main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Time Spent in Paradise L/M - Update - 10/01 (Completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 25, 2013.

1. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Enjoying the banter, I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice!! ;)

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. I know what it is like dealing with preteens. Of course mine are boys...I don't know if that is harder or easier to handle than preteen girls. Great update!

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Great update. Very lovely details.

5. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Very nice, I love the romance, and tenderness.

6. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks for reading and reviewing: Nyota's Heart, newdawn12, Hazel, Jedi_Lover, and Briannakin. There should be only a few more chapters left...can't say how many but no too many I suspect. Writing banter for Luke & Mara is always a fun thing for me to do, you'll see more of it in this chapter. And happy that you enjoy my characterization of Tenel Ka, I hope I continued to capture it in this chapter.

*​
    Tenel Ka walked a few paces into the room before turning to Luke.

“It’s been awhile, Master Skywalker.” She said in greeting.

“Yes, it has, Tenel Ka,” Luke smiled. “It’s good to see you again.” He felt Tenel’s gaze shift; gently clutched his wife’s hand.

“You must be Ms. Jade.” The pre-teen commented. “It’s nice to meet you.”

“That’s right; Jade Skywalker if you want to politically correct.”

She made her way finally over to the chair beside her mother and took a seat. She briskly requested a glass of fruit juice to the serving woman who walked in. “And I am Tenel Ka Djo.” She formerly introduced.

Mara had to admire the way the young girl held herself. She would have thought that the girl in question would have been a bit more unruly, instead she received a poised young lady who exuded a hint of the strong-headed persona she’d heard about.

“So, Tenel, how have you been?” Luke asked conversationally.

“Well. The Academy is doing well?”

“So, far yes. …we’ve doubled our students since I started. I have many of the older ones teaching the new recruits. I don’t have time for many one on one lessons anymore with so many.”He smiled. “I do hope you still plan on attending.”

“I do. It will be a welcome change to Hapes.” She turned to Mara. “My grandmother isn’t exactly happy that I want to follow my mother’s traditions but she’ll just have to deal with it.”

Mara saw Teneniel try to conceal a wry smile. She had heard of Ta’a Chume from Luke. The woman had no love for Jedi or her daughter in law—who wielded the same magic as a Jedi. She’d heard it was Teneniel’s head strong challenge to the former Queen Mother that had cemented her marriage to Isolder. Though it was very likely it had provoked Ta’a Chume into disliking Teneniel even more.

“I’m sure she means well.” Luke assured.

Tenel Ka gave him a dubious look. “You know that’s not true. You know how she feels about people like us…she has often been heard to mutter caustically about “spoonbenders”. We’re apparently abhorrent to her.”

Mara raised an eyebrow.

“Is there something wrong, Mrs. Skywalker?”

Mara had to suppress a snort. There were very few times she was referred to by her official married name. Well, at least it wasn’t Mrs. Luke Skywalker.

“Oh, nothing. You don’t sound exactly sound like you like her, is all”

Just then a servant came in and set the juice down by Tenel Ka then disappeared. The girl waited until the door was firmly closed.

“It’s not that I dislike her…” She let the sentence drift off, letting her silence do the talking for her. “I’m sure grandmother thinks my decisions at this point are unreliable.”

Mara smiled tightly. “I get the picture. You sound like you’ve got a good head on your shoulders from what I’m hearing.”

“I don’t have a problem being Hapan, it's part of who I am, but I can’t deny my Dathomiri heritage.”

She nodded. “I know what you mean.” Luke regarded his wife; Mara didn’t have any heritage to embrace that she knew. That was perhaps why she sympathized with Tenel Ka—because it was one thing she lacked. Although his wife would never say so.

Tenel Ka glanced Mara’s way for a moment before picking up her glass finally. She took a long drink from the cool beverage before putting it down. She then looked back at Mara, studying her once more discretely.

“Well,” Teneniel began. “We’re glad you came to visit. Isn’t that so, Tenel?”

Her daughter didn’t respond at first.

“You’re very pretty.” Tenel Ka said suddenly.

She was staring at Mara as she said this.

Mara blinked in surprise. She had been aware the girl had been looking at her though she really hadn’t given it much thought. She could feel her husband’s equal surprise trough their Force bond.

“Tenel Ka.”Her mother seemed whispered. “That’s impolite.” Her voice took on a reprimanding tone.

