, Garen, and Luminara are in relation to Obi?

2) Garen's last name is Muln, isn't it :confused:

Aunecah

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I don't know exact years but in answer to question 1, Bant is a couple of years younger than Obi and I think Garen is only a number of months to a year behind Obi. Luminara I don't know because she is not mentioned in the JA books. ANd I haven't read Approaching Storm well enough to figure it out. ;)

As for question 2, yes it's Muln. :D

I don't know how much that helps but it's what I have to offer. :D

11. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks Arldetta. :D *Hugs*

I'm almost done with the post - just have to do some final retouchings. But can't post it at the moment - got to go and attend a birthday party. :)

Aunecah

12. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Have fun at the party. :D I'll try and check back later for that post. Since I will be heading home shortly. :D I look forward to seeing an update. ;)

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks Arldetta. :) Once again on the run, but here's the next post. :)

~*~*~*~

"Master Garen?"

Anakin played with his hands nervously as he waited for the Jedi Knight to acknowledge his presence. He had learned from Qui-Gon to never interrupt somebody who was in a meditative trance unless it was very, very important. Well, this was important enough, all right.

Garen Muln opened his eyes slowly, almost as if coming out of a light doze. He blinked a couple of times before his gaze focused on Anakin. Then, he frowned slightly, as if surprised.

"Yes, Padawan Skywalker?"

Anakin clenched his hands tightly inside his pockets, trying to use the Force to release his nervousness. He was good at deception, very, very good at deception. But that still didn't stop him from believing that something was going to go wrong - somehow, somewhere - each time he tried to deliberately mislead somebody. Unfortunately, the Force didn't behave as friendly to Anakin as it did to Qui-Gon. Only marginally better than before he had stretched out into the Force, he cleared his throat.

"Master, may I speak to you a moment?"

"Of course," said Garen, raising smoothly onto his feet.

"It is something personal," Anakin said uncertainly. "I have no - "

"It is quite all right, Padawan Skywalker," Garen said with a small smile. "I'm not that easy to offend. Ask what you want, and I'll answer if I can."

"I - heard that Obi-Wan Kenobi had been a close friend of yours."

The Knight's facial features tightened noticeably, and for somebody who had just said that it was not very easy to offend him, he looked deeply unsettled by the name.

For Anakin's part, he knew very little about Obi-Wan Kenobi other than that he had been Qui-Gon's apprentice, and that for some horrible act he had committed, he had been stripped off his title and sent to Ugasi. Actually, Anakin had heard tell that the Council had wanted to permanently strip Kenobi off his Force-abilities and make him an outcast, but had relented in the punishment because of Master Yoda's strong sentiments against such thing. Nobody spoke of Obi-Wan Kenobi's name, at least not openly. But Anakin was as curious as his Master was quiet. He had felt a need to know what Kenobi had done, and Darkcloak was right - he was a resourceful child. He had spent countless months scrounging for information.

While he still hadn't found anything, he at least understood that whatever Kenobi did, it drove a rift between him and Master Gallia. The two had been close friends, or so Anakin had been told - not by Qui-Gon, of course, who probably refused to utter Kenobi's name even in the deep secrets of his mind. But by other unlikely sources - those who didn't think much of Kenobi and were quite happy to pass along the word. Like Bruck Chun. Like Xanatos.

"Yes," Garen said finally. "He was - is - a close friend of mine. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know much about him," said Anakin slowly.

He had rehearsed the dialogue a thousand times in his mind before coming here - all through the night, he hadn't been able to even sleep. Qui-Gon, having finally wandered into their quarters sometime around midnight and still finding his apprentice quite awake, had suggested that Anakin meditate, but Anakin had, of course, stubbornly refused. He hated meditating, and didn't spend anymore time on the meditation mat than he absolutely had to. His Master's order, however, did surprise the young Apprentice. Usuaully, Qui-Gon wouldn't have left until he found out exactly what was troubling Anakin.

"Why don't you ask your Master?" Garen said. His voice was neutral, but there was an anger in his face and around his being in the Force that nearly took Anakin aback. If he hadn't known better - or perhaps he didn't know better - he would have thought that Garen blamed Qui-Gon for the way he dealt with Kenobi.

"He - won't talk," admitted Anakin.

"Of course," scoffed Garen angrily. He sighed, and his face suddenly seemed quite older than

14. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    * Grins * This is just perfect. But I'll still not concede to liking cliffhangers. [face_mischief] Okay, okay, so yours aren't SO bad. At least I know you won't leave us hanging for weeks. :) Lovely, Aunecah.

