main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time between Jedi Trial and Labrynth of Evil

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord-Draco, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    How many months is between Jedi Trial and Labrynth of Evil?

I'm going to buy Dark Lord sometime after it comes out however before I do so, I'm going to go back and read Labrynth of Evil and Revenge of the Sith. Perhaps I would buy and read Jedi Trial to, considering that it could be seen as a lead into Labrynth of Evil.

So....whats the time spand between each book so that I'll have a general idea of this while reading it?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    _ 30 Months ABG- Jedi Trial
    _ 30 Months ABG- Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
    _ 35 Months ABG- Labyrinth of Evil
    _ 36 Months ABG- Revenge of the Sith

Clone Wars Timeline

3. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    So I take it that there is 5 months between Jedi Trial and Labyrinth of Evil. Makes sense, and I guess that I'll be reading Jedi Trial first, then LoE, then ROTS, then Dark Lord.

Damn, I got a lot of reading to do....

I'll have my own Quadrilogy going on.

4. dakinJmacwalker

dakinJmacwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    when Obi Wan and Anakin are in their starfighters at the end of LOE there on there way to the space battle at the begining of Revenge.

5. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Don't omit Dark Rendezvous from that sequence, though...in fact, I'd advise skipping Jedi Trial altogether in favor of Stewart's book if you're utterly time-pressed and have to cherry-pick.

6. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    By all that's good and holy, do not read Jedi Trial!

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I agree... find a summary posting of Jedi Trialand put it aside, unless you're having difficulty sleeping.

8. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Jedi Trial's not that bad, it all depends on whether or not you are a fan of military science fiction. If you can't stand military sci-fi and find it either very boring or mundane then do stay away from JT, but if you're like me and you get a kick out of military sci-fi and are into the SW universe a lot then give JT a chance.

9. Knight_Wanderer

Knight_Wanderer Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    An author (or authors) being able to accurately describe a military formation or order of battle means nothing if their characters are useless and the plot is . . . well, the worst thing I can say about the book is that I honestly can't remember what the plot was.

KW

10. StarkRhavyn

StarkRhavyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    DR is a good read because of great character development. But it's a catch 22 because you'll care so much about the characters you'll wish you knew what happen to them during ROTS, but it's only glossed over in some Databank entry somewhere.

11. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    An author (or authors) being able to accurately describe a military formation or order of battle means nothing if their characters are useless and the plot is . . . well, the worst thing I can say about the book is that I honestly can't remember what the plot was.

KW

The characters weren't great, but they weren't useless. They were well rounded, albeit too plain. Th plot was simple, the Seppies want to take over a planet, the Republic doesn't want them to because of the valuable communications relay that is housed there, it wasn't that hard to digest.

12. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    This book was a waste of character use, IMO

They shoulda given it to Stackpole. The reason I picked up this book was so that I could get some insite into Nejaa Halcyon. Instead I was completely let down by a duo of authors who had obviously never read anything about or bothered to research Corran's gramps.

V_K

13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Jedi Trial was a riot... but I agree, not enough Nejaa. In fact, he was more aggrivating than anything else. He didn't do anything.

14. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    You know, Lord Draco, Jedi Trial is not very good. Read it if you want, but it's not necessary. Dark Rendezvous is fantastic, up there with "Shatterpoint" in terms of CW novels, IMHO. But if it's Obi-Wan and Anakin you want to focus on I would read DH's "Dreadnaughts of Rendilli" (Republic # 69-71, Clone Wars vol. 6) and "Obsession" (Obsession # 1-5, CW vol. 7) story arcs if you haven't already rather than spend so much time on "Jedi Trial." Both take place after "Jedi Trial," ie after Anakin's knighting but during the months between "Trial" and "Labyrinth of Evil." Not to mention the incredible "Battle of Jabiim" (Republic # 55-58, CW vol. 3) story arc (which takes place 15 months before "Jedi Trial"). Priceless material. I wouldn't exchange it, or the Quinlan Vos Clone Wars material, for anything in the EU.

15. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Not to mention that it completely blew an amazing opportunity to actually show us the trials of Knighthood once and for all, and to do some very good in-depth character development on Anakin.

Instead we got Odie and Erk, who, while not the worst characters in EU history, came close.

And we also got the worst written dialogue in the history of the entire EU, without question. I remember thinking, "You've got to be kidding. This is a dream, right?" when I read the first chapter. And, "It's going to get better, right?" No on all counts, unfortunately.

The only reasons I picked up the book were to get some more info on Nejaa and to get some good development on Anakin.

Dark Rendezvous had more development of Anakin's character than Jedi Trial did.

Wait, wasn't DR about Yoda?

:confused:

Yeah, don't get me started on JT. I could go for hours. Probably days if not weeks, in fact. I've seen plenty of unpublished authors who write much better in every way than they did. I don't blame them, but they got the wrong assignment. They should have been writing an OOU article on military tactics and issues in the Clone Wars.

- Keralys

16. Svebor

Svebor Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Time between Jedi Trial and Labrynth of Evil

About 5 months

17. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    padme ages differently because shes from naboo not tattwoine

18. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    MGK, not only is your spelling of Tatooine is atrocious, but I think you may have mis-posted.

19. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    vong killah wth stop d-raleing my forums

20. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    MGK, what precisely are you talking about? He hasn't "d-raled" any forums. These aren't your forums. I haven't a clue what "d-raleing" is. I believe the word you're looking for is derail, and a little more coherence would speak well of you.

And what you posted had absolutely no relevancy to the ongoing topic of discussion. So your response to him was, to say the least, confusing, and possibly quite out of line...

Obsession also had some good Anakin/Obi-wan material, for anyone who's interested in seeing that development. And the real clincher, IMO, was Labyrinth of Evil, which really had them together as Anakin and Obi-wan, the unbeatable team. It was a lot of fun to see that - and it really set up the tragedy of Episode III quite nicely.

- Keralys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.