“I’m sorry.” The girl said, sounding sincerely apologetic. “You have such lovely hair and eye that’s all.”

“It’s all right.” Mara assured.

It was what many people saw looking at her for the first time. She had no doubt it had been her fine features as a child that had caught the Emperor’s eye. He had seen what she would become and used it to his advantage. At times she had grown to dislike her looks, but now it didn’t faze her very much. She’d come to accept it.

“Are you sure?” The girl looked inquisitively at her.

Mara flashed her a winning smile.

“Positive, you were just being observant. That’s a good trait to have, and you speak your mind. That’s not a bad trait either.”

“Sometimes,” Tenel Ka conceded. “Other times, I’m sure a certain party wished I had better tact; much to the horror of the nobles.”

Mara responded, “Sometimes being true yourself requires going against the grain.”

A smile teased the girl’s mouth. “Perhaps that is so.”
    Luke and Mara stayed for an additional fifteen minutes before taking their leave. They wished Teneniel and Tenel Ka well and Tenel promised to keep in touch, reiterating how much she was looking forward to attending the Academy.

As they drove back to the guest house, passing through the town, Luke looked over to Mara. His wife had a pensive look on her face as if pondering something serious. He told himself he would wait until she was ready, but his concern was getting the better of him.

He spoke gently, “You look distracted. This doesn’t have anything to do with what Tenel Ka said does it?”

“Huh?” She looked up, eyes slightly lost. “Oh, no; it really doesn’t bother me. I would have to be pretty shallow to be bothered over something like that at this point. I’ve lived with the way I look for too long after all.”

Mollified by this response Luke didn’t say anything for awhile. Still his mind kept going back to it, that and the comment she had made concerning heritage.

“Mara…” He hesitated, unsure of whether to proceed.

“Yes?”

“That comment about heritage,” He paused. “Have you ever thought of looking into your past?”

“Of course, but I don’t think I’d be able to find anything. Palpatine probably wiped away any record of that. And what knowledge there was there at one point probably died with him.” She looked to him. “I have plenty ideas…but none too definite.”

“Like?”

“Corellia.”

“Why Correlia?” He asked, genuinely interested.

“It was the one place where Jedi didn’t follow the old Order.”

“You think your parents were Jedi?

She shrugged. “I don’t really know, but it makes sense when you think about. Sure he could go looking about for Force sensitive children, but it would be hard if going on only that. It would have been easier to search for a child with Force-sensitive parents; openly Force-sensitive. And from what I’ve learned from Horn, the only ones who would produce a child would be Jedi not restricted by the Order and Corellian Jedi pretty much did what they wanted. “

“I suppose you have a point there.”

“It’s not much, but it was really my only choice when you think about it. It doesn't matter though.."

“What’s to say you couldn’t find out?” He argued softly. “I’m sure if you’re right about the Corellian Jedi angle, then there would be some indication. Maybe Corran would know…”

“Luke….” Her voiced begged him to stop his inquiry.

The last thing he had wanted to do was to make his wife sad. He should have just let it go. He knew it was more than about her lineage, it was a home she had been denied all her life. He would do anything to give her that home.

“You already have.” Mara whispered suddenly. “So, stop worrying about it.” She turned to him, a hint of tears in her eyes. The look on her face was soft, her eyes brimming with love as well as those tears. She had a small smile on her face.

He stopped the speeder right then and here and reached over the divider, pulling her into his arms until she was sitting on his lap. “I’m sorry.” He murmured. “I just wanted to give you..something of your past.”

“Don’t,” She put her fingers to his lips. “My past is in the past, Luke. I’m not going to lie and say I don’t think about my homeworld or who my parents were, but none of that matters now. I have a home with you.” She framed his face with her hand and leaned in to kiss him. “That’s the greatest gift you could give me.”

She leaned in laying a kiss on his lips; it was full of emotion and Luke could feel the passion in his wife’s Force aura. It flowed over him, making his own body hum in response.

When they separated his lips felt slightly numb.

“If you’re sure…”

Mara pressed another sudden kiss to his mouth.

“Stop talking, and stop apologizing.” She scolded, pulling back once more.

“Are you trying to shut me up?”

She did it again.

“Ask me another stupid question and see what answer you get.”

“I don’t mind the response.” He said smartly.

