main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Time and Space Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon Completed 21/4/2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Aug 19, 2009.

1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Now...after all this you can't be serious about Obi-Wan being killed!!

Finally caught up, good chapters. Question is, will Vader step in as he did in the Movie and end up saving Luke?

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Ummm, I thought it might add some spice to the telling. I can be serious some times.:eek:

I suppose you'll have to wait.:oops:

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    ?We meet again, although I must say I?m not particularly ecstatic about seeing you either Palpatine, however, I can assure you that it is me and I regret to inform you that the bounty hunter you paid to dump me in the lava met his death long before we reached Mustafar and although it wasn?t very comfortable, I have to thank you for freezing me! It has given me the opportunity to do what I should have done all those years ago and end your reign. You certainly look surprised and I can assure you that I am very much alive!?

What dialogues! Gorgeous action!

We have to wait for the next update while you & your friends enjoy themselves at some Dutch tulip festival in your region?

:eek: :_| :p

Ah well, so be it! It is a price we can all pay for a fan fic like this.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Don't kill Obi-Wan:eek:

Gripping update and excellent action=D==D=

5. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Did he really kill Kenobi? I think of the other Sith who knocked him into a pit

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    The whole chapter was scary and intense. Oh Obi! Don't be dead please! I have a feeling maybe Sidious failed again... Great chapter!!

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Hah - Obi's not dead! If - and I mean IF - you killed him - it would be a gloriously tragic and heartrending scene, not a casual "throw him over the railing."

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm with you on that; Obi-Wan surely deserves a better scene if he died.

9. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    obimom The wait is over Let?s look over the balcony.:eek:

AzureAngel2
    Ah yes the tulip festival was amazing and the best part, we left the husbands at home for the weekend.:D

earlybird-obi-wan

I have toyed with the idea of killing Obi-Wan, but I?m not sure I can actually kill him.[face_worried]
    Time will tell.[face_whistling]

Ocelotl_Nesto
    Obi-Wan has a knack of hanging on by a thread.O:)

serendipityaey
    I will not give Sidious the satisfaction.[face_dancing]

Valairy_Scot
    Jedi have been known to die falling over a railing and yes it would be tragic and heartrending.:_|
    We can pretend though.:D

dm1
    Certainly Obi-Wan does deserve to be the centre of attention, and in my stories he is.[face_love]

I found it difficult to stretch this post out and even to me it seems rushed, but it is what it is.

ooo

The battle for Endor had been raging for hours, and there were many casualties on both sides, but the little ewoks were a determined race and with the help of their new found friends they forced the imperial soldiers to surrender and with Artoo?s help Han, Leia and the strike team re-took the bunker while the Ewoks rounded up the imperials.

Leia sensed the alliance fleet were being attacked and it was imperative that they destroy the shield generator immediately.

?Han we don?t have much time, the fleet is being attacked by the empires forces, are we ready to blast the generator out of existence??

?Yep I?m done; the charges are set, let?s get out of here!? Han yelled as they ran outside and headed for the forest.

The explosion shook the ground and knocked them off their feet, but it had achieved their goal and the big dish on top of the bunker blew into a million pieces and crumbled to the ground.

Leia fumbled for her communicator and contacted the alliance fleet.

?Admiral, the shield has been destroyed, send in the ships.?

Ooo

?Kenobi is dead and soon you will be too young Skywalker, you?ll die with the knowledge that you could not turn your father! He is mine and he will always be mine!?

Sidious pulled Luke?s sabre out of his hand and thrust it away from Luke. It rolled and came to a stop next to Vader.
    Sidious was confident that his apprentice was no threat to him and he didn?t care where the sabre landed.

Vader was in severe pain, and he felt guilty that he?d betrayed his son and didn?t lift a finger to help him. How could he ever face Padmè again if he let his son die at the hands of Sidious. He gripped the sabre tightly and covered it with his cloak and slowly he regained his footing; stepping cautiously toward his master with laboured breathing and unsteady steps. He felt nauseous listening to Sidious laugh at his son who was slumped against the wall.

Bright shards of blue lightning leaped from Sidious finger tips and hit Luke, and through the agony of the dark electric charge hitting him, he called out to his father. ?Please, f-father help me!?

Sidious laughed louder as he sent more power toward Luke. ?Beg, beg all you want, but he will not disobey me!?

Vader?s pain was growing, not from his injuries, but from his guilt and he glanced at his master. There was no compassion or mercy in Sidious stance and now he truly saw what the Jedi had always feared and he had feared it too, but now he saw clearly. He was wrong and he had turned and followed a madman and now he would pay for destroying the Jedi order, but before he did he had to do one thing right.

