main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Time out...

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by quigonschuel, Dec 21, 2014.

1. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    As our fearless leader has been aware of this for a while now, I figured it was time for me to make a more public announcement.

As some of you know, I have taken a position with Schwan's Home Service as a Route Service Representative. The job requires me to frequently work 10-12 hour days, 4-5 days a week. My free time to participate in activities is SEVERELY limited. As such, I will be unable to troop for the foreseeable future. This for me, unfortunately, also includes SWN 2015.

I will still be on the boards, just won't be able to make any public appearances for some time.

Vic

2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Thank you for the FYI. The group certainly understands. Stay in touch and let us know when you can join us at a meeting or outing!!

quigonschuel likes this.
  3. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Good luck with the new job, Vic!

4. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    Victor, we all need to take time off when life dictates. Keep in touch as you can (hope to see you on the boards), and I hope you'll find a time to join us when work schedule permits. Best of luck with your new job!!

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Good luck with the new position Victor!

6. GreyGirl

GreyGirl Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 27, 2009
    Congratulations and best of luck with your new job. Hope you can join us when your schedule permits.

7. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Congrats on the new job Victor.

We are going to definitely miss you. However, we all understand that "Darth Real Life" takes a precedence over fun and games with the NR. Chime in on here from time to time and stay in touch. Keep an eye on the SWN thread and maybe you can make it to a filming and still be a part of SWN after all!

8. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Congratulations on the new job, Victor! I for one understand having very limited time. You've got to do what is best for you and your family.

quigonschuel likes this.
  9. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Thanks everyone. I started this job in October, hence why I haven't been attending events or parties, especially the Christmas party at Anna's (wanted to, but it was my first Saturday off in a month).

10. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Good luck with your new job, Vic. C'mon over and play whenever you have time. Door's always open.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

quigonschuel likes this.
  11. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    you are now a schwan dude! i remember getting it all the time when i was a kid heh. congrats on the job!

BobbyFromBUF and quigonschuel like this.
  12. Jonathan Xavier Jones

Jonathan Xavier Jones Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 10, 2012
    Good luck Victor! Congratulations!

BobbyFromBUF and quigonschuel like this.
  13. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Good luck and don't forget about us ..Im sure we will see you

quigonschuel likes this.
  14. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Good luck Vic! Hope to see you back soon!

quigonschuel likes this.
  15. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    I am HOPING to be able to make the next meeting...

16. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    It would be great to see you Vic!

quigonschuel likes this.
  17. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    As some of you know via FB, I lost my job today. As such, my schedule has just opened up. Hoping I will be allowed to participate in SWN, even though I've been away and busy for some time.

18. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I am sorry about your job loss. Seeing that SWN is still a few months away, there are some activities coming up you can join in on!

quigonschuel likes this.
  19. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Well, I must put myself in time-out once again. I sent Chris an email about this about a week ago, as my wife wanted it off of Facebook (as it is regarding her).

Around mid-May, my wife was complaining of a swollen ankle. A few days later, her leg was COMPLETELY swollen. We took her to urgent care, who had her sent to Seton Imaging for an ultrasound of her leg. Turned out there was a very extensive clot running the entire length of her leg. She went back to Seton for CT scans of her chest and abdomen, and they found a large mass in her pelvis which was causing the clot. They also found a small clot in one of her lungs. Her PCP admitted her to Sisters on my birthday, where she stayed until May 23rd (Saturday). She was going to have a biopsy of that pelvic mass done, but the surgical GYN said she didn't want to risk fluid leaking into her body. While at the hospital, they found a malignant lump in her left breast. An endometrial biopsy was done...no uterine cancer. A filter was also successfully placed in her leg.

Tracey has been home since May 23. Since then we've visited the surgical GYN in her office next to Sisters. Through a personal connection I have with a former President and CEO of Roswell Park Cancer Institute (I sing with him at Westminster Presbyterian), Tracey will be seeing the best breast oncologist at Roswell Park. We meet with the breast oncologist on June 16th, and Tracey will be having surgery at Roswell Park to remove the pelvic mass on June 18th.

Right now, being out of a job is the best thing that could have happened to me. If I were working, I'd not be able to help her the way I am now.

Hope to be able to make it to the show in July!

20. Rock Nightshifter

Rock Nightshifter North Ridge Diplomat star 3

Oct 27, 2013
    Vic, we will be praying for your entire family. Hang in there. Please let us know if you need anything.

quigonschuel likes this.
  21. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

quigonschuel likes this.
  22. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    We are thinking of you and sending you our best wishes and prayers.

quigonschuel likes this.
  23. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Sending good thoughts your way

quigonschuel likes this.
  24. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Praying for your wife, you, and your family, Victor.

quigonschuel likes this.
  25. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Sending positive vibes your way!

quigonschuel likes this.