main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Time for the Ring-bearer to lay down the burden

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth Venom, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Begin Transmission--------------------------

Over the past couple of weeks I have taken a step back from my involvement in Docking Bay 516 and it's running, and for the most part, have acted as more of an observer rather than a participant. I have done this primarily because I felt that I was getting too caught up in trying to get things done and was burning myself out.

During that time I have observed alot which made me proud to be a member of DB516. Most importantly the friendships which have developed between most of it's members. On the other hand, I have also observed alot which has made me sit back and question the ideas or motives of the individuals involved.

Overall, I have been most bothered by the appearant lack of direction in the club. It seems, as an observer, that more time has been spent recently on "non-essential" things and less time has been given to tasks and issues that are much more relevent to the club in the long run.

So, after taking some time to think things through, I feel the best course of action is for me to step down, effective immediately, as CR of the Long Island group and to take a smaller role, if any, in the club.

I hope I have been of some service to DB516 and that it's members will respect and understand my position.

I'll let these be my departing words:

"Still round the corners there may wait
    A new road or secret gate;
    and though I oft have passed them by,
    a day will come at last when I
    shall take the hidden paths that run,
    West of the moon, East of the sun."

End Transmission----------------------click!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.