THEFALLEN

15. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    :_| :_| Should I just resign myself to the fact that, since this story still is in early stages of development, my mind is refusing to leave it alone - or that I can't stop myself from writing the post once I get the idea?

Well, looks like you guys are in luck. Next post is going to be coming in ~ 1/2 hour. :)

Aunecah

16. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Is Garen being led into a trap? [face_shocked]

So, Darkcloak does NOT know what happened in the past? Or is he trying to find out in an indirect way what other people in the Temple think and feel about the incident?

I am confused about one point: did Anakin actually see Obi at night or not? I thought Anakin had come back long before Obi ventured out. Was he just lying?

Keep on writing, Aunecah - the Force is clearly urging you to.

17. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    No, he didn't forever_jedi. Anakin was lying - plain and simple.

Aunecah

18. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Somehow, I smell a big, fat Bratikin rat - as in a trap to injure (or worse) one of the few who seems to believe in Obi - and probably to lay the blame at the innocent padawan's feet - while the Tatooine Twerp goes tooling around in his custom speeder.

You are really creating an aura of evil, Aunecah - and I LOVE it! More immediately will be very cool. MTFBWY - as it obviously is; otherwise how could you turn this stuff out so quickly. It takes me days to finish a post, which you manage to do in hours!!!! Way to go!

And, no, I do NOT know where this is going; if you picked any of this stuff up from me, I must have been channeling someone else at the time - or I've simply gone senile and forgotten it all. Which is not beyond the realm of possibility. A while back, I was surfing the web and came across a reference to a short fic about Qu-Gon and his wounded spirit, which looked interesting, so I clicked and began to read, and found that I really liked the story.

Well, of course I did. It was mine - which I didn't discover until the end. Go figure!
    Absent-minded doesn't even begin to cover it. :D

CYN

19. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay, so maybe I haven't said it enough times - so let me say it again: I've been writing snippets of this little story since before I found JCF, so no story influences it. Period. It's completely my little project. AUF (and One Door ) helped me in the sense that they made me realize that no idea is ever insane. (And believe me, I would have cringed to have Qui acting like a Blockhead twenty times because I would have thought that that gave rise to perfect emotion only in my mind because I'm the only one who doesn't like Qui.)

Anyway, why I said you might be able to help, Cyn, is because of who you are in RL rather than your stories (a.k.a., where you work at and what your job title is). :DI bet I just gave away too much. [face_plain]

Originally, I was going to have a post by now. Unfortunately, the last 75+ pages of a certain story refused to let me work on the post.

If you have to know - I can't ever work on one thing at a time. I do my homework, write my post, read half a dozen fan fics, hear to music, watch a movie, and twiddle with my fingers at the same time, and I can't settle for nothing less - except in extremely rare circumstances. Like when I'm reading a certain story that refuses to let me hit the ALT-TAB buttons. Or, NOT-so-occasionally, when I'm writing a post that I get so involved into that the rest of my awareness simply bleeds away into non-existence.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'll go back to working on the post now.

Aunecah

20. Jedi_Knight_Hunter

Jedi_Knight_Hunter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    You may give clues, but I'm too dense to figure them out :)

Loved it, it just keeps getting deeper and deeper!

21. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    I swear Ani, if you so much as HELP someone hurt Garen, I'll rip your head off!!!!

Nice posts! Loving it!

~*Nikita*~

22. Aunecah_Skywalker

Mar 25, 2002
    No, this is not the post. Yes, I know I said I will post again today, and I had all intentions on posting again until two minutes ago. I just finished writing - and editing - the post when a sudden idea struck me. So I have to scrap some five pages now - but it's worth the wait, trust me. :)

If you want a teaser - Qui-Gon will find out what treasure he has foresaken for what dirt in very specific ways. [face_plain]

Aunecah

23. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    You aren't going to hurt Garen are you Aunecah? Obi-Wan really needs a friend and Garen obviously has never wavered in his belief in him. :(

You really are a tease, making us think Garen was going to give it up and tell us what Obi-Wan supposedly did. I have a feeling you are going to make us wait a very long time for that bit of information. Post soon please. :)

24. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wondeful post!! Glad to see that someone has faith in Obi

MORE!

25. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yep, Ani's leading Garen into a trap. [face_plain]

Great job of keeping us in the dark - and wondering - what Obi-Wan supposedly did years ago. I want to know. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.