She simply rolled her eyes.
    They arrived back at the house after Mara shut Luke up a few more times. This had him grinning all way there, so much so he began to whistle. Oh, what an insufferable creature she’d unleashed.

“You can stop tooting your own horn. It’s not like you did anything.”

He got out. “If I’m really annoying you, you can shut me up again.”

“I bet you’d just love that wouldn’t you?” She leaned across the roof, staring him down.

“I wouldn’t mind it no.”

She pulled back and started for the steps. “Nice try, Farmboy.” Mara murmured.

Luke grinned broadly.

Mara could feel his gaze focusing on her; one area in particular.

“And wipe that stupid smug smirk off your face.”

“But you have such a nice….asset.”

There was humor in his voice; obviously finding his little pun very amusing. She groaned. When her husband started making dumb jokes she knew she was in trouble. His humor was a very odd one she’d come to find out. In fact, she’d noticed it had only started after they were married.

Mara swiped the card then waited. The door slid open and she stepped inside. There was a hum in the Force.

She had indeed created a monster…somehow.

“I guess you’ll have to keep kissing me then.” He quipped.
    ---​

Luke stepped in after her, grinning. He knew that pushing Mara’s buttons wasn’t wise, but he couldn’t for the life of him, help himself.4

If anyone was to say he had a death wish at the moment, he would have to say…. maybe he did.

*​

7. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Very nice update, it would be funny if she found out she was an unknown relative of Corran, and/or Han, great banter, and the talk with Tenel,
    was perfect.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. I love it when Luke presses Mara's buttons. Great update.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry. Double post. Hotel wifi sucks

10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to read and review while you're away, Bri. I appreciate it.

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, very nice moments there! :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, Emerald. I loved Tenel Ka's forthrightness and dignity :cool: Mara's characterization and reaction(s) were superb and what she told Luke about her past and how she has found a home with him turned me into a gooey mess [face_dancing] [face_love] which then was perfectly balanced by his puns and other bits of playfulness :) He is just a darling!

[:D]

!!!!!

newdawn12 likes this.
  13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I can see Mara as a Corellian. She has a smart mouth like Han. Normally I would think the term "spoon bender" as too Earthy since it was Uri Geller's trademark illusion trick...but then I swear I saw it used in a profic recently. I can't remember which one since I read five books this month. So I guess it is canon that Jedi are a bunch of spoonbenders. o_O

Nice update.

14. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    That would be Cuortship of Princess Leia.

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For spoonbenders? Then it is in more than one book because I read it in a novel I read recently. Last month I read 501st, Crucible, Red Harvest, Death Troopers and Crosscurrent.

I read COPL almost twenty years ago, so I don't remember much about it other than there wasn't enough bootknocking and too many rancors.

16. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012

That's where I go it from.

17. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    Well mother Rell did predict that Luke would find someone special, and have children.

18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    He may have children! The new comics I have heard he is a real Rogue.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Foot, he should have been a rogue with Ms. fine Jade [face_love] !! in Myrkr Forest [face_dancing]

20. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    He was shy in TTT

21. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Or maybe genuinely hesitant because she might blow his head off.

Gemma likes this.
  22. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    again i wish Tim Zahn had given Kevin Anderson permission to let them be together in the JAT.
    Kevin even asked him, if they were supposed to date.

23. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Folks let's take this somewhere else...before a Mod comes

24. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  25. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks for reading and reviewing: newdawn12, Briannakin, Hazel, Nyota's Heart, and Jedi_Lover. So what I wanted to happen in this chapter...didn't happen. Probably will happen in the next one. I had too many good ideas for good scenes and I didn't want to write over five pages--only slightly.

And now, here's more scandalous, sensual, and mushy fun with Mara and Luke

Enjoy!

Mara wandered down into the sunken livingarea then collapse gently on the couch. She pulled off her shoes and let them drop to the floor. Her head felt back against the arm of the couch, her hair falling over it as she breathed a sigh.

“Tired, my love?” Luke asked

"Not really."

He approached her. “Would you like me to do anything for you?” His wife’s lashes were flushed against her cheeks and she ran one hand through her hair.

“What did you have in mind?” She said lazily, her voice thick with mischief.

“Whatever you desire.”

She finally opened her eyes, tilting her head to meet his gaze. He was smiling, staring at her earnestly. He made his way to the other side of the couch and sat down. He propped her feet in his lap as he had done before.

