main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Time is running out to vote for H-FRIC

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rani Veko, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Those zany blokes in Australia who visit this forum from time to time are currently tied three ways for second place in the JC Election. As of this moment, H-FRIC could win with only another 40 votes.

I believe they're the only party running that promises in their platform to actually do something constructive with their win, and try to improve the JC for the average user.

For more information on the JC elections, including the various parties and their platforms, go here.

Go here to cast your vote.

(Remember, when you click, click "H-FRIC".) :D

"Because if we don't indoctrinate your children, who will?"

- Rani

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    The Canadian Party also promises to improve the JC. Doesn't it make more sense to vote for a Canadian party than an Australian one?

Besides, they cannot win with 40 votes. Late last night, sock voting occured to the tune of 70 votes. Their Vice-President acknowledged the fact, put a stop to it, and announced that he would not accept the prize if his party gets the most votes.

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    :eek: No way!

Is the sock-voting only happening to their party, or have all parties been subject to that kind of cheating? Can you give us a link to the post where they say they'll refuse the win?

As to "making sense", national patriotism had nothing to do with my choice. I voted for H-FRIC as well, and I'm not a sock. I'm proud to be Canadian. I think most Canadians are. One of the things I like about Canadians is that we're not sheep. We have the ability to think, reason, and make up their own minds on political issues. It makes just as much sense to vote for a Canadian party as it does an Australian party, because this is the Internet, and there are no national borders here.

I voted for the party I that I felt would do the best job, not necessarily the party that happens to share a name with the country I live in. I hope you don't take it personally, because I happen to like you, and my voting choice had nothing to do with party leaders alone, either.

*Derisa*

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm sure there has been small instances of cheating throughout the election, but last night's H-FRIC scandal is the only major instance. GrandAdmiralJello announced that he would not accept the win in the poll thead. I think it's on page 5, with 50 posts per page. There's also a JCC thread about the scandal.

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Bummer. Well, I guess you don't have to worry about competition from them, anymore.

Does that party alliance between Canadian and H-FRIC still exist, or has that gone bye-bye too?

(And before someone says it, yes, I'm aware Derisa's post above was originally signed with my name. We're using the same computer at my house this morning, and she forgot to log out of her account when she left the chair, and I forgot to double-check. :) Since her opinions echoed mine, however, when our error was realized, she asked me to simply make a few minor changes and replace my name with hers. Sorry for any confusion, there, AT-60. :p )

- Rani, in her *own* account this time. :p

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    It still exists, to a point. We havn't campaigned against each other (much) but part of the agreement was that if one of us doesn't have a chance, we'll support the other party. H-FRIC hasn't lived up to that end of the deal, but I don't mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.