main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST "Time for the Jedi to end {insert here}"

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chiaroscuro Side, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Chiaroscuro Side

Chiaroscuro Side Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    The Luke quote at the end of the trailer is such an obvious sentence fragment, I am thinking there is some fun to be had speculating what the full sentence is.

"Time for the Jedi to end THE ABOMINABLE SCOURGE THAT IS WHITE CHOCOLATE!"

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Honestly, The Jedi will not end
    I'm pretty sure the "END" comment is in the beginning because Luke seems to have given up
    Rey asks him to train her to turn the tide
    Snoke is wise. Snoke said: The new Jedi will rise - and this is what will be the story

3. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    "Time for the Jedi...to end the notion of running away from problems and face them head on"

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    "Its time for the Jedi to end the tyranny of United Airlines" <- you'll look back on this in half a year when the movie comes out and have a chuckle.

5. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    It's time for the Jedi to end this destructive conflict, and bring order to the galaxy..

6. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    "Time for the Jedi.......to buy a darn good coffee maker. I mean...look at this thing? It's not even a Mr. Coffee!! Even the Spaceballs had a Mr. Coffee so they could drink coffee while watching radar!"

[​IMG]

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I wouldn't base the outcome of this film on that line, considering Luke says that and then the entirety of the rest of the teaser is him training Rey.

8. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    was very close to posting this [face_laugh]

we have a weird ESP thing going on today it seems :p

vncredleader and B99 like this.
  9. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    It's time for the Jedi to end...

I've got nothing. But I want to know who killed JFC when it crashed.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  11. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    It's time for the Jedi to end..their terrible habit of being destroyed like little punks.

Daxon101

Its meant to be something to have fun with and make jokes. Everyone knows what it really means.

12. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    I'm not quite sure that was Luke saying that line.

13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

My bad

14. Chiaroscuro Side

Jan 3, 2016
    Yeah, I'm thinking it is time for the Jedi to lighten up a little bit...

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Or it is like "I rebel"
    It's not in the movie at all

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  16. Chiaroscuro Side

Jan 3, 2016
    Yeah, the line is an obvious fragment, or misdirection entirely. But I dint really think about commenting on the trailer at all when I posted the thread, there is already a trailer thread. I just wanted to hear how the wags on the forum would finish the sentence.

17. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    It definitely could be some kind of misdirection. It wouldn't be unheard of for a teaser to do that.

18. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    except that he says "its so much bigger" when replying to the light and dark. It sounds like he's reached a new understanding of the force.

19. Phasmatic

Phasmatic Jedi Knight

Sep 10, 2015
    I'm surprised more people aren't picking up on what Luke is saying. I think he means to move beyond the Jedi and their philosophy. Even when George was talking about doing these films he talked about them being more spiritual and mature. The "Bendu" being introduced in Rebels or the Guardians of the Whills coming up in Rogue One isn't a coincidence in my opinion. I believe the idea is that Luke is trying to bring everything back to what the Force is really about. Free of dogma or even the idea of light against dark. And no, I DON'T mean "grey Jedi" as that is still a simplistic way of looking at it. The time of the Jedi seems to be ending...and something new might rise up. Luke will train Rey...but not to be a Jedi...but something more.

20. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

I agree, but Luke training Rey to use the Force doesn't mean he's taken her as a Jedi Padawan like the ones he lost at the Academy.

It's the Force.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, I assumed he was training her to be the administrator of a gas mining colony.

22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Time for the Jedi to end...their use of lightsabers.

No lightsabers in Episode IX and the next trilogy. Confirmed.

23. Chiaroscuro Side

Jan 3, 2016

"Time for the Jedi to the end market inefficiencies involved in passing gas!"

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of feel like it might be the Jedi, in a different form with a different philosophy this time.

Just getting rid of them entirely, well that's basically a giant proverbial middle finger to the story of a film called "RETURN of the Jedi."

vncredleader likes this.
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Finally back on the board. Amazing trailer. A darker tone. MUCH better than teaser 1 for TFA but I still put teaser 2 for TFA above but that's probably just because so much was new and there were more shots.

The last line could very well have been parts of two different lines edited together and, if so, very cleverly. Or possibly two parts of the same sentence with pieces taken out such as "it's time for the Jedi to rise and end this darkness".

Looks like the Journal of the Whills will come into play? Perhaps it is inside the tree thing?

26. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Luke could of course train Rey with the stipulation that she trains no one else.