Mara stared deeply into her husband’s eyes and they said nothing for a while. They did nothing. After all, what did they really need to do?

Luke smirked.

‘Besides that...’

He ran his hand sensually over her foot, fingers ghosting against the soles, then ran it along her calf. He stopped briefly at her pant cuff then traveled to her thigh. He stroked it until his hand made its way to her hip.

“If you’re trying to get into my pants again you’re sure taking your sweet time.” She murmured, watching him.

“I thought you wanted to just sit here.” Luke responded, his hand resting on her hip.

“I did, until you started trying to play doctor.”

“I’m sorry,” he said, looking innocent. “But you’re hard to resist, my love.”

“I suppose this is what I can expect the rest of our marriage? Scrambled moments groping in coat closet, heated kisses in a turbolifts that escalate into more heated moments, and so on and so forth.”

“Possibly.” He said agreeably.

“Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to.” She was grinning.

“I think,” He caressed her hip. “We’re we on to a great start.”

She gave in a sensual look then reached down intertwine their fingers.

“I think so too.”

His wife then crawled down to the other end of the couch and buried herself securely in her farmboy’s arms. “Hold me for awhile?” She requested.

He looked on upon her, eyes catching hers. He smiled and leaned down to kiss her full lips.

“Of course.” He whispered, pulling her body close against his.

She felt something insider her flutter; her heart possibly skipping a beat. This moment was so perfect. It was one of the singular moments where Mara found herself truly content. She was with the man she loved, who completed her, and who loved and accepted her for who she was with all her flaws and extra baggage.

…..just as she had accepted his failings and flaws. He was after all just a man.

She suspected neither of them had been completely whole until they had found one another. And honestly, she couldn’t think of a better person to complete her than Luke.

*​
    They untangled from one another an hour later. Mara had been so comfortable locked in her husband’s embrace that she had just been content staying within it. She listened to the comfortable thumping up his heart, following by Luke snoring away.

He had actually fallen asleep on her!

It wasn’t an incredibly loud snore though. It was light enough that it was endearing.

She hadn’t heard him snore the past two nights—then again they’d been going at it like Endorian rabbits since they arrive, so she suspected they’d both been too exhausted to notice.

She stretched, looking over to her sleeping partner.

He was rubbing his eyes as he yawned widely.

“Have a nice nap?” She asked.

“Did I fall asleep?”

“Mmmhmm”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“Don’t be, I didn’t realize it till awhile ago. We weren’t actually talking so it’s not like you fell asleep on me—even if you did.” She had a teasing tone.

He playfully pinched her rear in return.

She yelped then glared at him. “What did you tell you about that?” She growled.

“Sorry.” He didn’t sound very sorry. “How about I make it up to you...” His hand began to caress it. “

She smacked his hand aside.

“No, you get more out of that then I do.”

Mara sat up, moving away from him. He looked after her curiously.

“What do you propose then? How can I make it up to you, love?”

“Strip.”

He blinked.

“Pardon me?”

Her eyes danced in amusement. “Get down to you skivvies…and even further. And do it nice and slow.”

Luke didn’t move or say anything for a moment.

Mara prompted, “Well,” She smirked devilishly. “Women have set out to please their lovers for ages by dressing scantily clad. I think you should do your part…on appeasing me this time.” She lounged back on the otherwise of the sofa as she had done before.
    *​

From the stare he was receiving, he knew Mara was serious.

He would never win an argument with her—and she wasn’t going to let him weasel out of this.
    *​
    “If that’s what you really want?” He said in a husky voice. He wasn’t going to entirely give her all the pleasure. He wanted to dish it out.

He could almost feel her body temperature rise as he said this.

He reached for the bottom of his tunic and began to pull it off, tantalizingly revealing the expanse of his stomach muscles inch by inch. He could see her focusing on it, her tonguing running over her bottom lip. He felt the shudder go through her; her desire spiking. Getting a wicked thought, he stopped bellow his ribcage, holding the tunic up with one hand as he reached down to undo his belt.

He felt her irritation and disappointment as he switched tactics. He felt her displeasure.

Looking up fleetingly, he undid the catch—then suddenly paused for a second realizing he was actually going through with this. He fumbled just as he was about to pull the belt out from the loops.

Mara smiled wickedly.

“That’ll teach you,” She chortled.

“You’re enjoying this.” He said accusatorily.

