main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time Between ESB and RotJ

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Sithium, Mar 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Sithium

Darth_Sithium Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Does anyone know about how long it was between the two movies? The reason I ask is because Luke's powers are considerably stronger than at the end of ESB. We obviously see all of this at Jabba's palace. It's also apparent that he has a stronger knowledge of the force. Did he do anymore training/missions in between the two films? I know this has been probably asked before so I apologize.

2. Erbos

Erbos Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 13, 2002
    It is one year between ESB and RotJ. Check out theforce.net's timeline.

3. Davin Felth

Davin Felth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 1999

To the casual viewer, these movies don't really seem to have a set frame of time, during or in between. It's part of what adds to the feel, I think.

4. Darth_Sithium

Darth_Sithium Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Great! Just the thing I've been looking for. Thanks for the link.

5. Luke_SW

Luke_SW Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    I like your post 'Davin_Felth'

the OT movies really seem to flow perfectly, and you just understand it all without knowing specific time frames and all of that

6. Ninja_Gayden

Ninja_Gayden Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2004
    I agree 100% Luke_SW. The OT have such a consistent flow that it can be set in any time (i.e 1 month, 1 week,1 year)and the stories will still gel!

7. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    So Han was captured for a year? I didn't know that. Kewl stuff.

8. kiltak

kiltak Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2004
    Actually thats not right and forgive me because I cant remember were i read it i think its in the book. The actually time frame for all three movies are. Star wars New hope to Empire Strikes back 3 years and from Empire to Return of the Jedi is 6 months. I could be wrong about the 3 years. In books it tells lukes age in Star wars New hope and again in Empire.
    Then in the book to Return of the Jedi it says that it had been 6 months from the time Han was sent to Jabb the Hutt to the time luke rescued him.

I dont know go in read comic books and the OT books and they tell you time frame between Star wars and Return of the jedi.

9. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "from Empire to Return of the Jedi is 6 months.
    Then in the book to Return of the Jedi it says that it had been 6 months from the time Han was sent to Jabba the Hutt to the time luke rescued him."

Meaning only that Han had been at Jabba's Palace for 6 months, nothing more. Boba Fett toured the galaxy with Solo still in his cargo hold for 6 months after TESB, making it one year between TESB and RotJ. It's been a year for years.

10. Erbos

Erbos Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 13, 2002
    Yes but it also could mean, that if Han is captured in October in ANH +3 (no of course they don't use the gregorian calender in SW, but try to understand what I'm saying) and he was rescued in March in ANH +4 then you would still write that ESB takes place in ANH +3 and RotJ in ANH +4. Just a thought. :)

Now for the record, I think that the movies workes fine without knowing an exact timeframe just like Davin Felth said. But if you include EU then you have to take more consideration to the timeframe.

11. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    The time between ESB and ROTJ is three years. 1980 to 1983. :D

Actually it's pretty much been established at 6 months between Empire and Jedi but this is a topic of great debate.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> To the casual viewer, these movies don't really seem to have a set frame of time, during or in between.<<

I disagree- the casual viewer can definitely ascertain more time passes between ANH and ESB than between ESB and ROTJ, for example.

13. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    ROTJ takes place 11 "Earth" months after TESB. I don't know how many days are in a Tatooine month or how many months are in a Tatooine year, so it could be a little shorter or longer than our Earth time.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There are 10 months in a Standard Year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.