Sidious was concentrating on killing Luke and didn?t sense Vader?s hand move. Vader lifted the sabre and held it close to his master?s side and pressed the ignition switch. The blade lit up and penetrated Sidious and as he screamed and tried to turn toward his apprentice Vader lifted the sizzling blade up and though the dark one?s chest. Slicing through his heart and then he withdrew the blade and with all the force he could muster he swung the sabre and cut his masters head off.

Vader watched as Sidious collapsed to

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow, that was an amazing chapter. I'm in shock at how well you wrote Anakin there. Though that was a mean cliff hanger there, he finally became Anakin again just for you to make him stab himself? Hopefully he lives, being as he has two Jedi Masters, along with Obi-Wan and Luke to heal him, but I doubt that will happen. In any case, looking forward to the next chapter.

11. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    A fitting end for Vader. I rather like it as opposed to someone else killing him. Don't suppose we'll get some Qui-Obi or Obi-Luke "bonding/comfort" next chapter...?

12. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    That was quite an ironic twist of fate to have Padme on Alderan....

And then to know it was his own daughter he was interrogating proved too much...

But wow, to be judge, jury and executioner of ones own life...pretty harsh on himself wasn't he? And deservedly so I guess...

Will the Jedi masters be able to save him, or is it too late for him now? ...

Excellent chapter!! =D=

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Excellent chapter with Anakin turning back to the light. Let him live[face_praying] He deserves it.

again a cliffie:eek:

14. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Enjoyed seeing Luke talk Vader back to the light and Obi-Wan's faith in him. Can't wait for more Obi-Wan!!

15. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    I love how Obi decided Anakin should go back and see Qui and Yoda :) I'm glad he returned to the Light, but I'm also glad that he initially felt jealousy when he saw Obi with Qui; I thought it showed that he's still struggling to come to terms with what has happened, and that the change wasn't completely and immediate. I can't wait to read more!

16. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Vader turning his blade on himself... crazy twist!

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow that story got deep under my skin already, dear Gkilkenny, but the end that Vader gave himself...

I am reminded of an 80ies TV series now called "Shogun". It was based on a novel by James Clavell and had a young Richard Chamberlain in it.

Suicide as self-punishment was very common in old Japan. Oh yes, I remember now it was referred to as Seppuku (=stomach-cutting).

But I never have seen that coming here. Not in this fan fiction. It makes sense though. As much as it makes me sad, it makes sense. His self-loathing and despair is to great to go on.

:_|@};-

18. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Skywalker_T-65
    Thanks[:D] I wasn?t sure how to get him just right. I find it hard to write Anakin, and he will have a very hard time if he were to survive. After all he did murder millions and killed all the younglings.

Valairy_Scot
    Yes I thought it was the only way for him to really redeem himself.

[face_idea] So you want Obi/Qui bonding and Obi-Luke bonding? Of course for you I will.[:D]

obimom

Padmè had to die and what better way to do it in spectacular fashion on Alderaan making Vader responsible. I wondered in the movie how he didn?t sense her Force presence.o_O

Anakin has been saved, in a way.:D

earlybird-obi-wan
    Let him live?:oops: How can he live after all he did. The Alliance would execute him for his sins or at least put him in jail for the rest of his life. That would be more pain for Luke, this way I think is better.O:)

serendipityaey
    Luke helped him and that was his goal, he is at peace now. Mostly Obi-Wan in coming chapters, now that the war is over.[face_dancing]

dimyavie
    Anakin needed to put things right with Yoda and Qui, and it gave them all peace. I wanted to show that it wasn?t an easy turn back to the light and that Anakin was struggling with it.[face_thinking]

Ocelotl_Nesto
    Yeah crazy8-} I know and I tried not to make it like suicide,[face_worried] it was more like doing the right thing and preventing Luke from seeing his father locked away and punished for crimes he knew he had to pay for.O:)

AzureAngel2
    Thanks[:D] I don?t believe there was any way that he could remain alive. Anakin is redeemed that?s what counts.

Thank you all for reading and reviewing and keeping Obi-Wan and star wars alive on these forums. There aren?t many Obi-Wan stories left on here and that is sad.

Sorry no update yet perhaps in a couple of weeks[face_coffee]

19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, I'd been thinking of bumping this to get your attention - thank you for the opportunity to reread this. Now I'm ready for the next chapter, anytime now. :D

20. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Mostly Obi-Wan in coming chapters? I'm really looking forward to it! I agree, Obi-Wan is really lacking around here, reviews are really great to keep the inspiration up, so thanks for all the reviews you've given me as well. Can't wait for your update! :)

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Valairy_Scot

Thanks, I haven?t lost my enthusiasm it?s just time and inclination.
    Summer is always a busy time for me as I?m an outdoors person. Boating is my main hobby and I don?t have internet on the boat.
    Anyway I?m getting to the juicy parts now.

serendipityaey

Yes Obi-Wan should not disappear from this site and it?s up to us to keep him alive. I know its hard, and my muse has been lost for awhile too. Nevertheless I wont give up. Mainly Obi-Wan from now on.