“I’m sorry, dear, but you look so cute and flustered when you’re trying to be sexy. Plus you were teasing me; that’s not nice.”

He frowned and dropped his hand away from the belt.

“Then you don’t want me to go forward?”

“Oh, no, I want you to…but I just can’t resist that cute face of yours.”

“You know,” He put his hands back on the belt and pulled it out. “I haven’t exactly done thisf or a woman before. You should feel flattered.”

Mara flushed deeply at the hooded look her husband gave her.

The belt drop to the floor and he undid the snap on his pants right before returning his attention to his tunic, which he was hiking up further along his torso. It wasn’t long till she could see his chest.

At her limits, Mara stood up suddenly. She crossed over to him and kissed him furiously, undoing and unzipping his pants. “Pants off…bedroom now.”

It seemed Mara Jade Skywalker had been foiled at her own game.
    *​

“Where did that come from?” Luke asked, gasping in surprise afterword.

“Where did what came from?” Mara replied, barely holding her head up.

“That…thing you did. You never did that before.”

“Oh.” Her lips curled. “That.” She began to trace circles on his stomach. “I learned it from a book; I figured since it’s our last night on Hapes, I’d try something extra special.” She purred this last line. “Didn’t you like it?” Her lips became pouty and she stared up with liquid green eyes.

He stared down into them, mesmerized by them. Yes, he had enjoyed it but…the only thing that came out of his mouth was…

“You learned that from a book?” The tone was a mixture between baffled and mortified; in a cute Farmboy way though.

“There are others ways to spice up sexual.activities you know.”

He scowled. “I know that, I just prefer…more,” He was beginning to squirm. “More standard procedures.”

Mara let out a bark of laughter.

“Standard procedures…well that’s the first time I’ve heard it referred to that way.” Her right eyebrow rose. “I’m guess that’s the Farmboy in you.”

“Are you making fun of me, my love?” He asked, in a mock-scolding tone.

“Never.” She promised

She drew back sitting back on her heals. He watched her intently, trying to perceive her next move. “

“Mara?”

“I think…I’m going to get something to eat.”

His mouth hung slightly open. “What?”

“I’m hungry.” She moved off the bed and headed for the door, completely in the nude. “I’ve burned too many calories and it’s been awhile since breakfast.”

Luke sat up and in astonishment, watched her leave.

He could hear her puttering around the kitchen, humming as she did so. The door to fridgeration unit opening, glasses rattling, utensils clanging against plates. She returned a few minutes later, bearing a tray of food with two glasses of juice. Luke mouth hung open for a second; this time because of the sight before him.

“Seems the servants brought us some food; compliment-what?” Her voice was full of confusion.

He cast a glance over her body, her chest barely covered by the tray.

“Don’t act like this isn’t every man’s wildest dream.” She quipped.

“Usually if it involves an apron.” He reminded her.

She responded dryly, “I’ll have to remember that next time. Now, eat or I’ll start without you.”

He stole a piece of fruit off one of the plates. “Far be it for me to argue. I’d never win anyway.”

“That’s right.”
    *​
    ` When they were through with the food, Mara announced that she was going for a swim.

“Don’t you know you should wait thirty minutes after eating?” He called out as she walked to the terrace door.

“That’s an old wives tale.” She shot back. “I’m only going for a leisurely swim.”

“Like that….”

“Why not?” At her husband’s frown, she waved him off. “Oh, don’t look at me like that. I intended to put by bathing suit on.” She lowered her voice, muttering, “:Spoilsport.”

His wife returned with her suit on and stepped out onto the porch. Luke followed after putting his underwear on. He watched as his wife disappeared below the surface of the water, creating a small splash as she effortlessly and elegantly entered the water. He sat on lounger watching her swim back and forth.

“Are you just going to watch me?” She asked.

“It’s a nice view.”

She smirked as if pleased with his compliment then swam off. Mara then made a sudden turn in the water and swam back his way. “I think I deserve another view…I didn’t get to see all of it earlier.”

Quite suddenly, he was drenched from head to toe; his once dry briefs soaked through.

“That wasn’t nice…”

“Maybe, but since you’re skivvies are already wet, why don’t you join me.”

He glared at her for a moment then let out a heavy sigh. “Al right,” He relented then dove into the water after her.

Mara gave a momentary squeal when she realized he was coming after. He wound his right arm around her waist and pulled her to him. “I love you.” He whispered into her ear.

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.