main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Time for Week 2 Nominations

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002

Today's your last day to finish the Week 2 task.

As for nominations, you have until tomorrow at noontime EST. At that time, the two most nominated housemates will be up for bid. Votes will be counted right around noon (EST) on Monday and from there you'll be one housemate short and a new weekly task will be up.

You also have that long to get in your week 2 nominations. I've already recieved some from people who'll be out of town.

Oh and incase anyone asks, yes, this is how the timeframe for nomination will be every week. It's like last week.. with a bit more time. :p

~ James

2. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I've waited two hours extra hoping to get all of the votes in. Unfortunately, 3 housemates haven't sent me their nominations for this week. Of course, with how many votes there are for each housemate to be put up, that wouldn't make a difference at this point.

It really bothers me that not everyone has taken the time to at least nominate fellow housemates for the week. Starting next week, either nominate or don't get points for that week at all. Hopefully that is easily understood.

Anyways, up for this week: DarthAttorney and Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa. The JC will have until 2pm tomorrow on the JC to vote giving them 24 hours.

I'll tally up points and post them for this week either later today or tomorrow.

~ James

3. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Haha, nothing like being in the dull spotlight.

Just a reminder to the JCC, the sooner you vote me out the sooner you'll have me back in your hair. Choose wisely. Would you rather have Brett disagreeing with you in Comms or me killing your threads and/or much worse? [face_laugh]

4. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I've given enough zings and snaps to be pleased with my overall performance so far.

If I go, at least I called Jim fat and saw farraday's schlong in the showers.

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    The results are in.

Smuggler stays and DA is out. Again, this week only by less than 5 votes. Very, very close.

Well Brett, see you at the reunion.

:)

~ James

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Also, points will go up tonight when I get back from class.. as will the third task. Sorry for the delay. It's been a busy week with work.

anywho, time for a mini-task...

~ James

7. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Good riddance.

AYBABTU

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    We have released the DarthAttorney, now that he is free, may he send Communications into turmoil.

Then again he was never really trapped and had always posted freely during the game.

Oh well.
    -Seldon

9. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    As has been said many times before, can't say I'm sad to see you go.

10. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    Less than 5 votes? Heh heh, why am i not surprised?

11. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Smile, SoME. You need to be happy :)

12. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Jan 23, 2002
    I totally am. I just choose not to use emoticons all the time.

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Current points totals (as of the end of week 2):
      DarthAttorney: -5
      Sebulba-X: 23
      KaineDamo: 12
      PrincessKenobi: 15
      carmenite42: 22
      Darth_AYBABTU: 10
      farraday: 13
      Qui_Gon_Jim23: 12
      Mortimer_Snerd: 14
      Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa: 9
      Dark_Jedi_Kam: 8
      Darth-Seldon: 20
      Terr_Mys: 23
      EagleIFilms: 9
      StarWars_Revelation: 19
      Jjanda_Solo: 12
    Again, if you have questions, PM me.

Thanks.

~ James

14. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    So between the mini task and the regular one I only got 9 points? Is there no love at all for Die Hard? I was told by Eethy that the kids today don't give it the proper fanboyish respect to that cinematic masterpiece, but I just didn't want to believe him. I mean, I threw comet out a window...that alone would have been worth the measily 6(?) points I got for my efforts.

*shakes fist at monitor...grabs similarly colored ball point pen to doctor grades before taken them home to parents*

15. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Looks like I only got 9 points too. What exactly is the process for grading these things? Seldon got 8 points for his Week 2 tasks, and from my reading of his Weekly Task it appears that he failed to speak of any of his fellow housemates, at least by name. I'll grant that he could have creatively included us in a story without calling us by name, and maybe he did. Your interpretation of the story is your own, and I am certainly not suggesting that Seldon's point total be affected in any way. I am simply using him to illustrate the point that I, and apparently Sebulba, have no clue how you're coming up with these points.

Perhaps it would be more helpful to everyone involved if you addressed each of our tasks directly, including the points given and your own personal assessment of what was good - or what was bad - about our contributions.

AYBABTU

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I don't mind doing that.

I didn't want to go into everyone's thread and grade it personally, though, and piss anyone off.

But if y'all would like me to do that, I will. I don't mind doing it, especially if it'll help clear up confusion.

As for grading, I generally get 2 extra ratings plus my own. I just average them together. I do go and make sure that they're not using favoritism when it comes to rating tasks as much as I can. I've had some people come and give members 1 or 2 points and others 8 or 9 or so because of that.

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.