main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Time Magazine (No spoilers)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by TheOzhaggis, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Okay, I might be way behind the times again - but what the hey - anyone else get the latest copy of Time magazine?

i.e. the one with Yoda on the cover.

Lots of purdy pictures and articles and Q&A's.

Which means, of course, LOTS of spoilers.
    And not just e2. Lucas basically gives away why Anakin turns to the darkside. grrrrrrrrrrr. And here I was trying to stay spoiler free for E3.

Fnah!

2. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    The ep1 one did was better I thought, I'm not gonna buy it.

3. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Did anyone get their Special Edition edition in 1997? It was funny with their reprint of the original review (scaving) and a revised review (much more nicer).

Vanity Fair is also out in Australia at the moment as well. A couple of small magazines too. One's the Disney mag that has covered Star Wars before, and another is called D-Mag (or something) and it looks stupid.

4. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Yeah, the Times has an extract from their original review of ESB - which they said wasn't as good as ANH.

What do they know?

:)

5. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    I've got the Time magazine where they review ROTJ. In it Lucas says he will be making 9 films, the first being the prequels and then a sequel trilogy with the old characters if the actors looked old enough.

Dang, I wish he'd do them.

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    What's the exact quote on that? The only thing that comes out about that discussion now is that the reporter couldn't get his head around a prequel trilogy, so he just wrote that there'd be nine.

Pretty stupid considering the story is about Anakin and it all ends with his death.

7. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    I'll get it when I get home - I'm sure that it was directly quoting GL and he talked about the prequels as well as a sequel series. He understood both because he mentioned the prequels would have a young Ben Kenobi and it would have all different actors but the sequel trilogy would most likely have the actors that were in the OT.

I'll scan it and email it if'n you're interested.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind it at all.

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, I remember reading some years back that there would be nine movies. Can't remember what mag, though. I'd certainly like to see a sequel trilogy, perhaps set 20 years or so after the original so that the actors don't look too out of place (and, of course, so that Lucas can cast a young lady as Jaina :p ). Mark Hamill might finally get a job as well! :D

10. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

I have Steven Spielberg and Rick McCallum both on tape ('99 doco) saying that Lucas always wanted to make 9 movies...

Who knows.

11. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    I heard, oh about 2 or 3 weeks back now, from a very reliable source ("he's going to the celeb screening on May 10th"-sort-of-reliable) that Lucas has confirmed that he'll be doing 7,8 and 9.

12. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    Just scanned it - you want the whole thing or just the pages about the sequels, Wedge?

It's 7 pages long.

13. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Why don't you just buy the damn thing, it's $4.95!!!!! (Mine was $2.45 being a subscriber :p )

14. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    I'm talking about the 1983 copy reviewing ROTJ, dude.

It only cost me $1.50 back then. :p

15. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Maybe you should read the whole thread, Marvin.

Send it all over. It'll give me a good read tomorrow.

:)

16. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Oh no, I've done it gaiN!

Marvin hides in shame, because he skim reads (and he means skim) and kahli HAD to point that out before!!!!

17. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    Check yer email in 5.

18. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Sweet as. Thanks for it. I'll get back on here tomorrow and have a little bit to say about it.

19. kingjim

kingjim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2001
    I was very careful when I read Time magazine to skip paragraphs if it started to explain the story. No way am I giving myself any spoilers. I only read about half the article.

20. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Empire magazine is out now too. You can get it for $7 at Kmart if you want to save a dollar in buying the two versions from there.

I got the Mace and Obi-Wan cover, but there's also a Padme and Anakin cover.

I'll read it, before I go back to Time, 1983. How sweet is the cover?

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    You can see the covers on the time.com website... Two covers are here and two covers are here...

There's also a couple of Star Wars stories here. I think these are from the current issue, they show the Yoda cover anyway... Just be wary of spoilers, I didn't actually read the article... :)

22. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    So far as the sequels sequels go, it aint gonna happen. Lucas tied up the movies with RotJ.
    In his 9 movie plan (yeas, he DID plan for 9), he was going to have Luke turn to the dark side in RotJ, and then bring in a long lost sister to bring him back.
    Lucas instead decided to make Leia his sister, and have Luke resist the temptation. Lucas tied everything up after RotJ, and no longer wants to do 7-9.

But really, for those that think he will, where can the story go? Its all wrapped up well.

23. Uruk-hai

Oct 26, 2000
    I don't know where he could take the story, but there is a heck of a lot of EU out there that does take it further.

I just don't like the idea that Ep 3 is the last Star Wars film we'll ever see.

24. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    As if it's going to be the last.

Lucas is sitting on a goldmine and he knows it.

Even if George doesn't, one of his kids will.

25. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I hope not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.