Now back to Obi-Wan.

ooo

* Quotes borrowed from wookieepedia

The millennium falcon settled in a clearing and when the ramp opened Han and Leia could see a glow of flames coming from what appeared to be a funeral pyre.

?Han is that what I think it is??

?Yeah Leia, it looks like we?re too late, someone has died, probably Yoda, Obi-Wan did say he was nearly nine hundred years old.?

?Oh dear I hope not, it would be a shame if Master Yoda didn?t live long enough to see us defeat the sith.? Leia said as she scanned the area and saw the group standing around the fire. She could see Yoda standing next to Luke. ?They?re all there, I wonder who died then??

?Hey what?s going on?? Han said as he came up to Luke.

?Hello Han, Leia, it?s good to see you safe and well? The funeral pyre is for our father Anakin Skywalker, Leia.?

Leia glanced at the burning embers and the realisation of what Luke meant hit her. ?You mean ?Darth Vader?? Why didn?t you leave him on the death star??

?Leia, I know you think of him as Darth Vader, but there was good in him at the end. He did turn back to the light and he saved my life. Palpatine was trying to kill me and our father stopped him and then he helped us get off the station before he died of his injuries.? Luke kept the details of how his father died.

Leia gazed at the dying fire and then back to Luke. ?So we?ve won, the sith are dead.?

Luke sensed Leia?s indifference and a sense of relief fill her knowing that he was dead, and in reality he couldn?t blame her.

He knew she would say: *Vader may have died heroically, but ten minutes of contrition didn?t make up for the years of atrocities. He would not argue with her.

Yoda nodded to Leia, ?Yes young one, sith are no more.?

Leia smiled slightly and then saw Obi-Wan sitting on a log being attended to by Qui-Gon. ?Obi-Wan! Are you alright??

?Yes, I?ll be fine Leia,? he said as Qui-Gon manipulated his shoulder using a Force healing technique to push the dislocated bone back into place.

?What of the alliance how many ships did we lose during the battle?? Obi-Wan asked.

?A few, but not as many as the imperial forces, and the ships that weren?t destroyed were quick to retreat. Admiral Ackbar wants us to re-group as soon as possible and begin the assault on the remaining imperials.?

Han laughed, ?I doubt if we?ll have much trouble now that Sidious and Vader are dead, there may be a few pockets of resistance, but the alliance is broadcasting the victory over the Holo-net and we heard that the citizens of a few planets including Coruscant have staged uprisings and are attacking imperial forces in the streets.?

?Long time have I waited to see light return to the galaxy, spend my twilight not in hiding, but in contemplation and peace.? Yoda said quietly.

?So are you ready to leave Dagobah and return with us?? Leia asked.

?Yes, yes, to Endor I will go, live with the Ewoks I will, until return to the Force I do. Distant relatives they are, end my days happily with them I will.?

?What about you Qui-Gon, will you go with Yoda?? Leia asked.

Qui-Gon could see the questioning gaze in Obi-Wan?s eyes and he sensed that Obi-Wan would be disappointed if he went with Yoda.

?No, I?m not ready to spend my remaining days with the Ewoks, I would much rather spend what time I have left helping Obi-Wan and Luke lay the foundation for a new Jedi order; if they are agreeable?? He said resting his hand on Obi-Wan?s mended shoulder.

?Your knowledge of the Jedi order will be invaluable to us Master, and I am grateful to still have your

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A very sweet and loveable post.

Obi-wan and Qui-gon talking about the past and future and the ideas and banter between them. Perfect[face_dancing][face_dancing]

23. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Happy sigh...lovely teasing. Qui can still get Obi to blush. [face_love]

Thanks for my much needed dose of Obi-Wan!

24. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004

?Long time have I waited to see light return to the galaxy, spend my twilight not in hiding, but in contemplation and peace.? Yoda said quietly.

Love this! It makes me happy for Yoda [:D] So nice.

Loved seeing so much of Obi-Wan and him trying to adjust to all the changes of the future. Qui is so right, he should definitely go after Tasha :D

I really enjoyed the whole conversation between them. Obi letting himself have feelings for Tasha, I see, is not going to be easy, but I can't wait to take the journey. [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Looking forward to more!

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005

?So are you ready to leave Dagobah and return with us?? Leia asked.

?Yes, yes, to Endor I will go, live with the Ewoks I will, until return to the Force I do. Distant relatives they are, end my days happily with them I wil

That is a lovely idea.

I also liked the dialogue that Qi-Gon & Obi-Wan had.

With this update, following directly to Vader´s drastic suicide, you brought a lot of light & serenity back. Plus humour.